• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So right now we have Amiibo for Mario Party 10, Smash, Yoshi Wolly World and Splatoon.

What's next? Wasn't Mario Kart supposed to use the functionality too?

Right now, Mario Kart 8 already have 10 costumes for Mii where you can unlock with specific characters amiibo.

Upcoming update will add other 10 costumes for Mii in Mario Kart 8. The best part about new costumes is that we are getting those third-party characters from Smash in. Those 3 costume look freakin amazing.

So right now we have Amiibo for Mario Party 10, Smash, Yoshi Wolly World and Splatoon.

What's next? Wasn't Mario Kart supposed to use the functionality too?

Mario Kart got the costumes, but with the way they've been keeping up with DLC and doing more updates for a game that...is actually almost a year old now, I don't see why they couldn't produce things like Mario in a Kart, other characters in karts, etc on amiibo stands. And the Wooly Wold and cards show that "amiibo" isn't just tied to being a "static figure on a round base". They could easily make a Mario sitting in a kart and stick a NFC chip on the bottom of the kart to scan in with.

Retail-1-set-Super-font-b-Mario-b-font-Bros-Car-Toy-Full-Set-6-pcs.jpg

Something like this would be awesome to have.

Rizific

Number 1: those characters aren't GameStop's exclusive

Number 2: I'm pretty sure that GameStop made the deal with Nintendo for second shipments since GameStop probably covered the production costs, like they did with Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Number 3: Unlike Target, TRU and Best Buy, GameStop is catering to video game enthusiasts, so they know their own businesses (sometime)
Were you being serious about number 3? Nintendo catering to gaming enthusiasts?

Rizific

GameStop, not Nintendo. >.>
OK lol, I thought you had completely lost your mind for a second. As much as I hope for a reprint, I for one am not holding my breath. The way it's looking now, my only hope of getting any wave 4 is going to be in an actual store. I've been pretty lucky with wave 1-3, but I'm not even going to devote half of the time or effort into trying for wave 4.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop is NOT catering to anyone but themselves. Web In Store is the devil.

Web in store was the stupidest thing I have ever heard of when they first implemented it. I did work for a bit at GS but long before WiS was made. I get it's so individual stores could get quota but it's like "hey we have something you can pre-order that you can do at your own house!" At least with regular pre-orders, there's adequate packaging that won't ruin packages when they get to stores, and they don't charge you shipping. The idea of visiting a store to order something online is... I don't get it :/

In the case of Wave 4 it's not like we had an option, of course. Why they didn't just make it an online exclusive I have no idea. Maybe to get more individual store data? I dunno...

-Horizon-

Back from trying to finish up Wind Waker.

If they can announce a Palutena figma before summer, I will bow out of the amiibo run. Its the only thing keeping me going because I want some kind of figure for her.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Web in store has always been successful for me. I don't mind going down to GS if it guarantees a product.

The unbelievable part is that after it took 1.5 hours for the first three of us to get our orders in, they probably sold out of everyone before the other 30 people there could even think about refreshing for a Ness.

Insaniac

Web in store has always been successful for me. I don't mind going down to GS if it guarantees a product.

The unbelievable part is that after it took 1.5 hours for the first three of us to get our orders in, they probably sold out of everyone before the other 30 people there could even think about refreshing for a Ness.

I was upset that even though I arrived early 4th in line I was unable to secure the 6 pack because of their web in store crashes. I mean if you're fourth in line at a place, you expect to be able to order what you want

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are they making a Rosalina Amiibo for the Super Mario series?

weevles

Who is planning to use their amiibo in smash? Anyone think Lucina will actually be useful? I really don't like how she plays in the game. Actually don't care for the sword fighters although Robin has some good moves. I'm planning to get both but wonder if they'll make much difference in the game.

I just wanted to mention that if you're looking to get Lucina and you don't get her for what an amiibo SHOULD be sold for, then just get the figma of her (I know I suggested this a few pages back, but I've done it myself now). I see her amiibo re-selling for $40 now, but just $20 more you can get the amazingly detailed figma. I'll still get Robin and Lucina if I can for a reasonable price, but this wave has just drained me. It's not worth stressing over, ya know?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There isn't one announced, but it will without a doubt happen. Especially since Roslina is getting more support (MK8).

Bare minimum we can expect the entire rest of the MP10 cast to get SM amiibos.

I would have expected it to be announced already.

batfax

I just wanted to mention that if you're looking to get Lucina and you don't get her for what an amiibo SHOULD be sold for, then just get the figma of her (I know I suggested this a few pages back, but I've done it myself now). I see her amiibo re-selling for $40 now, but just $20 more you can get the amazingly detailed figma. I'll still get Robin and Lucina if I can for a reasonable price, but this wave has just drained me. It's not worth stressing over, ya know?

It's not even $20 more. Before shipping, the Lucina figma is 5,200 yen, which is like, $43. If you just want a figure of the character, there's NO reason not to just get the figma. It's a better figure, the price is right, and you don't have to kill yourself to get it.

I was upset that even though I arrived early 4th in line I was unable to secure the 6 pack because of their web in store crashes. I mean if you're fourth in line at a place, you expect to be able to order what you want

I've mentioned this like 3 or 4 times already, but I feel like it can't be overstated how shitty it is. I was first in line at gamestop, was there since 1pm, before any line formed...waited and waited only for the the WiS thing to fuck so much, and by the time I was finally able to check out...He added Lucina and Robin to my cart, and they were removed before I could even pay because WiS sold out.

First in line at a store, and the preorders sold out right from under me. Bull fucking shit.

I'm happy I'm getting Ness, but I really wanted Lucina at the very least too :(

I'm not sure if this was posted previously, but has anyone noticed Pac-Man's listing has disappeared from TRU's site. I doubt it means anything significant but I just thought I'd point it out.

Fox Mulder

Anything would be better than what they're doing right now. They just don't seem to care at all with what's happening. They announce a new wave, make three of them store exclusives, produce an insignificant amount of said wave and exclusive, move onto the next wave.

Rinse and repeat.

It honestly baffles me at how bad this has gotten over little figurines. You have people staying up until 3AM, setting alarms for 7AM, lining up for over 3 hours at Gamestop, etc. What a sigh of relief it will be once they finish off the smash line.

Feels like they just want to blitz through the smash line, which is full of niche characters and more detailed to paint than the larger figures from the Super Mario line.

Cards are going to be so much easier to make quickly.

I was first in line and only wanted ness. I was worried he would sell out since every store pulled from the same pool instead of stores getting an allotment for each.

How stupid, even if their network hadn't shit the bed.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I had a feeling something would go up this whole weekend. Everyday I'm refreshing this thread less and less. It's only a matter of time before the ball drops, maybe.

Being a holiday weekend, I figured places would be more thinly staffed to even bother adding new stuff up like that.

Ibuki

Banned

I'm still going to be on the hunt for Lucina, but I went ahead and put an order in for the Figma before it sells out. It looks so wonderful.

Neoxon

I will continue to hunt for Robin & Lucina because I have the will & perseverance to. Us Amiibo Hunters must know exactly what we want & chase after them without stopping for anything, we must look for the ceiling & drill our way through it. We must kick logic & reason in the face and do the impossible. Believe in the you that believes in you!

Since I don't have a single Wave 4 amiibo on preorder, my plan is to be on amazon's site as they open their preorders and have Lucina, Robin, Wario, Charizard, and PacMan locked down. Then, on April 27th, make sure I request leave from work to camp out at TRU before the store opens to snag a Greninja preorder. On release day for Jigglypuff, making sure I request yet another day off, I'll camp out at Target. That leaves Ness. I have a small collection of rare NIB amiibo ready for trade and I'm sure to snag one via that process.

I am certain, however, that something will go wrong as it always does but I thought I should have a plan.

And, worse case scenario, I have a Lucina Figma on preorder as backup and will pose her the same as her amiibo, display her with my amiibo collection,
and weep at my forever incomplete collection.

ChaosXVI

If I hadn't been able to get Ness, I'd probably just be out of the game at this point, since even though I was in line, and was only number 4 in line, I still couldn't get Lucina or Robin, and everybody else non-exclusive I expect to be pretty easy to find once they hit stores.

batfax

I'm still going to be on the hunt for Lucina, but I went ahead and put an order in for the Figma before it sells out. It looks so wonderful.

The magic thing with the Lucina figma is that she's made-to-order. So long as you order before whenever they cut them off, they can't really "sell out." It's a system amiibo desperately need.

I will continue to hunt for Robin & Lucina because I have the will & perseverance to. Us Amiibo Hunters must know exactly what we want & chase after them without stopping for anything, we must look for the ceiling & drill our way through it. We must kick logic & reason in the face and do the impossible. Believe in the you that believes in you!
Preach it!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I suddenly wish I had a Lagann amiibo.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
On one hand, I'm kinda glad they're not making Hyrule Warriors, or Animal Crossing Amiibo. Knowing my luck, my favorites would be exclusives/extremely rare. On the other hand, I'd kill for a Lana, Ghirahim, Kicks, or Bob figurine. @.@

G0523

Since I don't have a single Wave 4 amiibo on preorder, my plan is to be on amazon's site as they open their preorders and have Lucina, Robin, Wario, Charizard, and PacMan locked down. Then, on April 27th, make sure I request leave from work to camp out at TRU before the store opens to snag a Greninja preorder. On release day for Jigglypuff, making sure I request yet another day off, I'll camp out at Target. That leaves Ness. I have a small collection of rare NIB amiibo ready for trade and I'm sure to snag one via that process.

I am certain, however, that something will go wrong as it always does but I thought I should have a plan.

And, worse case scenario, I have a Lucina Figma on preorder as backup and will pose her the same as her amiibo, display her with my amiibo collection,
and weep at my forever incomplete collection.

Yeah I'm in a similar boat as you. I preordered all the non-exclusives from Best Buy when they went up. But I keep on missing out on Greninja, Ness, and Jigglypuff.
And I had the fucking page open for Jigglypuff and it still didn't do shit!
I'm hopeful of getting a preorder for Greninja in and for Jigglypuff I'm gonna hopefully get an online order in either before or the day it comes out like I did with Rosalina. And Ness, well, that's gonna be the toughest one I think. When GameStop had Shulk they couldn't sell them to anyone who didn't have a preorder. So how are the rest of us gonna get one? Probably through sheer will and paying at least $30 for it.

Illucio

Banned
I've been seeing an article on almost every major news site about how fans are mad at Nintendo over Amiibo, and how bad the situation due to their rarity.

Oh great, more exposure to scalpers ._.

Crom

Yeah I'm in a similar boat as you. I preordered all the non-exclusives from Best Buy when they went up. But I keep on missing out on Greninja, Ness, and Jigglypuff.
And I had the fucking page open for Jigglypuff and it still didn't do shit!
I'm hopeful of getting a preorder for Greninja in and for Jigglypuff I'm gonna hopefully get an online order in either before or the day it comes out like I did with Rosalina. And Ness, well, that's gonna be the toughest one I think. When GameStop had Shulk they couldn't sell them to anyone who didn't have a preorder. So how are the rest of us gonna get one? Probably through sheer will and paying at least $30 for it.

Same here. Got the 5 on Bestbuy.com but missed all 3 exclusives. I will have to trade for them when they roll out.

I was on Target.com for Jigglypuff too but got nothing but errors and wasn't able to checkout

Shauni

On one hand, I'm kinda glad they're not making Hyrule Warriors, or Animal Crossing Amiibo. Knowing my luck, my favorites would be exclusives/extremely rare. On the other hand, I'd kill for a Lana, Ghirahim, Kicks, or Bob figurine. @.@

I doubt Hyrule Warriors will get them, but when the next Legend of Zelda launches, I'll be pretty surprised if there's not amiibos there. Either a full "classic" line like the Super Mario or a mini-line of 3-5 like Splatoon.

So I went to wondercon today for the Amiibo tournament and my mega man is fucking retarded. My mega man was up 3 to 1 and fucking lost. Fate doesn't want me to have a meta knight.

I've been seeing an article on almost every major news site about how fans are mad at Nintendo over Amiibo, and how bad the situation due to their rarity.

Oh great, more exposure to scalpers ._.

I doubt it. It's coming to a boiling point where the demand is going to start dropping due to people getting fed up with this mess.

Scalpers might win out this wave but after this, people are going to start spending their money elsewhere.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I went to wondercon today for the Amiibo tournament and my mega man is fucking retarded. My mega man was up 3 to 1 and fucking lost. Fate doesn't want me to have a meta knight.

Should've taken Bowser and wrecked those fools.

skaflone721

Neo Member
I doubt it. It's coming to a boiling point where the demand is going to start dropping due to people getting fed up with this mess.

Scalpers might win out this wave but after this, people are going to start spending their money elsewhere.

Lol, damn I haven't seen your username since the old Vita days from the gfaqs Vita boards.

But yeah, we're reaching a critical point where people are simply going to be forced to quit. I mean if you can't even get it, you're gonna have to quit. It'll be hard to go on especially for those that were looking for just favs or full collections.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, damn I haven't seen your username since the old Vita days from the gfaqs Vita boards.

But yeah, we're reaching a critical point where people are simply going to be forced to quit. I mean if you can't even get it, you're gonna have to quit. It'll be hard to go on especially for those that were looking for just favs or full collections.

What's the matter? Can't stay up until 2 AM to refresh a page to preorder? What's that? You missed the 1 minute preorder window? Then you're not a true fan.

-xoxo Nintendo

Getting saltier each hour
Preorders still aren't live
What keeps us all refreshing
The scalpers keep on winning

(Cry)

We're in too deep to begin getting sleep
Though prices are steep we must take the leap

They're up all night to scalp tons
I'm up all night to get one
They're up all night for big bucks
I'm up all night to get salty

Stay up all night to get none
Want this wave, then I'm so done
Nintendo, this isn't fun
We're up all night to get salty

Phu

Banned

I'm only trying to get my few favorites from each wave and I'm all ready to step out after the Smash line is through.

The Mario, Splatoon and Yoshi amiibo aren't doing anything for me because I don't even want to start with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom