• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
MM and Sonic are uncommon. You should be able to find them with relative ease along with Shiek, Toon Link and Bowser.

I'd say no. Easily grabbed megaman and saw plenty sonics when shopping recently.

I see. They didn't seem rare but I wasn't sure. I thought Shiek was gonna be rare, but I guess she ended up common?

Everyone except Bowser, Toon Link, Shiek, Sonic and Mega Man is rare.

Rarest of wave 3 is probably Rosalina, Meta Knight or Shulk.

Rosalina actually ended up rare? Damn, I messed up not buying multiple when I had the chance. But oh well, scalping's too much of a hassle and I mainly care about having the figures to use in games and shit anyways.

I see. They didn't seem rare but I wasn't sure. I thought Shiek was gonna be rare, but I guess she ended up common?

Rosalina actually ended up rare? Damn, I messed up not buying multiple when I had the chance. But oh well, scalping's too much of a hassle and I mainly care about having the figures to use in games and shit anyways.

I'd say sheik is the most rare out of all the ones listed. I've only seen her once and there were like 2 only.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Took a little break from Amiibo collecting because I had other things to pay for, but the recent Direct made me want to get back into it. Who ended up rare from the February and March waves? Are Mega Man and Sonic at all rare?

uazt9IT.png

Read Best OP please! :)

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Just came by for the usual excuse to post an amiibo related pic I found while waiting for these damned pre-orders.
Hope all is well with Amiibo-Gaf.
Hopefully news on Amazon/Walmart/Target-minus Jiggly tonight/tomorrow eh!?

uc4UBeE.jpg

Read Best OP please! :)

For real though, it's the best format this OP could possibly be, and has SO MUCH info. Thanks again for all that!

daripad

Guys, Someone is selling me a Captain falcon amiibo for 820 Mexican pesos (like 70 US dollars)

Do I buy it or not? That's the cheapest I found here and I really want him. Only detail is the box is damaged but the amiiibo is completely fine (and I don't care about the box)

13randO

Guys, Someone is selling me a Captain falcon amiibo for 820 Mexican pesos (like 70 US dollars)

Do I buy it or not? That's the cheapest I found here and I really want him. Only detail is the box is damaged but the amiiibo is completely fine (and I don't care about the box)

Nah, 70 bones is a lot of money for just one amiibo. The easiest way to go about it is to trade into him.

-Horizon-

Just came by for the usual excuse to post an amiibo related pic I found while waiting for these damned pre-orders.
Hope all is well with Amiibo-Gaf.
Hopefully news on Amazon/Walmart/Target-minus Jiggly tonight/tomorrow eh!?

uc4UBeE.jpg

For real though, it's the best format this OP could possibly be, and has SO MUCH info. Thanks again for all that!
You are very optimistic.

Josh5890

If he means that much to you, just trade a couple other amiibos to get him. I wouldn't spend $70 on any amiibo personally.

CorvoSol

So how much at this point constitutes a reasonable price for Shulk? Like I'm looking at one that's 35 bucks after shipping as the lowest I can find at the moment. Should I go for that, or hold out?

I absolutely want c. Falc... I'd never pay that much for one amiibo. Ever.

Took a little break from Amiibo collecting because I had other things to pay for, but the recent Direct made me want to get back into it. Who ended up rare from the February and March waves? Are Mega Man and Sonic at all rare?

Super Rare
Meta Knight
Shulk

Rare
Ike
Rosalina
King dedede
Lucario

Uncommon
Sheik
Sonic
Mega Man

Common
Toon Link
Bowser

So how much at this point constitutes a reasonable price for Shulk? Like I'm looking at one that's 35 bucks after shipping as the lowest I can find at the moment. Should I go for that, or hold out?

$35 sounds about normal. Not a horrible price. Might come down a bit when the May 1st GameStop restock comes. I should say IF the restock comes.

CorvoSol

Is Amazon not a choice?

daripad

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
From I understand, you guys alert each other of when amiibos go on order via Line? Or some sort of other alert system?

Yep, when you're in the LINE Amiibo Alert Chat, whenever someone posts in there, it dings your phone as if you got a text message. (Hence there are strict rules about posting in that chat.)

Josh5890

I feel like us waiting for some retailers to start pre-orders is like this time last year when Smash Gaf waited every night for Ridley to be announced as playable.

ExVicis

Is this where I go to find out how to preorder a Lucina Amiibo? I thought Samus and Little Mac was about it but I'm realizing I did also want Lucina and that'll probably be hard to find.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Is this where I go to find out how to preorder a Lucina Amiibo? I thought Samus and Little Mac was about it but I'm realizing I did also want Lucina and that'll probably be hard to find.

As of now, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Target have yet to go live with pre-orders.
Toys R Us, Best Buy, and GameStop are allegedly totally sold out of her, at least online.

Insaniac

You're in the right place, but getting her will be difficult. As of right now she and robin sell out the quickest when preorders go up. We're talking like several minutes

I haven't found Toad anywhere over here, think I'll ever be able to see him in the stores???

Also, what about the Splatoon Amiibos???

Any chance on these being in the stores on shelves???

ExVicis

As of now, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Target have yet to go live with pre-orders.
Toys R Us, Best Buy, and GameStop are allegedly totally sold out of her, at least online.

Ugh that's unfortunate, and it looks that no one has a clear idea of the time they're gonna go live with that. Any less mainstream shops possibly having preorders in the future?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It would've been nice if Shulk amiibos had been available up until the actual release of Xenoblade. Boy that would've been nice.

Koppai

The thing about the rares you speak of, I see them hover around $30 on import sites. That's not too bad of a price. Now stuff like Villager and Pit are like $60-$80 each <_<;

CorvoSol

From where and how much?
I need both too especially shulk for Xenoblade 3ds

Amazon US. Shulk was 30 bucks and WFT was 25 with free shipping for both. Threw ZoE HD in there and all told I spent maybe 70 bucks. Shit's already shipping to my house.

Meanwhile, the TRU order for Lucina and Robin remains nebulous.

The thing about the rares you speak of, I see them hover around $30 on import sites. That's not too bad of a price. Now stuff like Villager and Pit are like $60-$80 each <_<;

The increase in import pricing is scary. I got Captain Falcon on play asia for about 20 bucks in December.

Now? Over double the amount.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Ugh that's unfortunate, and it looks that no one has a clear idea of the time they're gonna go live with that. Any less mainstream shops possibly having preorders in the future?

Not likely. There's always a chance of a local shop we don't actively discuss here, but otherwise we usually explore most all pre-order opportunities.

i had a dream i walked into a store and none of the amiibos were rare and they were all just sitting there on shelves waiting to get bought. it was a nice dream :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom