• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
soon enough Amazon will say "we'll do it live, fuck it"

we-ll-do-it-live-o.gif

Cappa

Banned
As an American now living in spain pre-ordering is basically impossible in both countries. In spain because they never have any thing available to pre-order and the time difference in the US makes it hard to be online meh

As an American now living in spain pre-ordering is basically impossible in both countries. In spain because they never have any thing available to pre-order and the time difference in the US makes it hard to be online meh

I feel so bad for the US guys. Serious. Why don't they just make orders more tougher, implement IP blocks once purchased (etc.)

i had a dream i walked into a store and none of the amiibos were rare and they were all just sitting there on shelves waiting to get bought. it was a nice dream :)

Did it look like this:

amiibos.png

What if your dream was the real world? What if Nintendo were keeping us asleep never to awake? What if you only took the blue pill? Morpheus help us!

Off for the next 6 hours. Logged in to Amazon with Buy Now 1-Click read to go and each Wave 4 character page open. So I am sure it wont go up :(

I will at least get some Hyrule Warriors play in.

Line App you are my savior. I look forward to your unique alert tone!

I had my first amiibo 'they're in stock!' dream last night; Toys R Us. Whenever I saw an amiibo 'dream' comment I used to be in disbelief, but having had my own, geez, they do happen and that just plain stinks.

Brian★;159025213 said:

No worries! Thanks so much for everything you're doing!

Anything new for the woolly yoshi amiibos? US here and have been away for the weekend!

I really don't think we will see them anytime soon for preorder. They went up on Amazon Germany only so far. However the release date for Europe is this June but in NA it is sometime in the Fall.

That makes the release for the Wool Yoshi Amiibo the last out of all the ones shown since Wave 5 is in July and Wave 6 in September.

I was able to preorder the Pink Wool Yoshi as that was the only one that would ship to NA when it was put up. They're all sold out from Amazon Germany now. But no other EU website has put them up for preorder yet.

Atkison04

No worries! Thanks so much for everything you're doing!

I really don't think we will see them anytime soon for preorder. They went up on Amazon Germany only so far. However the release date for Europe is this June but in NA it is sometime in the Fall.

That makes the release for the Wool Yoshi Amiibo the last out of all the ones shown since Wave 5 is in July and Wave 6 in September.

I was able to preorder the Pink Wool Yoshi as that was the only one that would ship to NA when it was put up. They're all sold out from Amazon Germany now. But no other EU website has put them up for preorder yet.

Thanks for that update man! I appreciate it. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for any pre-order news on them in this thread :)

I think what annoys me the most is that they do retail exclusives and then go on Twitter like "Xenoblade 3D, you can use the Shulk Amiibo that you totally got to unlock stuff. Yay!"

Either make them rare and don't use them much in games or use them in games and make many of them.

Hey NoA, it'll be nice if I can buy Shulk Amiibo to go with my Xenoblade 3D that I'm picking up. Since you know, you incorporated features in the game and all.

Greninja and Jigglypuff on Amazon France

Greninja
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VK5P27U/

Jigflypuff
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VK8HT28/

REQUIRES A FORWARDING SERVICE - DOES NOT SHIP AUTOMATICALLY TO NA

So I see the scalpers have gone from ruining things domestically to ruining things internationally.I'm considering switching my hobby from Amiibo hunting to scalper hunting, now I just need to find one of those Predator skull polishers. >:3

I'm totally down if someone finds a good forwarding option. I don't care what it costs as long as not a single cent ends up in the hands of one of those filthy eBayers.

One a side note, does anyone know why Toys R Us took down their page for Pacman?

Fox Mulder

Hey NoA, it'll be nice if I can buy Shulk Amiibo to go with my Xenoblade 3D that I'm picking up. Since you know, you incorporated features in the game and all.

Reggie shrug

It's like they dont even care or something. They keep mentioning some mythical marth reprint, but the other FE characters are just as scarce. Other games also have the same amiibo issue as codename steam.

Soul Beat

I don't wanna go to work! All I wanna do is F5 Lucina's Amazon page!

Diggeh pls don't let preorders go up before I get off work.

CKD5989

Do they still ship to the U.S.?
Fm so close to securing puff, and ninja, but nowhere to send them to. :(

Silly question.... Will the retail plastic turn yellow? It might make it very simple to open them up.

I got Wario, Charizard, Lucina and Robin locked in on Amazon UK back in February. Not sure if the policy has changed since.

illgrillchill

Neo Member
To all my USA Amiibros:

You guys are forgetting the fact that Amazon.com now has the imported amiibo on the US site now. IE: Japanese Shulk appearing as Amazon Prime for $32. Yea, it's not ideal, but once the shipments arrive in the world, there will be options for us.

Hatchtag

Banned
Well! That was the only shot at securing jiggly puff, and Greninja. The dream is over.

Depending on how big of a city you live in, I think you're over-estimating how hard Jiggs is gonna be to get. I got Rosaluma on launch day like 30 minutes after they opened and there were still at least half a dozen left.

To all my USA Amiibros:

You guys are forgetting the fact that Amazon.com now has the imported amiibo on the US site now. IE: Japanese Shulk appearing as Amazon Prime for $32. Yea, it's not ideal, but once the shipments arrive in the world, there will be options for us.
Pretty much yeah we will have to depend on second-hand suppliers if not paying scalper prices.
At least their mark-up is not that bad.

Sushigod7

I'd much rather pay around $30 for a import than pay some US based scalper who stole them from us. I imported Rosalina I'll do the same for Ness etc.

RootCause

I got Wario, Charizard, Lucina and Robin locked in on Amazon UK back in February. Not sure if the policy has changed since.

.de isn't shipping either. I'll check out uk right now.

To all my USA Amiibros:

Or it could be like the little Mac, falcon, and pit situation. Going for $60+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom