• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Little Mac is trade fodder for everything.gif

4BYWIpi.jpg

Insaniac

It took a while to get through to their customer service line, but the info I got was well worth the wait. According to the representative I spoke to, there was an issue with concluding payment on the web-in-store orders. I think I've seen this around somewhere. BUT, this is where I think the new info comes in handy.
According to the representative, clerks inadvertently created multiple orders when trying to finalize the payments, and this caused "ghost" orders to be made, ones that would never be sent but still affected the inventory counts. So this is why, even with no one able to finish their orders with the system down, they sold out so fast.
And this is the sliver of hope: he said that they would be cancelling these ghost orders this upcoming Friday, and that they were taking a list of people who wanted to be notified via phone or e-mail when this next batch of pre-orders would be opened up.
In other words, call GS customer support and let them know the issues you had with pre-ordering. They'll get you on a notification list so you'll know when you'll be able to do your order.
Not all hope is lost. Do it for Ness. Do it for Lucina.
EDIT: 1-800-883-8895 is their number for those wondering. It took a maybe 20 minutes to get through to a representative, so be prepared for that.

Did ya'll see this about Gamestop, posted on Reddit?

Kitoro

I ordered a Ness first since the 6 pack wasn't working, then they got the 6 pack to work after, so I got that too. I hope they don't cancel my 6 pack and keep the lone Ness...

crimnos

So sounds like not everyone needs to call, just a few people, who can then relay information on the pre-order window when they receive it? Seems better that not everyone call, in order to limit wait times on the phone.

rjinaz

Did ya'll see this about Gamestop, posted on Reddit?

Another post on reddit:
– EVERYONE is calling about a waiting list for future Wave 4 pre-orders. There isn't a waiting list for future wave 4 pre-orders. The call center knows nothing about it. Don't call if you're expecting to be put on one.

– There are no plans for future Wave 4 pre-orders. That doesn't mean that there will be no more pre-orders in the future, but they cannot confirm or deny at this time because they don't know.

– If you call to file a complaint about the way pre-orders were handled, they will ask for your e-mail so that they can pull up your PowerUp Rewards card. This is so they can leave a note so that, in the future, should Gamestop decide to compensate those who waited for Wave 4 pre-orders and did not obtain them, they will know who to compensate. This will only work if you have a PowerUP Rewards card (this is not the same as Gamestop's credit card).

–I repeat: Gamestop does not have a waiting list for future Wave 4 Pre-orders. Don't call them expecting that. They're also not going to magically let you order them now either.

If you want to complain, please be advised that I was on hold for almost an hour. There is no guarentee that there will be any compensation either, even if you provide your email.

Stay informed guys.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Are those in store pre-orders live now?
BB still open for another hour...

PS Best Buy closed Easter. Target too.

EDIT: based on the guy with the photo it'd seem we can print those, and come back Monday? I may go print a few now and get there first thing monday...
What the hell is the kiosk you print these at? Self service?

Draxal

Yeah, have too much family coming by tomorrow for Easter to make a run to Best Buy for an amiibo pre-order lol. Where does one pre-order in-store at Best Buy, anyways? The customer service desk?

Well, they're closed for Easter, but I would go to CSD, they sometimes have kiosks, but they suck a ton.

Baliis

Not gonna call support, but I did fill out the survey on my receipt for the wario I was able to pre-order to complain a bit

LegendX48

So GameStop orders were sort of glitched out basically? Pretty much what I thought. Hoping for the best and that those who waited in stores and had their info written down get called first. I needs mah Lucina D:

Regiruler

I need further info on that BB pre-order stat.

I leave back to school monday but I should be able to make a very quick BB run if it means I can guarantee the splatoon triple pack.

Fushin

Are those in store pre-orders live now?
BB still open for another hour...

PS Best Buy closed Easter. Target too.

EDIT: based on the guy with the photo it'd seem we can print those, and come back Monday? I may go print a few now and get there first thing monday...
What the hell is the kiosk you print these at? Self service?

My store has a self service game pre order "kiosk" in the games department. It's slow as shit and never stays calibrated.

Salamando

Word of caution regarding the Best Buy preorder kiosk - preordered the latest World Of Warcraft Collector's edition through it...launch day, it wasn't at the store. Ended up cancelling and placing another order for in store pickup. Cursed Gamer's Club discount is just too good...

i dont hink that you need a proxy,
I just signed up and i could order.
There is even a link there that makes everything in English.
But so far none of the products had shipping to my country.
http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/how-to-order-from-amazon-japan-a-detailed-buying-guide/

You'll need a forwarding service if you want to ship anything besides CDs and Books.

How to use Tenso?
1. Go into Tenso.com.
2. Register.
3. Verify your account and enter your inbox again.
4. Login and you'll see your address.
5. Enter your details like provided in Amazon (http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/buy/address.html#amazonjp)
6. Once the item is shipped to the warehouse, make sure to confirm your ID. Scan your passport, ID card (etc.)
7. Once they have verified, pay them the shipping fee via Paypal or Mastercard.
8. Done! The package should be arriving at your house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom