• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKD5989

Nope, I haven't. I'm just paranoid about it, is all. Can't stop being paranoid about an amiibo until I have it in my hands... :p

I hear you! I remember waiting about a month from the ship date for Rosalina and Lucario to arrive from Amazon France with zero tracking. Not exactly reassuring.

Edit: That said, I think we'll be fine.

To the people getting all of Wave 4, who have you missed out on? I missed on Greninja and Jigglypuff and I'm hoping to rectify that...

I'm in the same boat you are. I managed to get Ness, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, and the Splatoon 3-pack from Gamestop, so I was luckier than most... but I'm really having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to get Jigglypuff and Greninja.

LowSignal

I still need igglypuff, and Geninja, Robin, Lucina and charzard(I think he wont be hard to get). I also was on the target website when jiggly puff went up and was unable to checkout. SMH what another mess

rjinaz

Does anyone have this Amazon link for Wario as well? I've bookmarked Lucina and Robin.

And how are you guys even finding these? They never come up in search results for me. Same for Best Buy. Can't find any of the new ones.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86C4LS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and before somebody asks: Charizard

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86BJX2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You have to enter them manually. Change the ASIN number at the end. This number is found on the page. Then change the name in the url for good measure.

kirby_fox

Banned
Well, off to work. If there's any indication of when these will go live it's sometime between noon and 8:59 PM EST since that's when I'll be too busy to check if they're live.

Lunarian

Neo Member
I just want to be able to preorder a foreign Jigglypuff/Greninja............... Ugh. It makes no sense for these big companies like amazon to not have their own forwarding services.

Stoof

So when is Nintendo going to sell them from their own website and require a blood sample to be sent in so it's one per person?

SpotAnime

Gawd I keep missing these going up for pre-order. I really want a Charizard and Pac-Man.

Hopefully I can just import Greninja and Ness. That's how I got Lucario, a Japan import, and only for $28 bucks. I prefer the Japanese packaging anyway.

So when is Nintendo going to sell them from their own website and require a blood sample to be sent in so it's one per person?
No, you have to sell your soul to Nintendo and then when you die you become ghosts/zombies in their next Streetplaza game.

Ok here's my deal. I have all of the original Wave 4 pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk, and I got all but exclusives pre-ordered at Best Buy. I wasn't able to grab Ness at all, and I definitely missed out on Greninja. I need two of each, and my fiancé told me the other day she wants Lucina, so I need one more of her.

This is gonna be a fun Wave...

LiK

Nintendo needs to get off their ass and reissue all waves soon. Just Marth isn't enough and who knows how much Marths they actually made. I haven't seen such shortages for mass produced figures ever. the fact that more and more games are going to support them makes the scarcity such a drag.

I got a Greninja preorder thanks to being unable to sleep and a friend happened to be awake scoping out the sites and got lucky :p. I really hope Ness goes up on the Gamestop website.

I remember saying otherwise, but I'd much rather buy DLC associated with the amiibos that support them. Ridiculous that I have to wish on a star for a chance at getting some of these toys. They have a neat feature, but come on.

Thats a feeling I'm trying very hard to avoid with FE amiibos for my son. Its really the only ones he really wanted besides Shulk. Not sure what I will do in the end if I miss out on those 3. I say I won't buy outside of store, but not there yet. Talk is cheap lol.

I feel your pain. We talked and I said I would do thos with DDD, but we're not going to go crazy and get a bunch of rares unless they are retail priced. Famous last words.

I did manage to snag him a Ness and Jiggly, but future waves have some really cool ones that we both want.

NateDrake

Amazon, if you're listening, please wait until after 2pm EST today to bring pre-orders online. I just want Lucina and Robin. I'm not asking for much. Please, do me this favor & all future online orders will be made through your amazing service.

Gabe3208

Banned
I remember saying otherwise, but I'd much rather buy DLC associated with the amiibos that support them. Ridiculous that I have to wish on a star for a chance at getting some of these toys. They have a neat feature, but come on.

Yea, I kinda reached a "system overload" point now, lol. After that Direct I decided to get what's available in stores rather than going waaaaaay out of my way to get my hands on more amiibo. So I basically ended up with these...

dB4ykr2.jpg

Kind of a relief to be able to relax now, lol lol

Yea, I kinda reached a "system overload" point now, lol. After that Direct I decided to get what's available in stores rather than going waaaaaay out of my way to get my hands on more amiibo. So I basically ended up with these...

http://i.imgur.com/dB4ykr2.jpg[img]

Kind of a relief to be able to relax now, lol lol[/QUOTE]
God damn! Nice job!

[quote="The Lamonster, post: 159042133"]Are most of you guys collecting these for display purposes, or is any of it for the in-game stuff you get?[/QUOTE]
Both the in-game stuff and display purposes. It's nice to own figures of Nintendo characters that never got a figure or ones that have much more expensive figures...

Briarios

Are most of you guys collecting these for display purposes, or is any of it for the in-game stuff you get?

Both -- I'm getting my favorite characters, but primarily to use them. I have Codename STEAM, so I want the FE characters for that -- and I pretty much all the Wii U games and the New 3DS, so they'll get used.

I have a couple I'm saving to trade just in case, though ... I have a Rosalina & Fox that, I'd like to keep, but I'll trade if I can't get Lucina or one of the others from Wave 4.

Are most of you guys collecting these for display purposes, or is any of it for the in-game stuff you get?

Display, but I do open them so have scanned a few into Smash Bros. and also unlocked all of the Mario Kart costumes. I also used Marth and Ike for CodeName S.T.E.A.M... but they don't seem to be as useful as the main characters so I never use them! I need to do the Captain Toad thing too.

I just need that Jigglypuff, she is the only one I don't have a preorder for, but a trade setup.

Otherwise I got all of Wave 4 secured, Ness, Greninja, Splatoon 3 Pack, Boy and Girl Inklings and Pink Wool Yoshi.

With plenty of back ups for each that will go to Gafers once things settle at the end of May.

Caved and picked up a Fox amiibo on amazon for $27. Last one from series one that i wanted (besides Villager...), and i figured he wasn't going to get any cheaper at this point. Also picked up a Shulk for $27 a couple weeks ago, which means i'm hopefully done with the secondary market for now.

With the preorders i snagged earlier in the week, I'm all caught up through Wave 4 / Splatoon. Just need to get a Wooly Yoshi preordered and i'm all set until Wave 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom