• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Under normal circumstances I should have Toad, Dedede and Shulk by this Friday. So the only amiibo missing from the waves so far are Ike and Gold Mario.

Here's hoping the preorders for Amazon don't go up while I'm at work. I really want the Splatoon three pack and Ness. I'd like to get the Wooly Yoshi, Ganondorf and Lucas amiibo as well, after that I'm done with the Smash series, I decided early on that I'd only get the amiibo of characters that I like but unfortunately some of those have been extremely difficult to find.

I have managed to get all the ones I like though (so far, thankfully) I just hope I'm able to have that kind of luck again...I don't mind importing but I refuse to feed a scalper. :|

RootCause

Depending on how big of a city you live in, I think you're over-estimating how hard Jiggs is gonna be to get. I got Rosaluma on launch day like 30 minutes after they opened and there were still at least half a dozen left.
Here's the thing. There's no Target where I live. I'd camp if there was one. Sigh!
I might be able to get a Greninja at TRU. The scalpers are just putting more effort than I could ever imagine.

I'd much rather pay around $30 for a import than pay some US based scalper who stole them from us. I imported Rosalina I'll do the same for Ness etc.
Same here. Got my Rosie from France.

Well, I just ordered Smash Bros and the Bowser Amiibo. My first ever!

It was like nine bucks on Amazon and I figure he's a good candidate to battle against as I never play as Bowser and I like his green skin variant.

The collector in me is secretly relieved that so many Amiibo are far out of my reach at this point. I'll get the green Yarn Yoshi and call it a day until something new I like is announced, like Mario Karts or Zelda Wii U stuff.

archieg2034

Neo Member
I ordered a japanese Little Mac and a Villager from yes asia about 3 weeks ago both for about $35, and I just checked the online order and it still says that the order is still being processed, Has anyone here ever had any issue with this site regarding orders?

Cappa

Banned
.de isn't shipping either. I'll check out uk right now.

Or it could be like the little Mac, falcon, and pit situation. Going for $60+

AFAIK all the eu Amazon amiibos use the same supplier so if one doesn't ship to the US the others may be the same

Tadale

I've been too busy most of last week and this weekend to really monitor preorder availability, but I did manage to order a Ness during the Gamestop kerfuffle. It's the only Wave 4 figure that I really wanted - I may still try and get a Lucina if possible.

Fox Mulder

I'd much rather pay around $30 for a import than pay some US based scalper who stole them from us. I imported Rosalina I'll do the same for Ness etc.

It's the same thing though. A third party amazon seller offering import items is still making a profit.

Here's hoping the preorders for Amazon don't go up while I'm at work. I really want the Splatoon three pack and Ness. I'd like to get the Wooly Yoshi, Ganondorf and Lucas amiibo as well, after that I'm done with the Smash series, I decided early on that I'd only get the amiibo of characters that I like but unfortunately some of those have been extremely difficult to find.

I have managed to get all the ones I like though (so far, thankfully) I just hope I'm able to have that kind of luck again...I don't mind importing but I refuse to feed a scalper. :|
Are you in US? Ness won't be on Amazon as he is Gamestop exclusive. Wooly Yoshi's aren't going up yet I don't belive. Ganon and Lucas are not Wave 4 either. So splatoon is all that is possible that you want. Which helps you focus ha

-Horizon-

Well, I just ordered Smash Bros and the Bowser Amiibo. My first ever!

It was like nine bucks on Amazon and I figure he's a good candidate to battle against as I never play as Bowser and I like his green skin variant.

The collector in me is secretly relieved that so many Amiibo are far out of my reach at this point. I'll get the green Yarn Yoshi and call it a day until something new I like is announced, like Mario Karts or Zelda Wii U stuff.

Bowser is a great amiibo, really nicely detailed and it just feels like its worth the price when you hold it.

RootCause

They're probably talking about buying first party for $12-$15 and then paying $10-$15 for the import shipping.
Pretty much. But I won't lie. If it comes to paying $30 for Greninja, and jiggly I'm buying. Here's hoping it's more like the lucario, and shulk situation in terms of scalper prices. Can't pay more than $40 for an Amiibo, just can't.

catmario

rfykvU7l.jpg

It was one of my hardest pre-order dogfight I have ever met.
I've clicked refresh button tons of times, and I got this. Cool.

Fxp

Since I have not been following amiibo scene at all: what are the top 5 most expensive/hard to find amiibo figurines until now (not counting yet unreleased ones)?

Ugh, am I reading this right? These are already sold out on Amazon France? Here I was thinking the non-NA Amazons would be a sure-thing like previous waves.
If France sold out within an hour, then it just proves the supply is pretty crap this time around.
So with US supply being crap when it was good elsewhere, Wave 4 NA supply will be super crap.

Since I have not been following amiibo scene at all: what are the top 5 most expensive/hard to find amiibo figurines until now (not counting yet unreleased ones)?
1. Villager
2. Little Mac
3. WFT
4. Metaknight
5. Pit

The order may not be accurate, but those 5 are really hard to find. You could make a top 10 list though.

rjinaz

I ordered a japanese Little Mac and a Villager from yes asia about 3 weeks ago both for about $35, and I just checked the online order and it still says that the order is still being processed, Has anyone here ever had any issue with this site regarding orders?

Everybody's says that. There is nothing else it could say. Once it gets closer and it's time to ship, it will change. It's still a month off or so. I'm hoping they come through though I have a hard time believing they will be able to meet all of the orders for as long as they were up. I got some Little Macs coming in.

Rilakkuma

Neo Member

Heh, why limit it to just 5? There's probably 10-15 that are hard to get unless you pay a ton. The red X'd ones on the original post of this thread are a good start.

rjinaz

NA Villager
NA Marth
NA wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac really any version
Pit, really any version but NA more so.

Followed by:

Villager, other regions
Marth, other regions
Metaknight
Shulk
Rosalina
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Wii Fit Trainer, other regions

RootCause

6-Falcon

5-Pit
4-Wii Fit Trainer
3-Meta Knight
2- Villager
1-Little Mac

CONFIRMED BEST BUY IN STORE PREORDER KIOSK TICKETS DUE NOT WORK. I just went in and printed them out. Hopes were high but not really ha. Went to CS and it was a no go. I am friendly with the ones working and they tried everything but it's a no go. I was hoping it was the local in store stock but it isnt. Sorry guys I tried but MYTH BUSTED

Fxp

NA Villager
NA Marth
NA wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac really any version
Pit, really any version but NA more so.

Followed by:

Villager, other regions
Marth, other regions
Metaknight
Shulk
Rosalina
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Wii Fit Trainer, other regions

Wow, two things:
1) I didn't know they're so hard to find;
2) There are different amiibos for each region.

I was lucky enough to secure a Greninja on Friday morning, but because I have a terrible history with TRU shipping (my Lucario came in pretty rough shape), I actually contacted their customer service to see about placing a note on my order to package it more carefully. Well they apologized for those past shipments, but basically said there was no way to make sure my specific order was shipped properly. On the bright side, they said this was a common complaint and that they are doing what they can to rectify it on a larger level.

Not sure if this was a good response or not. Really, it should be common sense to package things in a way that doesn't damage the item. I shouldn't even have to ask.

RootCause

I was lucky enough to secure a Greninja on Friday morning, but because I have a terrible history with TRU shipping (my Lucario came in pretty rough shape), I actually contacted their customer service to see about placing a note on my order to package it more carefully. Well they apologized for those past shipments, but basically said there was no way to make sure my specific order was shipped properly. On the bright side, they said this was a common complaint and that they are doing what they can to rectify it on a larger level.

Not sure if this was a good response or not. Really, it should be common sense to package things in a way that doesn't damage the item. I shouldn't even have to ask.
Hey! Maybe they learned. My Ike, and Lucario came in perfect condition.

Thanks, because almost all of them can be bought pretty freely here (Eastern Europe). Just ordered top 5 mentioned above for EUR 14-15 each.
Yeah, EU supplies are better than NA.
I recall Wave 4 in EU has not hit retail yet? Will be interesting to see.

lol TRU pulled the Greninja page from online. RIP my chances.
Yeah, seems like the best chance is April 27th in-store. Thank jebus my state has a dumb holiday which lets me go to TRU.

After like six months of this there are now autobuy scripts being run by scalpers that check every possible site's pages for all possibly rare amiibo every like ten seconds
That makes sense sadly.
Guess I lucked out with Best Buy then.

They need to input a captcha which makes keeps bots from ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom