• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenpp72

Brian★;159103375 said:
Are you feeling it?
CB8kfVBVEAATjfa.png

Not gonna lie, while I do think the service you're offering is helpful (not to me, but to others as I only collect US variants) the amount of posting about things like skype support and other things does come off as a lot of advertising. To specify more what I mean, I see a bunch of people talking about amiibos, making jokes and smashing F5, and then I see a mention about a store to order from and it's always the same user lol.

Not trying to call you out too much as I do hope you're just well intended, but I can't be the only one thinking that a lot of this stuff should be handled in a more unified fashion as to not make it seem like you're just trying to build a userbase for a store no one here will likely use post Amiibocalypse .

Hng there's a seller on eBay who has the Splatoon triple pack for 65ish. Which is the highest I would go. Jump the gun and secure it or hope I don't miss Amazon. The struggle.

weevles

Hng there's a seller on eBay who has the Splatoon triple pack for 65ish. Which is the highest I would go. Jump the gun and secure it or hope I don't miss Amazon. The struggle.

If you can make to a store, I'm sure you'll find it the week of release. It's kind of hard to tell how much they ordered for Splatoon since it's a new IP from Nintendo and no one knows how popular it's going to be.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna lie, while I do think the service you're offering is helpful (not to me, but to others)as I only collect US variants) the amount of posting about things like skype support and other things does come off as a lot of advertising. To specify more what I mean, I see a bunch of people talking about amiibos, making jokes and smashing F5, and then I see a mention about a store to order from and it's always the same user lol.

Not trying to call you out too much as I do hope you're just well intended, but I can't be the only one thinking that a lot of this stuff should be handled in a more unified fashion as to not make it seem like you're just trying to build a userbase for a store no one here will likely use post Amiibocalypse .

I'm personally finding it extremely redundant, and it's been confusing, as I thought the (slow-loading) ad was an actual GS Tweet or something, until I saw the store name and ad....

No interest in Smash amiibos, but the amiibo content for Splatoon looks neat, so I'm thinking about getting the girl inkling. I'm assuming it'll get sold out the instant there are preorders so which site usually gets them first?

goldenpp72

If you can make to a store, I'm sure you'll find it the week of release. It's kind of hard to tell how much they ordered for Splatoon since it's a new IP from Nintendo and no one knows how popular it's going to be.

I can guess that if Smash brothers can't shake up the software charts on the Wii U much, that Splatoon will mostly fall on deaf ears. I don't expect the game will do more than Captain Toad, dignified, but not excessive. Keep in mind I don't think Kid Icarus even sold much more than a million on the 3ds and that was a much higher profile game on a much higher system during a time not a bunch of games were hitting. I just don't think it being a new IP will do it many favors due to horrific sales of the console itself, but hopefully well enough to nurture a long lasting series on future platforms that are successful.

With that said, I think the Amiibos for it will be between common and uncommon, Nintendo will pump out more to try and help market it, but not so many as to have excess on shelves that will possibly go unsold. A lot of people I know who collect Amiibos also have no interest in them because they aren't legacy Nintendo properties, but that's anecdotal.

No interest in Smash amiibos, but the amiibo content for Splatoon looks neat, so I'm thinking about getting the girl inkling. I'm assuming it'll get sold out the instant there are preorders so which site usually gets them first?

As of now, most sites that have put them up for pre-order sold out relatively quickly, with I believe Amazon, Wal-mart and Target being the big ones that have not. I believe the going assumption is that even if the pre-orders for these sell out, they should generally be fair to find for the initial stock, but possibly not after. Amazon is likely the best chance to pre-order unless another site actually post a specific time, but the Gamestop person I talked to who is typically pretty reliable, said that they expected to receive pretty decent in store shipments for Splatoon that won't be pre-order, if that's not the case at other stores though I can't say, since GS does seem pretty decently in touch with this particular demographic.

BooJoh

With that said, I think the Amiibos for it will be between common and uncommon, Nintendo will pump out more to try and help market it, but not so many as to have excess on shelves that will possibly go unsold. A lot of people I know who collect Amiibos also have no interest in them because they aren't legacy Nintendo properties, but that's anecdotal.

I just really hope they're common enough that people who want them to actually use them can get their hands on them. Rare amiibos for Smash is one thing, but when they actually lock away otherwise-inaccessible game content like Captain Toad or Splatoon, they need to make a concerted effort to make sure people can get them if they want them.

weevles

I can guess that if Smash brothers can't shake up the software charts on the Wii U much, that Splatoon will mostly fall on deaf ears. I don't expect the game will do more than Captain Toad, dignified, but not excessive. Keep in mind I don't think Kid Icarus even sold much more than a million on the 3ds and that was a much higher profile game on a much higher system during a time not a bunch of games were hitting. I just don't think it being a new IP will do it many favors due to horrific sales of the console itself, but hopefully well enough to nurture a long lasting series on future platforms that are successful.

I think the number of units is set, and it's probably lower than Mario and friends, but the question is will the demand for amiibos be more or less than the supply? I don't see the game being very popular as it's not only multiplayer, but a Wii U game among other things. :p

Nintendo Direct - Post Amiipocalpyse Day 5

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past 5 days and it isn't over yet for many!

My Battle Report

Amazon Canada
-SSB Wave 4 (minus exclusives)
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack)

EB Games Canada
-Ness - Online
-SSB Wave 4 + Ness (minus other exclusives) - In Store
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack) - In Store

Amazon Germany
-Pink Wool Yoshi

Amazon France
-Greninja

NeoGaf Trade
-Jigglypuff

I'm in very good shape!

I was second in line at my EB this past Saturday, so unless they only get one of a certain Amiibo I am good to go. Highly unlikely to happen. So for now my Amazon Canada order is my back up and I will likely keep the online EB Ness to sell to a Gafer at cost (no PMs now). I have a trade setup for Jigglypuff, she is the only one I have no preorder for in the May 29 releases.

goldenpp72

I think the number of units is set, and it's probably lower than Mario and friends, but the question is will the demand for amiibos be more or less than the supply? I don't see the game being very popular as it's not only multiplayer, but a Wii U game among other things. :p

Hard to say, I myself picked up a few bundles of the 3 pack along with 1 set of the Boy/Girl separately just to have the different packaging (stupid I know). I figured if I want some sealed and some open I can work with that, or if someone else really needs one for trade that could be worked out as well since I do mostly open these things (I have found it hard to convince myself to do it with a few of them though, heh)

This whole situation sucks though, I was part of the Amiibo fun well before the community exploded, I still remember just ordering the Wii fit trainer and villager with no hassle, with other people ordering them over months, now they last minutes if that because people want something rare to own rather than actually caring about the figures specifically. I wish Nintendo would help out people who really do just want the figures, as I never thought to buy duplicates until I started losing out on ones like Jiggly and Greninja (the latter of which is one of my mains in smash :/)

In the end, I hope through fair trades and communication the community here ends up with what they want, I think if I could undo it all i'd consider it at this point, but at this point i'll finish :p

hdm_NSV0.jpg

From Reddit so of course only to be taken as a possibility. 4 different people speaking to different reps have received similar responses. They are saying Wave 4 preorders on Amazon.com will be April 17th at 12:00am EST.

Do I believe it? maybe
Will this stop me from watching all Amiibo related pages like a hawk and hoping for a Line notification? Absolutely not.

Again take with a grain of salt.

Fireblend

Banned
So, I have a Greninja preorder on TRU. Does it sound likely I'd be able to trade it for a Ness eventually? I have no idea if they're similar in rarity.

hdm_NSV0.jpg

From Reddit so of course only to be taken as a possibility. 4 different people speaking to different reps have received similar responses. They are saying Wave 4 preorders on Amazon.com will be April 17th at 12:00am EST.

Do I believe it? maybe
Will this stop me from watching all Amiibo related pages like a hawk and hoping for a Line notification? Absolutely not.

If true that's horrible. Now EVERYONE will be pouncing on that specific time

weevles

hdm_NSV0.jpg

Do I believe it? maybe

Thanks, but grain of salt. Will continue to leave my auto-refresh on. :p

mugwhump

Brian★;159100207 said:
PygeHD now has customer service on Skype!
We accept calls only.

PygeHD is our skype, gogogogo!
I'm curious, what's your situation with this site? Are you like a partner? My PayPal payment went to you, but I assume you wouldn't be the one answering the phone :p

In any case I'm glad you're doing it, probably would've never gotten a falcon otherwise

goldenpp72

So, I have a Greninja preorder on TRU. Does it sound likely I'd be able to trade it for a Ness eventually? I have no idea if they're similar in rarity.

Hard to say, I ordered 2 Ness and did not get a Greninja, so if I don't manage to score one between now and the launch that is likely a trade i'd consider unless there is some huge disparity in price (say ness is like 80 bucks and gren goes for 25). From what I see though, I think they are both similar rarity with the only reason Ness might be perceived as more valuable being how obsessive Earthbound fans are. Between him and Jiggly though, I only have one extra Ness and at least 2 (possibly 4 if I don't find Robin and Lucina) to work with, so not looking good :p

I'm curious, what's your situation with this site? Are you like a partner? My PayPal payment went to you, but I assume you wouldn't be the one answering the phone :p

In any case I'm glad you're doing it, probably would've never gotten a falcon otherwise

I'll be answering you. Either call or message.

It didn't help that I was supposed to be moving this week but plans kept changing and things going wrong. That day I got to two GameStops and both were out of everything since I was late by a whole 30 minutes. I'm not part of Line so I have to check GAF when I can. I'm not letting it get to me and I'm happy people here such as yourself have managed to get yours but I haven't been so lucky. There's always next time! And if not, then I brave the release day madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom