• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, missed out on the amiibo preorders over the Easter weekend so I'm very happy EB Aus got more up. Any word on when the Splatoon 3-pack or yarn Yoshi amiibos will be available anywhere?

Cider

I don't have any games that would require an amiibo, but I wanted to get Lucina just because. Lol I guess I was wayyyy overestimating my luck.
Watch Nintendo make all DLCs tied to amiibos in their next FE lol. You read it here first.

Josh5890

I don't have any games that would require an amiibo, but I wanted to get Lucina just because. Lol I guess I was wayyyy overestimating my luck.
Watch Nintendo make all DLCs tied to amiibos in their next FE lol. You read it here first.

I'll bet the house that all of the Fire Emblem amiibos are tied to FE; Infinity Wars
Watch Nintendo release a super rare Fire Emblem amiibo line

Akim

Banned
Wsas8lb.jpg

Updated collection. All NIB NA! Have Wave 4 preordered, except for Greninja which I missed while sleeping. Missing Little Mac, Marth, and Villager.

I know everyone is keeping an eye out for amazon and that pygeHD site but just wondering if anyone has been keeping an eye on newegg's wave 4 pre-orders or even play-asia.com? Been refreshing those pages for a few days now hoping they'd open up soon but nothing yet.

ZeroX03

Banned
Brian★;159109621 said:
Shipping is $10 - $20? and conversion to United States Dollars makes it cheaper for them?

A shipped Amiibo from NZ is still $30USD+.

Off the top of my head it's $32 for lighter amiibo with okay packaging, $35 for heavier amiibo or using better packaging.

ShyMel

Updated collection. All NIB NA! Have Wave 4 preordered, except for Greninja which I missed while sleeping. Missing Little Mac, Marth, and Villager.
Wow your collection looks real nice. I like the rainbow you've got going on with them.

Wait, you're TheBatman? Why did you change your screen name??

Lee is my online name everywhere. It's my PSN, XBox Live and Nintendo ID name. lol

I was only TheBatman as I was on an Arkham City high back in 2012 when I signed up xD

Truth be told I miss the old name already, I asked to have it put in my Tag, but nothing yet.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
The time has come. If I can't get the Amiibos I want by just walking into a store I'm done with this whole business.

Pre-orders be damned. I'm not losing sleep over a damn toy.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
hdm_NSV0.jpg

From Reddit so of course only to be taken as a possibility. 4 different people speaking to different reps have received similar responses. They are saying Wave 4 preorders on Amazon.com will be April 17th at 12:00am EST.

Do I believe it? maybe
Will this stop me from watching all Amiibo related pages like a hawk and hoping for a Line notification? Absolutely not.

Again take with a grain of salt.

Now is that, like, the night of April 16, morning of April 17? Or is it night of April 17, morning of April 18? Because technically it doesn't become a new day until 12:01 a.m., so 12:00 a.m. April 17 is the last minute of April 17 right before it becomes April 18.

Lee is my online name everywhere. It's my PSN, XBox Live and Nintendo ID name. lol

I was only TheBatman as I was on an Arkham City high back in 2012 when I signed up xD

Truth be told I miss the old name already, I asked to have it put in my Tag, but nothing yet.

Often times people's old screen names get put into their tags around here, so I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I would have had no idea it was you!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
hdm_NSV0.jpg

From Reddit so of course only to be taken as a possibility. 4 different people speaking to different reps have received similar responses. They are saying Wave 4 preorders on Amazon.com will be April 17th at 12:00am EST.

Do I believe it? maybe
Will this stop me from watching all Amiibo related pages like a hawk and hoping for a Line notification? Absolutely not.

Again take with a grain of salt.

I enjoy the fact they spent time to blur the guy's name but left his name unblurred at the bottom.

Ecto311

Found 2 fox amiibo at bestbuy. Thought he was more rare than that. Passed since I already got him months ago. If anyone's looking check best buy.

I enjoy the fact they spent time to blur the guy's name but left his name unblurred at the bottom.

Ha i did not notice that. I think I am an April 17th convert. But will still stay on top of every bit of news and refresh Lucina's page a few thousand time between now and then.

Piggus

I'm going to come to your house and take them all out of the box. How would that make you feel?

goldenpp72

I only want Pacman from this wave. The BF has a 2nd preordered, but that'll prolly get cancelled.

Oh, if you're only wanting Pac-man I think he will be quite easy to find, he's one of the most recognizable properties in the game if you think about it. At least as much so as Sonic I would say.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh, if you're only wanting Pac-man I think he will be quite easy to find, he's one of the most recognizable properties in the game if you think about it. At least as much so as Sonic I would say.

Pac-Man is pretty much the single most recognizable video game character in the world...

goldenpp72

Pac-Man is pretty much the single most recognizable video game character in the world...

I don't believe he is above Mario here, but there is also a connection of who is recognizable and then who is relevant as well. Pac-man is probably in the top 3 most recognized video game characters, but the amount of people who actually care about him is probably a good deal lower. Still, when compared to characters like Ike or something, I imagine he will get quite a run.

Ibuki

Banned
I wonder if Fire Emblem if will have amiibo support. I wish I knew japanese so I didn't have to wait until next year to find out.

Shauni

I wonder if Fire Emblem if will have amiibo support. I wish I knew japanese so I didn't have to wait until next year to find out.

I'm sure someone at some point will translate and relay this information here by the time we know in Japan.

Jergingha

Neo Member
I want the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, but at the same time I don't because in reality I don't even like Yoshi.

It's the Amiibo factor that is reeling me in.

Goddamn it.

doowrah

Soooo, probably gonna post this occasionally, but I have a sealed NA Gold Mario if anyone has a Ness to trade. Does not need to be sealed, I just want the amiibo itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom