• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, but at the same time I don't because in reality I don't even like Yoshi.

It's the Amiibo factor that is reeling me in.

Goddamn it.

reggie-3ds.gif

jadedm17

I figured I would share this video about the amiibo craze that may be an interesting watch for you

I quit at 3 minutes, I doubt I'll learn anything. Nintendo is handling this poorly, the market is just reacting accordingly. These aren't limited seating tickets, or hard to make console hardware : They're (relatively) easy to make toys that Nintendo isn't making enough of to satisfy demand. (And scalpers, collectors are falsely creating a bigger bubble by buying mass amounts of them to trade or sell.) Scalpers aren't great but they're not the root problem. (I'm also inclined to point out they'll only sell for what people will pay, so the buyers aren't innocent.)

Robbydude

Neo Member
just got home from NYC and Nintendo World still has preorders open for the Splatoon amiibos. I preordered a 3-pack and they also have the inkling girl and boy available.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Oh, if you're only wanting Pac-man I think he will be quite easy to find, he's one of the most recognizable properties in the game if you think about it. At least as much so as Sonic I would say.

Here's to hoping. As for the other releases I want Zero Suit and Dr. Mario. Sept might actually be the time I end up quitting.

So my sister desperately wants a rosalina amiibo for her bday (a little over a month away)

Whats the cheapest way to get one? Import from Japan via ebay/amazon?

Drago

So my sister desperately wants a rosalina amiibo for her bday (a little over a month away)

Pretty much. Be prepared to spend about $40 or more for one, she's on the expensive side of rarer amiibos unfortunately.

rjinaz

Wow prices have climbed. A trade if you have any valuable amiibo.

Otherwise probably ebay. Expect to pay $45

Sure it is. Those yarn yoshis are really convincing with their lack of shadows, yellow background where everything else is white and the fact that they aren't out yet.

You forgot the most important part of the terrible hoax/joke:

They're lined up and posed exactly as the promo yarn Yoshis and in the same color order.

rjinaz

Is there a value list somewhere? I am going amiibo hunting in a couple days at some stores

NVM source was screwed up on the ike stuff

Not sure, I posted this, this morning might help you out for the rarest:

NA Villager $140
NA Marth $100
NA wii Fit Trainer $75
Little Mac really any version $65
Pit, really any version but NA more so. $60

Followed by:

Villager (other regions) $65
Marth (other regions) $55
Metaknight $50
Shulk $45
Rosalina $45
Lucario $45
Captain Falcon $45 (other $40)
Wii Fit Trainer (other regions) $40
Gold Mario $40
Ike $40 (other $35)
Dedede $35 (other $30)

All others are more or less uncommon to common.

Shauni

It might be worth mentioning that, while not announced, a lot of people are expecting another wave of the Super Mario Line with Rosalina in it, based on her Mario Party 10 model. Odds are that one will probably be easier to get, but it's probably going to be awhile since it's yet to be announced. Obviously, it's outside your time frame, but if you want to get her something else and try for Rosalina for Christmas might be better.

It might be worth mentioning that, while not announced, a lot of people are expecting another wave of the Super Mario Line with Rosalina in it, based on her Mario Party 10 model. Odds are that one will probably be easier to get, but it's probably going to be awhile since it's yet to be announced. Obviously, it's outside your time frame, but if you want to get her something else and try for Rosalina for Christmas might be better.

Will keep that in mind, thanks.

Do the MP line work in smash though? I havent gotten any of that line yet (need to get a new gamepad charger too...)

I checked out ebgames new zealand just to see if the pre orders are still available and they are, for ALL Wave 4 amiibos, including the super hard to find ones..geez why can't we get that kind of luck here in the states

Drago

Just got a Toad on Amazon, not sure if they're still in stock but yeah.

$19 shipped, oy vey. Talk about impulse. I now have an amiibo for every character now I guess... mostly wanted Toad because his would be the only MK8 suit I didn't have. >_>

ZeroX03

Banned

NA Villager $125
NA Marth $100
NA wii Fit Trainer $75

Followed by:

Metaknight $50
Shulk $45
Rosalina $45
Lucario $45
Gold Mario $40
Ike $40 (other $35)
Dedede $35 (other $30)

I assume the Meta Knight, Rosalina and Lucario prices are just for NA regions?

ZeroX03

Banned
I checked out ebgames new zealand just to see if the pre orders are still available and they are, for ALL Wave 4 amiibos, including the super hard to find ones..geez why can't we get that kind of luck here in the states

EB Games usually takes a few days for the rarest to sell out in New Zealand. Small population, they're one of the only retailers that stocks amiibo and they require a deposit of $10 per amiibo so scalpers won't order huge amounts.

rjinaz

I assume the Meta Knight, Rosalina and Lucario prices are just for NA regions?

Right unless noted with some form of (other). Also the top 5 amiibo might have different prices I got those at least a week ago. The others should be current. Also these are strictly US ebay prices.

EB Games usually takes a few days for the rarest to sell out in New Zealand. Small population, they're one of the only retailers that stocks amiibo and they require a deposit of $10 per amiibo so scalpers won't order huge amounts.

That's a smart thing to do, that way more people can get amiibos..for us that just want one of each that would make our jobs easier

Josh5890

NA Villager $125
NA Marth $100
NA wii Fit Trainer $75

Followed by:

Metaknight $50
Shulk $45
Rosalina $45
Lucario $45
Gold Mario $40
Ike $40 (other $35)
Dedede $35 (other $30)

Well that post makes me feel a little better about spending $40 yesterday on Meta Knight

NA Villager $125
NA Marth $100
NA wii Fit Trainer $75

Followed by:

Metaknight $50
Shulk $45
Rosalina $45
Lucario $45
Gold Mario $40
Ike $40 (other $35)
Dedede $35 (other $30)

Thanks, still kicking myself when I almost bought a marth on wave 1, day 1 and figured amiibo wouldnt be that big....

rjinaz

I grabbed an extra Yoshi (Mario Bros. version) the other day from there just because Yoshi is my favorite character. They had TOADS there for $8.99. Everything was on sale except for the standalone Mario (Mario Bros. version). Looks like most everything is back up to $12.77.

Yeah they had some crazy prices. Some I think were $6 something. Sad I missed out on Toad for that cheap.

Yeah they had some crazy prices. Some I think were $6 something. Sad I missed out on Toad for that cheap.

He was never on the site, but I went to the store itself and they had a couple. I was hoping a Captain Falcon would randomly be there because I've seen him there a couple of times since he fell off of the face of the earth. One of the employees even told me they got a WFT in a shipment a few weeks ago (not sure if I believe him though).

Thanks, still kicking myself when I almost bought a marth on wave 1, day 1 and figured amiibo wouldnt be that big....
I went to Target with me boss, they had FOUR Villagers, two Wii Fit Trainers, and at least one Marth. She wanted to buy all four Villagers and I told her to put them back, others would want them and there would be plenty of time. I then put the WTF I was holding back using the same logic and telling myself I should use the money on something else.

Unless the release more in the US making them easier to find and their secondhand value drop, I will never, ever stop kicking myself for that.

kirby_fox

Banned
I went to Target with me boss, they had FOUR Villagers, two Wii Fit Trainers, and at least one Marth. She wanted to buy all four Villagers and I told her to put them back, others would want them and there would be plenty of time. I then put the WTF I was holding back using the same logic and telling myself I should use the money on something else.

Unless the release more in the US making them easier to find and their secondhand value drop, I will never, ever stop kicking myself for that.

The Meijer by my place had a Villager for awhile, until right before the talk of them being rare started. I'd go in to grab something real quick and go by the electronics, where I could see him from afar. Right on the bottom rack telling me "Come buy me. I'm one of your faves. Come buy me!" No, I told myself. I can't buy more of them. I need to not spend the money on these things. Only to import one later...

Ryfferr

So I just pre-ordered Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganondorf from eb games NZ but I don't see ZSS anywhere? Did she already sell out or is she still not up yet? I checked EB Aus' website and she's up there but not in NZ's one.

Yep, my logic was I wasnt getting smash til christmas so I should just get link for the HW weapon......

I think there were villagers and other now super rare ones when I got there, I try not to remember

Peagles

So I just pre-ordered Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganondorf from eb games NZ but I don't see ZSS anywhere? Did she already sell out or is she still not up yet? I checked EB Aus' website and she's up there but not in NZ's one.

She's only available to preorder in store right now along with the 3 yarn Yoshi colours. The NZ website isn't the greatest.

Ryfferr

She's only available to preorder in store right now along with the 3 yarn Yoshi colours. The NZ website isn't the greatest.

Oh phew. I was scared cause I went to Tauranga for 3 days and didn't have internet that I missed out on her pre-order window.

Gonna have to run tomorrow to secure her.

Ryfferr

jq_20150407_amiibo.jpg

She's even in the picture. Someone should call EB and slap some sense into them.

My eyes literally bugged out when I opened the tab for EB games. I've never seen amiibo so up front in their website.

I'm so thankful the ones I want are releasing on the same day. My wallet might hate me for it but it's so worth not dying of impatience.

-Horizon-

Hearing all this international talk of wave 5 preorders starting to go up reminds me that it is so stupid how they split up wave 5 into waves 5 and 6 here in the US and delayed everything by 1-2 months. Like why? -.-
It's not like they'll magically fix the supply problem lol

Salamando

Hearing all this international talk of wave 5 preorders starting to go up reminds me that it is so stupid how they split up wave 5 into waves 5 and 6 here in the US and delayed everything by 1-2 months. Like why? -.-
It's not like they'll magically fix the supply problem lol

But, but, maybe they rilly rilly will fix the supply problem! The delay is so they have time to manufacture more for the States, right?

EWKolwT.gif

"Please Nintendo, I want some more"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom