• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

I just wanted to mention that if you're looking to get Lucina and you don't get her for what an amiibo SHOULD be sold for, then just get the figma of her (I know I suggested this a few pages back, but I've done it myself now). I see her amiibo re-selling for $40 now, but just $20 more you can get the amazingly detailed figma. I'll still get Robin and Lucina if I can for a reasonable price, but this wave has just drained me. It's not worth stressing over, ya know?
I'll see if I can get an amiibo whenever Amazon puts up its stock, but yeah I ordered the figma a few months back and it looks like it'll be a good one.

Resilient

The NA amiibo situation is really fucked up and I feel bad for all of you guys.

On Friday (day of the Direct), ALL of the newly announced amiibos were available for preorder at EB Games Australia within 6 hours. Granted, online orders are now unavailable but I believe you can still preorder in store. If EB Au is owned by GameStop, why don't they offer the same thing to you guys?

I know in release day, all our major retailers (Target, Kmart, Big W, JB HiFi) will have Day 1 stock also. It just seems cruel to drip feed your die-hard fans.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The NA amiibo situation is really fucked up and I feel bad for all of you guys.

On Friday (day of the Direct), ALL of the newly announced amiibos were available for preorder at EB Games Australia within 6 hours. Granted, online orders are now unavailable but I believe you can still preorder in store. If EB Au is owned by GameStop, why don't they offer the same thing to you guys?

I know in release day, all our major retailers (Target, Kmart, Big W, JB HiFi) will have Day 1 stock also. It just seems cruel to drip feed your die-hard fans.

Something something dock workers I guess...

Seriously with NA being their BIGGEST market for Amiibos (wiping out a lot of the global stocks as well) it's seriously dumb...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
For some good news with Amiibos, I forgot to mention that my Super Mario (regular) Amiibo came in today from Amazon :) Makes me happy knowing that well, it's something new that I received.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh when is amazon going to go live with pre orders I know you know. Thanks!

YSkNTAx.gif

-Horizon-

For some good news with Amiibos, I forgot to mention that my Super Mario (regular) Amiibo came in today from Amazon :) Makes me happy knowing that well, it's something new that I received.

What a coincidence, I also got a new amiibo :D

I don't have an actual photo but this is what she looks like:

72f19b492f75466791586e7f3863f4eb.jpg

Lol, damn I haven't seen your username since the old Vita days from the gfaqs Vita boards.

But yeah, we're reaching a critical point where people are simply going to be forced to quit. I mean if you can't even get it, you're gonna have to quit. It'll be hard to go on especially for those that were looking for just favs or full collections.

I got bored of them to be honest. I really dont have a problem with the vita, it's just underutilized and poorly pushed on all fronts. The eccentric fanbase is another story. After a while you stop taking them seriously and find far more amusing ways to stand them.

For some reason though, I kept thinking of this song's chorus while hearing the stories about late night stakeouts for amiibos such as Lucina and Rosalina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ald_rV6l53w

At least with regular pre-orders, there's adequate packaging that won't ruin packages when they get to stores, and they don't charge you shipping. The idea of visiting a store to order something online is... I don't get it :/

In the case of Wave 4 it's not like we had an option, of course. Why they didn't just make it an online exclusive I have no idea. Maybe to get more individual store data? I dunno...

I think their idea was sound on paper.
Have people come into the store to preorder, possibly get them to buy something else. That's why they do Event Pokemon downloads with Gamestop instead of through local Wi-Fi like everyone wants them to do lol. I think they also were probably expecting it to be much easier for stores to preorder and have someone at the store help people through the process instead of having a zillion people do it from their homes.

Unfortunately, some literal genius decided to not let people know that it was in store only first and in effect, having hundreds of thousands of gamestop stores around the country try to preorder at the same time was also some geneusss logic.

As a person who was able to get a preorder, im actually kind of glad they did it in store. Online would have probably been a shit show and it'd have sold out in seconds.

I'm not sure if its for all things or not, but I believe when you do Web In Store, you get free shipping. I know there's a SAVER1 or some other code, but some products I dont think it works for.

Anybody have experience with painting amiibo? I'm thinking about buying a Mario and Luigi one and then paint them with my lady. I'm going for my chosen smash alt color I use a d she's doing.. Who knows what.

Tips?

Wishing good luck towards all of you in your Ness and Lucina adventure. Someone needs to petition to Nintendo about the less amount of Amiibos available.

Drago

Seriously, between now and May there has to be openings for Ness and Jiggly.

Right?

Right?!

Diggehpls!
Rosalina went up for preorders multiple times so I'd say it's possible for Jigglypuff to go up again.

Though, if she goes up again it will probably be for only 5 minutes again, too. Be prepared!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I am asking to join Line though if I am welcomed thanx in advance but how does Line work or what is it??

It's an application that we use to talk about amiibo in a chat room. There's tons of stickers and joking, but we're all nice people and we keep it clean.

It's not even $20 more. Before shipping, the Lucina figma is 5,200 yen, which is like, $43. If you just want a figure of the character, there's NO reason not to just get the figma. It's a better figure, the price is right, and you don't have to kill yourself to get it.

When I say "$20 more" I'm saying on top of the "scalping" price. Mine is most likely gonna come around to $60. Should have been more clear. My bad.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm still going to be on the hunt for Lucina, but I went ahead and put an order in for the Figma before it sells out. It looks so wonderful.

Well I preordered an Import Lucina a couple days ago for the price of 3 Amiibo's but I really wanted it so whatever.

Odds are I'll get both the Amiibo and Figma at the same time.

shandy706

Yeah, I meant launch months. 3 years is a good length of time, though I get your point.

Haha, it is a bit of time.

Just thought it was funny talking like it was way back.

There are posters here I sometimes recognize from like 15+ years ago on forums...:)

N64.com days

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, it is a bit of time.

Just thought it was funny talking like it was way back.

There are posters here I sometimes recognize from like 15+ years ago on forums...:)

N64.com days

Amiibo
salt
brings us all together!

Hatchtag

Banned
Took a little break from Amiibo collecting because I had other things to pay for, but the recent Direct made me want to get back into it. Who ended up rare from the February and March waves? Are Mega Man and Sonic at all rare?

Took a little break from Amiibo collecting because I had other things to pay for, but the recent Direct made me want to get back into it. Who ended up rare from the February and March waves? Are Mega Man and Sonic at all rare?

MM and Sonic are uncommon. You should be able to find them with relative ease along with Shiek, Toon Link and Bowser.

I'd say no. Easily grabbed megaman and saw plenty sonics when shopping recently.

Drago

Everyone except Bowser, Toon Link, Shiek, Sonic and Mega Man is rare.

Rarest of wave 3 is probably Rosalina, Meta Knight or Shulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom