• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Thanks, because almost all of them can be bought pretty freely here (Eastern Europe). Just ordered top 5 mentioned above for EUR 14-15 each.

This makes me sad. Good for you though! I updated my post with the money you can expect to pay here in NA for comparison. I'm going by NA versions specifically and last time I checked.

NA Villager $125
NA Marth $100
NA wii Fit Trainer $75
Little Mac really any version $65
Pit, really any version but NA more so. $60

Followed by:

Villager, other regions $65
Marth, other regions $55
Metaknight $50
Shulk $45
Rosalina $40
Lucario $40
Captain Falcon $40
Wii Fit Trainer, other regions $40

LiK

I've given up on this F5ing BS. hoping to get for a fair price from secondary market instead. the amount of time trying to buy one legit is a pain.

Welp, time to pack it up folks. The machines have won.

Terminator.gif

Holy shit, really? That's insane.

Its a thing for sure, but 99 percent of scalpers arent using it. Not exactly the easiest script to set up and maintain, and a lot of scalpers dont seem to computer savvy.

Im still thinking that Nintendo is sending retailers 3 digit rare amiibos and just bombaring them with mario and zelda.

Fushin

Tried the print out preorder ticket for the Amiibo this morning for shits and giggles, obviously it doesn't work. Hopefully I'll save someone a trip now.

I've given up on this F5ing BS. hoping to get for a fair price from secondary market instead. the amount of time trying to buy one legit is a pain.

Yup. That's where my head is at too. Time is money. Put a dollar in a jar every time you lose sleep or waste a day F5ing for these things and go about your regular life. Then empty the jar on ebay.

Gartooth

After like six months of this there are now autobuy scripts being run by scalpers that check every possible site's pages for all possibly rare amiibo every like ten seconds

I doubt many have the know how to do that. Still not a bad idea to try something like that...

At this point, my last hope is Amazon. If I can't secure Robin, Lucina or Charizard there, I am going to have to result to ebay when wave 4 comes out or strike lucky in stores.

I can't be wasting time F5ing all these websites if its true that some scalpers have scripts to buy these things instantly.

I feel so dirty. I just bought my son a Dedede amiibo from eBay. $29 and I feel so guilty. He recently started getting into amiibos and DDD is one of his favorites. I missed out on all the preorders so there wasn't even a chance to get him locally.

It's only money and DDD is really cool, but man do I feel guilty!

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, EU supplies are better than NA.
I recall Wave 4 in EU has not hit retail yet? Will be interesting to see.

Yeah, seems like the best chance is April 27th in-store. Thank jebus my state has a dumb holiday which lets me go to TRU.
EU supplies better than Na?not entirely true... It was near impossible to find any amiibo period here in spain and yes that includes Commons like Mario peach etc.

In over 20 GAME stores in four different cities here I've been to maybe two that had any sort of amiibos and it was usually just peach and qty was like two of them lol the only store that I've had any luck b&m is carrefour even Amazon.es blows

Draxal

I feel so dirty. I just bought my son a Dedede amiibo from eBay. $29 and I feel so guilty. He recently started getting into amiibos and DDD is one of his favorites. I missed out on all the preorders so there wasn't even a chance to get him locally.

It's not on you for enabling scalpers at this point, it's 100% Nintendo by now.

LiK

we've all been there. not your fault you can't get him legit

rjinaz

Hopefully not shipped from Japan. Amazon has it for $28 with prime. So get it in 2 days. Japanese version.

melman101

I guess my best bet for getting Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucina and Robin is now Nintendo World Store if they get more than the pre-order allotment. Just may have to wait a little bit.

I did manage to score Charizard / Pac-man / Wario from Bestbuy.com

It looks as if TRU has just removed all traces of Wave 4 from their site. I can only hope that when they return, the preorders will be live, again.

They probably just did that to clear people's carts. I've had the entire wave sitting in my cart since last week before they started by removing the Pacman page >.>

Drago

To the people getting all of Wave 4, who have you missed out on? I missed on Greninja and Jigglypuff and I'm hoping to rectify that...
As long as Amazon UK ships my order out, I have everyone secured.

I'm just kinda worried because other EU Amazons have stopped shipping amiibos to the US, to an extent anyways. I'm worrying about my order getting cancelled... I think I'll be fine though.

EU supplies better than Na?not entirely true... It was near impossible to find any amiibo period here in spain and yes that includes Commons like Mario peach etc.
Oh yeah, I did not mean all of EU. Certain parts of EU have it really bad.
I was mostly saying overall since UK and Germany have plenty of stock.
Just look at the difference between Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk for example.

Are you in US? Ness won't be on Amazon as he is Gamestop exclusive. Wooly Yoshi's aren't going up yet I don't belive. Ganon and Lucas are not Wave 4 either. So splatoon is all that is possible that you want. Which helps you focus ha

Yes, I'm in US. I know Ness is GS exclusive and supposedly they ran out of stock and may or may not be replenished, which I expected TBH. I'm most likely going to import him if need be and if I can even locate him. Ganon is being released in September and Lucas is confirmed but no set date. I was just saying those are the ones I'd like :p

Still kinda mad Wooly World isn't coming out until Fall so that means I have to wait longer to get the super cute Wooly Yoshi amiibo.

spookyfish

I know it's been posted before, but I can't find it.

Can anyone explain how to get the direct links to amiibos on Amazon? I don't want the "Lucina for $68!" link; I want the "Waiting for Amazon to post it up" link.

Thanks in advance.

To the people getting all of Wave 4, who have you missed out on? I missed on Greninja and Jigglypuff and I'm hoping to rectify that...
Same as you. Need Greninja and Jigglypuff. I was mostly mad at Jigglypuff because I was trying to order when he was up, but Target's site is crap.

Thats a feeling I'm trying very hard to avoid with FE amiibos for my son. Its really the only ones he really wanted besides Shulk. Not sure what I will do in the end if I miss out on those 3. I say I won't buy outside of store, but not there yet. Talk is cheap lol.

rjinaz

I know it's been posted before, but I can't find it.

Can anyone explain how to get the direct links to amiibos on Amazon? I don't want the "Lucina for $68!" link; I want the "Waiting for Amazon to post it up" link.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah it's weird. You can't find them in search, you have to enter them manually. The above poster linked them for you.

CKD5989

As long as Amazon UK ships my order out, I have everyone secured.

I'm just kinda worried because other EU Amazons have stopped shipping amiibos to the US, to an extent anyways. I'm worrying about my order getting cancelled... I think I'll be fine though.

Have you heard of any orders getting canceled? I was thinking that they'd at least honor preorders made before the policy change.

Drago

Have you heard of any orders getting canceled? I was thinking that they'd at least honor preorders made before the policy change.
Nope, I haven't. I'm just paranoid about it, is all. Can't stop being paranoid about an amiibo until I have it in my hands... :p

Ludist210

Ness, Jigglypuff, and Geninja. I might have a Ness from a buddy (his import since he secured a US version and a UK version) and the Pokémon aren't a priority for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom