• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck anime, it ruined mah SMTxFE dream game.
Still gonna play it.

Also is Marth restock coming same day as wave 4?

No date has been posted. However it should be coming in May.

PygeHD!
Brian★;158641321 said:
KFOQgln.png

Neogaf exclusive!

4 More Days!

If you're talking about the in store pre-order it's a no go. All I see is the Smash ones.

Those cards are printable from a preorder touchscreen in store but when you bring them to the cashier they don't work.

Some are saying they were told to go back Monday and some are saying it's a mistake and there won't be in store preorders.

D-Stubbs

So what's going on with Gamestop orders? There were ghost orders made by mistake? Should people with in store web orders be worried? Just looking for clarification.

Brian★;158877949 said:
European and Japanese. Sorry bout that.

Can I use my canadian billing address and CC and a usa shipping address?

How does payment work? Authorization or charge right away or no card activity until shipping?

PM me the site!

Charge immediately? Authorization? No credit card activity like AMAZON?

EU?

Charge immediately, payment only available via Paypal and will have to be a Paypal verified user.

Can I use my canadian billing address and CC and a usa shipping address?

How does payment work? Authorization or charge right away or no card activity until shipping?

Yes you can use a different billing address and shipping address.

Charge right away via Paypal. We do not accept Credit Card rn.

Parham

Banned
So what's going on with Gamestop orders? There were ghost orders made by mistake? Should people with in store web orders be worried? Just looking for clarification.

Assuming the issue with ghost orders is true, they'll just cancel the duplicate orders.

goldenpp72

So I went to BB (only 8 minutes away) and while the pre-order slips did print out, they would not go through at the register. They called the manager to the front to see what's wrong and he said the system on that kiosk only updates daily, so they probably had some cancellations that kicked in and sold out already. Oh well :(

NateDrake

So I went to BB (only 8 minutes away) and while the pre-order slips did print out, they would not go through at the register. They called the manager to the front to see what's wrong and he said the system on that kiosk only updates daily, so they probably had some cancellations that kicked in and sold out already. Oh well :(

dSo00Yz.gif

goldenpp72

Not gonna lie, I was pretty mad just because I still haven't secured the 2 Fire Emblem ones yet, but I didn't take it out on them, I just said i'd hold on to the slips just in case they end up in stock again later and walked out. I do hope Amazon pulls through as i've easily gotten every single amiibo outside of Rosalina up to this point, but now that it's such a craze it kind of ruined it :(

Same happened to me but I'm gonna keep my printed receipts just in case... Hoping for a miracle at this point.

I was planing to get about 10 amiibos but after reading all the BS there is... I'm just going to buy Mewtwo.

I can't believe some of these toys are going for 60+ dollars.

I can't say the reddit information is completely true but some of it is clearly correct with how WiS works and how 'ghost' orders would be created.

When processing these transactions WiS reserves the submitted product for the order even though you haven't paid yet, it basically puts that stock on hold the problem became that the site keep crashing when the servers were getting overloaded and every time we tried to submit, it crashed and it refreshed it was likely creating these 'ghost' orders, this makes perfect sense as they were going through despite the crash it just wasn't showing on our computers (with what we need to print to complete the order for customers to pay).

The night this happened I emailed corp about the mess this was and the customers had to turn away (as well as screwing over every one of our employees) and they did ask for all information about the people who could not get the orders so I do think they may try to do this.

I highly doubt they will be just taking numbers for people to call randomly, likely will just go by what stores report for the most part.

Just tried calling the GameStop Customer helpline, and what they told me basically was that there was a lot of misinformation going around about what's being done about the Amiibo situation and that they really didn't know what was going to happen to placate those who were affected. If anything is being done, that is. They didn't even take down my name and order number or anything.

In addition to feeling like a complete ass because I'm sure I'm just one of many people calling to get answers, I also felt kind of ashamed that this is how I'm choosing to spend my Saturday night. This hobby just isn't fun anymore. I'm going to try to relax and passively attempt to finish the Smash series as best as I can; and you know what, paying the premium to scalpers is starting to seem more and more worth it for each ration of bullshit Nintendo dishes out with their poor handling of these things. I really feel like they've already won the war here.

Brian, do we know how this NeoGAF exclusive thing is going to work yet? (Or are you just saying the pre-order date notice is a NeoGAF exclusive?)

Diggehpls

That picture was a Neogaf exclusive, not the items are Neogaf exclusives. First come, first serve. Sorry for the confusion.

Does this mean you'll be having pre-orders for Jigglypuff and Greninja on the 9th? Please give a time when you're putting them up because I really want those two.

We will be putting up a time on the 8th.

KEEP IN MIND, IT IS AUSTRALIAN TIME.

AUSTRALIAN'S HAVE SWITCHED TO A NON-DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ZONE.

Check AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom