• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member

So between this and the allegedly BS amazon thing I posted earlier, I have a new working theory.
Amazon are smart. They're talking with Nintendo to secure as much product as possible before listing them for sale, and see no issue doing so with them shipping at the end of May.
It's TOTALLY speculation, but I think given the climate of Wave 4, it's hardly surprising the competent retailer of the bunch would do their best to avoid the same issues experienced elsewhere.

Namek

Neo Member
Probably because Captain Toad's Treasure tracker makes him more viable than the other Super Mario Bros. Amiibos.

That's the only reason I picked up one.

I really enjoy Treasure Tracker and wanted to add any amount of content I could.

I could care less about Toad otherwise.

New Zealanders: EB Games has all the new amiibo live. Australia sold out of these even faster than previous waves so get in quick. Mighty Ape seems to sell out faster as they don't require a deposit so don't rely on them.

Damn if only I had connections to New Zealand, those prices are insane though, 24.99 per amiibo :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn if only I had connections to New Zealand, those prices are insane though, 24.99 per amiibo :(

That's New Zealand dollars so it's more like $19USD.

Of course the Australian and New Zealand dollar are almost at parity and yet Australians are still paying $18 per amiibo.

I doubt these even get delivered to the US, if they did I would probably order the Dr. Mario and that adorable Bowser Jr

EB won't ship out of New Zealand, Mighty Ape might when they get the latest amiibo in stock. With the exchange rates what they are it's probably best to look at Mighty Ape Australia.

That's New Zealand dollars so it's more like $19USD.

Of course the Australian and New Zealand dollar are almost at parity and yet Australians are still paying $18 per amiibo.

EB won't ship to New Zealand, Mighty Ape might when they get the latest amiibo in stock. With the exchange rates what they are it's probably best to look at Mighty Ape Australia.

I want Bowser Jr. so bad. :(

Bowser Jr and that Pikmin one are freakin adorable!!!!! Dr. Mario ain't bad either.
Already tried they don't deliver to the US this sucks :(

I'm just going to conclude that no one knows when its coming up.
Pretty much.

y03hsHl.jpg

Shauni

This is not exactly true.

I haven't been able to find him anywhere.

Interesting. I don't know if I'd call him "common as fuck", but I saw a Toad at Wal-Mart earlier, and last time I was in Gamestop I saw two or three. Not as common as the other Super Mario line amiibos, but he seems fairly uncommon in my experience.

Interesting. I don't know if I'd call him "common as fuck", but I saw a Toad at Wal-Mart earlier, and last time I was in Gamestop I saw two or three. Not as common as the other Super Mario line amiibos, but he seems fairly uncommon in my experience.

Yeah, some people have been saying what you are and then some guy had my experience.

So it varies.

He doesn't seem rare but he doesn't seem like Peach.

If we've missed Gold Mario, Ness, Greninja, and Jigglypuff is eBay the only recourse? I'm so beaten down by this whole thing at this point; was able to get every other Amiibo without too much trouble (save for Rosalina's trip across the ocean). It's so disheartening.

VICI0US

If we've missed Gold Mario, Ness, Greninja, and Jigglypuff is eBay the only recourse? I'm so beaten down by this whole thing at this point; was able to get every other Amiibo without too much trouble (save for Rosalina's trip across the ocean). It's so disheartening.

TRU is doing in store pre-orders for greninja on april 27th and they'll likely have some stock in stores on may 29th.

jigglypuff will have stock in store on may 29th.

ness will probably be pretty difficult to acquire if you missed him. only hope would be showing up in store first thing in the morning they release and hoping they had some extras.

NotLiquid

Any fellow Swedes here stalking Webhallen like a hawk for them to update Amiibo listings?

It feels like they run out of their pre-orders so fast so I'm paranoid about missing out on the Splatoon Amiibo. I assume the reason they haven't put up anything yet is because of the post-Direct days being "easter holidays". I even sent a mail to customer service asking when to expect all of it to go online.

I would have pre-ordered them on Amazon but I need both the game and the Amiibo on launch day.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Joke, right? Assuming, but it's hard to tell in here sometimes.

Well, knowing this country, you can see a lawsuit made for pretty much everything. It's totally possible that someone can point Nintendo to blame and try and get money from causing pain and suffering.

melman101

Shulk reprint is happening because of Xenoblade 3DS May 1st.
Ness....well....

I have the holy trinity in doubles, still sealed. Same with a few other rares including Little Mac, Rosalina, Shulk. So if I need to make some trades, I will.

I missed out on Jigglypuff, Ness, Greninja, Robin and Lucina.

Peagles

New Zealanders: EB Games has all the new amiibo live. Australia sold out of these even faster than previous waves so get in quick. Mighty Ape seems to sell out faster as they don't require a deposit so don't rely on them.

No ZSS, or she's already gone?

Preordered in store already on Saturday. Just a heads up for anyone else, they had ZSS listed in store as well as the three yarn Yoshi Amiibo colours.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Any fellow Swedes here stalking Webhallen like a hawk for them to update Amiibo listings?

I do for the yarn yoshis but since they haven't added them yet I preordered the game ltd editiion with the green one from spel & sånt and the blue and pink amiibos from cdon.

I will probably preorder the yoshis from webhallen too since I don't want to miss them and I don't trust cdon.

I have the holy trinity in doubles, still sealed. Same with a few other rares including Little Mac, Rosalina, Shulk. Do if I need to make some trades, I will.

If I get anymore that you need I'd gladly trade you for dupes (assuming you still don't have it by the time it releases)

Namek

Neo Member
I ended up biting the bullet and getting Ness off of eBay for $36 shipped. Way more than I wanted to spend, but eh.

Trading a Greninja for another Ness, as I wanted to keep one sealed and one open.

Lucas, Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Mr. Game 'n Watch and I'm DONE!

DONE!!

Josh5890

I have the holy trinity in doubles, still sealed. Same with a few other rares including Little Mac, Rosalina, Shulk. Do if I need to make some trades, I will.

You are set up pretty well. I only have a figurative double with Ike, and that is only if my Gamestop pre-order comes through in a month or two. I wanted to get doubles in Ness, Robin, and Lucina for insurance. I wound up with one Ness.

As for my needs I need Greninja (hopefully will grab on the 27th), Jigglypuff (hopefully will grab on release day), Robin and Lucina (somewhere, hopefully), Marth (there is a reproduction coming so probably), and Villager (I have no idea how I will get a villager.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Have a missed anything today aside from Robin and Lucina being on stock earlier at Best Buy for one minute?

Significant jump in replies so just curious.

No, we've been acting like they're up based on the activity, but it's all of us going
"So no change yeah? I lived my life for SECONDS and not sure if I missed it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom