• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Banned
I feel that way about Robin and Lucina. FE:A was one of the rare games that REALLY consumed me for a few months. I was a newcomer to FE and this one looked amazing already, and just blew away my expectations. They're also both characters I use a lot when I play Smash.

So I can totally relate with everyone feeling the same away about these two. Screw everyone that's trying to take our passion away :(

If you're willing to pay scalper prices for Lucina, you're probably better off getting her Figma instead. It's only like $40 and much better quality than the amiibo. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Paranoid that I'm gonna step away from my phone for just a second and miss a preorder notification.

This is not healthy. =(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you're willing to pay scalper prices for Lucina, you're probably better off getting her Figma instead. It's only like $40 and much better quality than the amiibo. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

I didn't really mean pay scalper prices, as an "I feel you with wanting x character". I already have the Figma on order, too.

Armaly

Took a nap. I didn't miss anything in the last 4 hours, did I?

Do you guys think Lucas will also end up being a retailer exclusive? I need him to go with my Ness.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Took a nap. I didn't miss anything in the last 4 hours, did I?

Do you guys think Lucas will also end up being a retailer exclusive? I need him to go with my Ness.

I'm betting a curve ball is in store for Mewtwo & Ness as I said before. It's just that their DLC Amiibo, where as most others have direct ties to multiple games directly. Granted, I don't know a smash player who won't grab the DLC, but it's likely they will end up either exclusives to a retailer or as a dreadfully limited release via the replacement to Club Nintendo.

AdanVC

I know it's kinda silly to be excited of getting this amiibo but here:

dscn2012fzzib.jpg

Bowser is in da house. He looks so cool and waaaay better than Smash Bowser IMO.

GeekComplex

Neo Member

Bowser is in da house. He looks so cool and waaaay better than Smash Bowser IMO.

Totally agree he's cooler.

On the subject of Lucas and Mewtwo - Just had a second idea that they're just as likely to be tossed into that barren wave the way we didn't know Greninja or Jiggly were coming this wave til the direct.

Rocky

Banned
I didn't really mean pay scalper prices, as an "I feel you with wanting x character". I already have the Figma on order, too.

Ah, I see. Yeah, Lucina is probably my most wanted in Wave 4. She's the only FE amiibo I'm interested in.

With the figma coming out, it almost seems like Lucina wouldn't be worth it for scalpers. Would they really be able to get a high price for her with reasonably priced, better quality figma available? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on her, it really is a nice figure.

Shauni

On the subject of Lucas and Mewtwo - Just had a second idea that they're just as likely to be tossed into that barren wave the way we didn't know Greninja or Jiggly were coming this wave til the direct.

They'll both be out by June (or well, it said they were aiming for June for Lucas), so yeah, this is entirely possible.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Will Best Buy have the Spatoon 3 pack? If so anybody have a link

Already did, but they sold out. I'd post the link in my order page, but I can't even log in lol.

jmizzal

Already happened man. Of course it is gone as well. What was crazy is you couldn't even search for it when it went live. Fortunately, the links were posted here for us to get them.

ok I lol I just want to have the link saved so I can get there fast when it comes back

I rather get them from Bestbuy since I got GCU

melman101

GAF, I was in the hospital the past 3 days. I got Charizard, Pac-Man and Wario. But missed out on Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin.

Ness hasn't gone up at GameStop.com yet correct?

Did I miss anything else?

NateDrake

GAF, I was in the hospital the past 3 days. I got Charizard, Pac-Man and Wario. But missed out on Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin.

GameStop is said to have sold-out of their entire pre-order stock, so Ness may never go up for pre-order on GameStop.com.

Ness is gone. He was in-store pre-order only along with wave 4. They never released online pre-orders cuz their servers crashed.

Korosenai

If it comes down to it, and I absolutely had to do it, i'll trade my spare Little Mac for a Ness.... i've always wanted to have a opened and NIB Little Mac, but when it come down to it, I just have to have Ness.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
FML, I wake up to find out I missed Walmart preorders. UGH.

Edit: Or not? Cause Nowinstock's Amiibo log shows that they went out of stock, but never even went up????

Insaniac

Some guy on reddit said he submitted a survey (the one on his receipt) to gamestop stating his dissatisfaction with the web in store experience (not the associate) and said they contacted him and he got a preorder for the 6 pack. I don't see HOW that could be possible, he posted 'proof', but take it as you will.

I submitted a survey on the off chance....

Uh nope, no walmart pre orders

Fox Mulder

Some guy on reddit said he submitted a survey (the one on his receipt) to gamestop stating his dissatisfaction with the web in store experience (not the associate) and said they contacted him and he got a preorder for the 6 pack. I don't see HOW that could be possible, he posted 'proof', but take it as you will.

I submitted a survey on the off chance....

Uh nope, no walmart pre orders

the gamestop guy at my store said to give them a bad review for the shit network since i stood in line for 50 minutes.

The survey has a question asking if you want someone to contact you for the issue, but I said no. I suppose you could curse at them and get stuff maybe.

rjinaz

Edit: Or not? Cause Nowinstock's Amiibo log shows that they went out of stock, but never even went up????

They put up placeholders on the nowinstock website is all. Walmart doesn't even have placeholders on their site yet for wave 4

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Ahhhh, okay. That makes more sense. Sorry, I just woke up finally from staying up nearly 24+ hours over these stupid things, not exactly thinking straight yet. :c

the gamestop guy at my store said to give them a bad review for the shit network since i stood in line for 50 minutes.

The survey has a question asking if you want someone to contact you for the issue, but I said no. I suppose you could curse at them and get stuff maybe.
Fuck, I was there for three and a half hours. Maybe I should take that survey... if it was truly fair, there's no reason I shouldn't have come out of there with all six characters. I was only second in line.

dscn2012fzzib.jpg

Bought him last night since Targert was having a sale. He's amazing. Such a great sculpt and the paint app is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom