• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are most of you guys collecting these for display purposes, or is any of it for the in-game stuff you get?

both. i open them babies up as soon as I get home. sure they're worth more sealed(I got a US rosa, shulk, ddd, and cap'n) but its not fun having them sealed, even if hypothetically you could still use them while still in the package.

davedc226

Completely new to amiibos, but for some reason got into my head that if there IS a Daisy I have to have it. Searched online and didn't see much. Will one eventually be released?

Since Daisy is in Mario Party 10, doesn't this mean that her corresponding amiibo is inbound? I want to preorder...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Are most of you guys collecting these for display purposes, or is any of it for the in-game stuff you get?

Both. Actually in-game stuff is just bonus to me because I just want to get full collection of Smash characters.

I promised myself I'd stop at Robin, & I bought the entire Splatoon pack.

There, There. Splatoon is awesome tho. I still hope that the game is going to be so good.

I collect Skylanders too, and it's mainly for how cool they look. In game stuff is just a bonus, whereas I'll often get a Skylander because I need it. I'll be honest and say that originally I was going to take collecting slow, and wait for sales just like Skylanders, but the amount of times that I've spontaneously thrown $13 out of my pocket for these things is frightening
To the people getting all of Wave 4, who have you missed out on? I missed on Greninja and Jigglypuff and I'm hoping to rectify that...

Greninja and Jiggles are the big ones. I preordered Ness, Robin, Lucina and Splatoon 3 pack at Gamestop, and I'm going to guess and say Wario and Charizard will be plentiful eventually. Pac Man should be just like Sonic and Mega where they were uncommon at first but are now pretty easy to find. Those damn store exclusives got me panicking a bit, but I'm confident that Jiggles will be up and TRU will have some Greninja preorders according to that rumor.

I already plan to get the Splatoon pack for the functionality. (And it's awesome)

What do the Splatoon amiibos even do? I got the 3-pack because, well, they're amiibos... but I don't know what added functionality they provide. I'm not even super interested in the game to be honest.

Ultimadrago

To the people getting all of Wave 4, who have you missed out on? I missed on Greninja and Jigglypuff and I'm hoping to rectify that...

JIGGLY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Also Ness.

I haven't gotten Pac-Man yet, but I don't expect him to be too rare and am waiting for Amazon's listing for him.

Don't want/need the rest. I pre-ordered Greninja mainly for trading fodder for Ness/Jiggly.

-Horizon-

I think I'll put in priority into getting the Splatoon amiibo whenever they go up. They might give me a better chance into getting them as opposed to the FE ones selling out immediately.

What do the Splatoon amiibos even do? I got the 3-pack because, well, they're amiibos... but I don't know what added functionality they provide. I'm not even super interested in the game to be honest.

They unlock clothing and stuff in the Splatoon game.

Dunno exactly, but you get a suit that kinda looks like the Predator and that's awesome.

DNAbro

I think they said special missions that unlock exclusive items and clothing. I'm super excited for Splatoon, so I definitely want those amiibo.

Ulysses 31

They enable challenges in (certain?) levels which will reward special (cosmetic?) gear when completed.

Nothing anywhere. Best Buy has Robin up for a couple minutes, but that's it.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad. If they had all gone up I could have at least returned to my games and stop refreshing pages over and over on the internets. :c

I feel like I should've preordered from Best Buy when I had the chance but whatever.

Don't worry. I'm sure the squid people will not be rare.

Seth

anyone using the nowinstock.com browser alerts? The beeping alert seems to just go off randomly every few minutes and i see no changes of stock...

Neoxon

anyone using the nowinstock.com browser alerts? The beeping alert seems to just go off randomly every few minutes and i see no changes of stock...
Not that reliable, it told me Robin was in stock at Amazon but it wasn't up yet.

-Horizon-

I don't know if I should be happy or sad. If they had all gone up I could have at least returned to my games and stop refreshing pages over and over on the internets. :c

Don't worry. I'm sure the squid people will not be rare.
That's actually what I'm thinking. Like with how heavily marketed Splatoon seems to be, I don't think they'll let the Splatoon amiibos be hard to find. At least for the first few months.

nowinstock is a waste of time with how quickly preorders come up and go out of stock

Seth

any other tracking/alerting alternatives then? or is everyone just refreshing the pages they are interested in manually?

That's actually what I'm thinking. Like with how heavily marketed Splatoon seems to be, I don't think they'll let the Splatoon amiibos be hard to find. At least for the first few months.

Pretty much. It is a brand new IP that they are trying to create new core characters from, and only a line of 3 figures have been shown for it. It isn't the 300 characters from Smash that consist mostly of things that Nintendo doesn't care at all about promoting. I just can't see them not being common on the shelves soon after they release.

-Horizon-

any other tracking/alerting alternatives then? or is everyone just refreshing the pages they are interested in manually?
Refreshing constantly (through an extension or add on) is your best bet. Of course not everyone has the time or patience to do this when it is not guaranteed the time you invest will get something announced on that same day.
Even using the LINE app, there is some delay as the person probably making the notification will have had to place their order first before posting. And then, there was the delay before they found out a preorder was up in the first place.

Pretty much. It is a brand new IP that they are trying to create new core characters from, and only a line of 3 figures have been shown for it. It isn't the 300 characters from Smash that consist mostly of things that Nintendo doesn't care at all about promoting. I just can't see them not being common on the shelves soon after they release.

As long as Nintendo doesn't somehow pull a Nintendo and mess it up somehow ;)

ash321

nowinstock is a waste of time with how quickly preorders come up and go out of stock

Nowinstock with the refresh plug in is the way to go. That's how i got the lucina and the inklings.

Fox Mulder

Since Daisy is in Mario Party 10, doesn't this mean that her corresponding amiibo is inbound? I want to preorder...

I dont think they've said the entire Mario Party roster will get amiibos.

The Super Mario line isnt branded as Mario Party, so it'll presumably include more characters from the overall franchise. Characters like Waluigi, Toadette, Spike, and Daisy dont seem like ones they'd rush out.

Come on K! The game looks super fun if you watch the latest Direct. The amiibos unlock special missions. Let's go to TRU on the 27th hahaha. Which opens first, them or Target :X

I really thought Amazon.com woud go live today. Especially with the .de, .fr, and .uk sites having wave 4s pop up. But now I am not sure if it is going to happen for us Americans.

In case anyone missed my earlier post. I did go to Best Buy and printed out Lucina, Robin, and Splatoon 3-pack preorder receipts from the kiosk. However they do not work, they try to pull from the same stock that sold out Thursday. I wasn't too confident but I had to try.

Draxal

I really thought Amazon.com woud go live today. Especially with the .de, .fr, and .uk sites having wave 4s pop up. But now I am not sure if it is going to happen for us Americans.

In case anyone missed my earlier post. I did go to Best Buy and printed out Lucina, Robin, and Splatoon 3-pack preorder receipts from the kiosk. However they do not work, they try to pull from the same stock that sold out Thursday. I wasn't too confident but I had to try.

I'm expecting 3est myself, as it gives the west coasters a chance.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I haven't missed anyone. I got very close calls with Greninja, Ness and Jigglypuff.

For Jigglypuff: Luckily, I just arrived at the store when Jigglypuff preorder went alive. If I got stuck in traffic then I would have missed the preorder.

For Ness: I wasn't able to be at GameStop early as I wanted because I had other things to do. I was worried that there might be a long line when I get there. When I arrived at 2:45, I was surprised to see that there is no one in the line. I really got lucked out with my preorder.

For Greninja: I was getting ready to go to bed, then I decided to refresh that reddit article where the guy said that pre-order is going to come up at 5am or early; and no one believe him. Once I refreshed, Greninja's URL popped up in OP. I rushed to website and preordered one.

I don't think I will have luck on my side for Wave 5 and Wave 6 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom