• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaviourMK2

Can somebody give me the lime information? I've been trying to get to it for days now.

Lime is a calcium-containing inorganic material in which carbonates, oxides and hydroxides predominate. Strictly speaking, lime is calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide. It is also the name of the natural mineral (native lime) CaO which occurs as a product of coal seam fires and in altered limestone xenoliths in volcanic ejecta.[1] The word "lime" originates with its earliest use as building mortar and has the sense of "sticking or adhering."

ZeroX03

Banned
Lime is a calcium-containing inorganic material in which carbonates, oxides and hydroxides predominate. Strictly speaking, lime is calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide. It is also the name of the natural mineral (native lime) CaO which occurs as a product of coal seam fires and in altered limestone xenoliths in volcanic ejecta.[1] The word "lime" originates with its earliest use as building mortar and has the sense of "sticking or adhering."

I laughed

Brian★;158914993 said:
PM Diggeh or Blue Namagem.

Pmd diggeh and nothing. Guess it's time to pm blue.

HUR hur hur

CorvoSol

Here I thought it was a green citrus fruit.

SaviourMK2

I know. Twas a typo. It's 6 am give me a break!

very well

KIT_KAT_School.jpg

If you want to see when PygeHD Amiibos are coming out.
a) Go to Line and ask me about the International Alert service. I'll post when they're up.
b) Follow on Twitter and keep a close eye! https://twitter.com/PygeHD

I won't be adding PygeHD amiibos to Pushbullet since it will get people angry.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Brian★;158917498 said:
If you want to see when PygeHD Amiibos are coming out.
a) Go to Line and ask me about the International Alert service. I'll post when they're up.
b) Follow on Twitter and keep a close eye! https://twitter.com/PygeHD

I won't be adding PygeHD amiibos to Pushbullet since it will get people angry.

IINuQQb.jpg

Making your first tweet not be about amiibo? You were begging for it!

Frap pls

Hey guys was at Wondercon today and they had Amiibos on display.
NOTE: Not sure if these are "Display" models but they looked final

-Wario and Ness looked the best in terms of quality. Best of all Amiibo made so far.
-Pac-Man looks great
-Charizard looks good but has a bunch of seams where his pieces join the biggest flaw is the belly color part, the seam is pretty bad there.
-Robin and Lucina looked nice and had pretty good faces, actually really hard to see.
-Splatoon Amiibo looked great due to the fact that they have multiple materials. Soft for the body and shiny for the hair and Ink. The girl inkling is the best one.
-Boy Inkling had a weird seam/error on top of his head/hair.
-Yoshi Amiibo are much smaller than I expected.

If these are the final store products than they are definitely improving on the quality.

Soul Lab

Hey guys was at Wondercon today and they had Amiibos on display.
NOTE: Not sure if these are "Display" models but they looked final

-Wario and Ness looked the best in terms of quality. Best of all Amiibo made so far.
-Pac-Man looks great
-Charizard looks good but has a bunch of seams where his pieces join the biggest flaw is the belly color part, the seam is pretty bad there.
-Robin and Lucina looked nice and had pretty good faces, actually really hard to see.
-Splatoon Amiibo looked great due to the fact that they have multiple materials. Soft for the body and shiny for the hair and Ink. The girl inkling is the best one.
-Boy Inkling had a weird seam/error on top of his head/hair.
-Yoshi Amiibo are much smaller than I expected.

If these are the final store products than they are definitely improving on the quality.

oh that's nice to hear. I'm so on board with Splatoon Amiibos. But I dunno if I should get Boy only or Boy and Girl . I'm gonna make a Squid Boy as my Character. So his amiibo makes sense to unlock some costumes.

skaflone721

Neo Member
I wonder if Nintendo is so backwards that they might actually still be going with whatever numbers they must have came up with probably a year ago.

The only confirmation of change is the Marth restock. I don't think they've increased anything or will the rest of the waves.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
It seems as of this morning the holds on funding for the orders I've got have been returned.
Just a reminder, these things WILL NOT SHIP if you don't have the money in your account close to/at the ship date.
Hope everyone enjoys their holiday!

Shoyz

Easter Holiday aside, yes, TRU Customer Service is the fucking pits. Good luck, mate.

If their eventual experience is anything like mine always are, chat isn't worth contacting at all. The eventuality is them always relegating to their phone service (who are also usually unhelpful). Call them instead. Not sure why Amazon is the only site I've seen where chat agents have any power to do anything.

I had a dream I won a life-size Lucina amiibo. I woke up all giddy until the heavy realization that I won't even be able to score a normal-size Lucina hit me like a bag of Scalped quarters.

Happy Amiister > _ >

Ultimadrago

If their eventual experience is anything like mine always are, chat isn't worth contacting at all. The eventuality is them always relegating to their phone service (who are also usually unhelpful). Call them instead. Not sure why Amazon is the only site I've seen where chat agents have any power to do anything.

Last time I had to deal with their horrid phone service, I ended up putting things in my own hands and laid down a PayPal dispute. Their PayPal contact is non-existent to such an extent that they wouldn't even answer PayPal about the dispute over the span of two weeks. PayPal proceeded to then just give me a full refund.

There's no chance they'll produce more in the future?
Shulk is getting another run, yes?

Honestly I think everything will get additional runs eventually.

The demand vs. supply right now is massive and they still need to get through so many more characters.

CorvoSol

Well I spoke to someone on live chat before the weekend and they were helpful enough for someone whose response was "the amiibo thing is fuckin' cray and it fucked all our computers up so I can't guarantee you did in fact succeed in making this preorder."

It's more the fact that the paypal support e-mail got no response in that time frame. We'll see this week if conditions improve, I guess.

rjinaz

I'm never getting a Ness Amiibo now that I missed the launch (10 minute) window, am I? All kinds of sad about that one.

Best chance is to watch the website near launch I would guess or visit gamestops on the launch day.

There's no chance they'll produce more in the future?

Probably not but it's certainly possible gamestop will put up more stock at some point as they did with Shulk.

I still think some get a reprint for the holidays, or an order program through their site or poll , idk

unless nintendo hates money and they have proven to hate money ;p

-Horizon-

Just missing Pink Yarn Yoshi.

Greninja and Jigglypuff haven't been up on EU as far as I know.
That is strange that those last 2 pokemon aren't up yet. Aren't they supposed to be released much earlier than the US ones?

Still refreshing Lucina and Robin on Amazon. No sign of Yarn Yoshis for NA. Hoping on some off chance Jigglypuff pops up again.
Would yarn yoshi be up this early? I think EU gets the game first so the wait for the amiibo might be longer here in the US.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am gonna try and get the next wave of Amiibo but either way after that I am bailing out of the F5 hunt, it's just too stressful and annoying.

Ibuki

Banned
I am gonna try and get the next wave of Amiibo but either way after that I am bailing out of the F5 hunt, it's just too stressful and annoying.

It's a very odd feeling. I check every few minutes but I know it's going to be the minute I'm not checking that it goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom