• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauni

Which is why I am pretty ticked off at Yoshi's Wooly World getting pushed to Fall.
So nothing to play on Wii U during May (not interested in Splatoon), June, July, or August. Sigh...

Well, nothing that we know of yet. We've still got Fatal Frame, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Devil's Third and Starfox that are said to be coming this year but have no month or date associated with them. I mean logic would dedicate FF would be October and Starfox will be later in the year since nothing is know about it, but you really never know with Nintendo.

Unless none of these games interest you, either. In which case, yeah, I guess there really is nothing.

Jobbs

Banned
Anyone sign up and trust Amazon's Alert Me function for these amiibo? By the time you would get the e-mail, they would probably be long gone.

It doesn't really work, in my experience. You get an alert really late or not at all. It's of no use for something hot and fast moving like amiibos.

Unless none of these games interest you, either. In which case, yeah, I guess there really is nothing.
Star Fox I am interested in.
So far games announce I am mostly interested in Star Fox, Yoshi, and Xenoblade X.
Also got Disgaea 5 in mind, so October will be busy.
Just wish Nintendo did not pad out the summer schedule with DLC.

HiroTSK5

Decided the 3DS new release BoxBoy has enough to engage me and little enough I can set it down and not worry about missing amiibo.
The downside, all I can think about is how much I want a Qbby amiibo. :D
He'd likely be made the same way Game & Watch will be, 2D model made 3D object.
boxboy2.0.jpg

I have totally been doing the same thing, was hoping that it would last me until thursday night when Xenoblade comes out, but I'm probably going to beat it in another hour.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Star Fox I am interested in.
So far games announce I am mostly interested in Star Fox, Yoshi, and Xenoblade X.
Also got Disgaea 5 in mind, so October will be busy.
Just wish Nintendo did not pad out the summer schedule with DLC.

Well fuck, you just made me think about something...
Falco is announced, but not dated. ROB too.
Star Fox is allegedly still coming this summer/fall.
I'd bet we see them dropped into that upcoming wave the way Jiggly/Geninja were here.
Also, that gives me reason to think Fox could become WAY harder to find.

Took a two hour nap.

Living on the edge here.
HARDCORE

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone sign up and trust Amazon's Alert Me function for these amiibo? By the time you would get the e-mail, they would probably be long gone.

The only in stock alerts I've ever gotten were for third party $40 prices after Amazon long sold out of that amiibo.

Amazon pls

CorvoSol

I wanna buy, a Jigglypuff, like no one in America~
To set it on my shelf
And let it collect duuust

Amiibomon!

Oh I only want one
too bad it's Lucinaaaaaa
You scalp me and I'll scalp you

Amiibomoooooon

gotta scalp 'em all

Last time they went up was supposedly 5:30 est. (for the SMB wave).

I could deal with this. I'd just set my alarm to wake me up extra early and make a nice breakfast or something I usually don't have time to do before work but I can't deal with the 3am store updates. I'm required to be somewhat lucid for work everyday -_-

These times have worked out pretty well for the west coast people though, neither too late nor too early for most of them.

Edit: Oh wait, we're talking about PM? I didn't expect that.

Jigorath

Banned
Buying these things seem to be a full time job eh? I've never seen a company work as hard as Nintendo to sabotage their own success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom