• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am able to get in an order would it be cheaper for me to get it shipped to Hawaii or California? I'm in Hawaii for school but am from Cali and will most likely be heading back there when I am done.

Cider

I'll bet the house that all of the Fire Emblem amiibos are tied to FE; Infinity Wars
Watch Nintendo release a super rare Fire Emblem amiibo line

Yep, me too. There is no way they're not gonna release it for the new game, especially since the n3DS now has native support and that way they can "encourage" customers to get the n3DS without pissing them the hell off.
Either way I'm already pissed so ;______;

ZeroX03

Banned
It only just occurred to me from reading the above post that both Fire Emblem If and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will probably use amiibo. I'm so glad I tracked down all of the FE characters, I wasn't originally going to.

Balls in Pokemon's court though as far as amiibo support goes. It could be amazing. Could be a ridiculous DLC cash grab. It could be a random gimmick feature that Game Freak occasionally indulge in. Or they could just do nothing like with N3DS enhancement.

HiroTSK5

I could see Pokken using Amiibos considering there are already Amiibos for Pikachu and Lucario and I would love to see Amiibos for Machamp, Suicune and Gardevoir.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I could see Pokken using Amiibos considering there are already Amiibos for Pikachu and Lucario and I would love to see Amiibos for Machamp, Suicune and Gardevoir.

Wow. This makes a lot of sense, as it could have a distinct amiibo mode to have fun with, and on top of that all the Pokemon in Pokken would work well as amiibo, whereas that can't be said for "most pokemon". It'd also explain why we've not heard about any WiiU version yet, because they need those damned renders done to show off in the Direct with them.
Geniuses. Evil geniuses sitting on mountains of plastic toys, cackling like mad seahorses.

ubiblu

It's probably cheaper for NZers to import from Australia with how the dollar is. NZ pricing for gaming stuff - electronics of all kind really - is hilariously awful.

Except for this which I found funny.

EB Australia
20150102_banner_1percustomer.jpg

EB New Zealand
2percustomer.jpg

That seems like a bit of a fib. I was able to pre-order multiple Ganondorf and ZSS just yesterday in-store in Australia :)

Jawmuncher

As I said before I hope the next waves have regular in store preorders. Remember you could do wave 3 in GameStop until smooth or two out.

Jawmuncher

you could preorder in store for these too.... But it was a shit show

I mean technically. I meant a regular preorder the 5 dollars down and you wait for it to show up in store. The web in store stuff was just odd, really don't want to go through that again.
Not to mention considering they went OOS the same day they were up is pretty bad.

See... I thought preorders were supposed to send interest to publishers so they know how many or how many more to make... Preorders really should never sell out. As long as people are willing to buy them, you should be willing to make them. If 1000 resellers want to buy 1000 lucinas, go ahead and make 1 million lucinas, and then make a million more for good measure to make up for all the people who don't believe in preorders, those who don't know, and those who haven't decided yet.

I'm just saiyan, I thought the reason you take preorders well before the item comes out is so you can make sure you have more than enough made (unless something is truly limited with a print number)

Wow. This makes a lot of sense, as it could have a distinct amiibo mode to have fun with, and on top of that all the Pokemon in Pokken would work well as amiibo, whereas that can't be said for "most pokemon". It'd also explain why we've not heard about any WiiU version yet, because they need those damned renders done to show off in the Direct with them.
Geniuses. Evil geniuses sitting on mountains of plastic toys, cackling like mad seahorses.

If I'm not mistaken, its possible to create your own custom fighter in Pokken with a different color scheme as well as how it fights.

Pokken Amiibo are something I was thinking about a lot after one of our last looks at it, simply because we already have Pikachu and Lucario as Smash ones, and they could easily pop up in Pokken (and have the smash ones "phased out" like I'm expecting them to do with some of the other amiibos.

tsundoku

Amazon is too good a business to pull a Toys R Us. People still complain about them going up in the afternoon, but that's the time the MAJORITY of customers are usually on the site, so it's the logical move. It could happen in theory, but there's a VERY good chance you won't miss Amazon.
Target and Walmart on the other hand, I would not place any bets. Jiggly was an unwelcome wake up call.

Amazon Canada went up at 2 pm EST
I just happened to psychically put down Windwaker HD and check my phone to secure them.

Shauni

I mean technically. I meant a regular preorder the 5 dollars down and you wait for it to show up in store. The web in store stuff was just odd, really don't want to go through that again.
Not to mention considering they went OOS the same day they were up is pretty bad.

It seems like, for whatever reason, for non-game items that Gamestop is pushing Web-in Store a lot. I guess probably because it's harder to cancel, and the mentality behind already paying full for your product will possibly make you even less inclined to cancel.

So is the April 17th Amazon thing verified at this point?

Comes from a conversation with an Amazon customer service agent, so not really. It's possible, but apparently people have said they've gotten inaccurate info from them in the past.

mantis23

See... I thought preorders were supposed to send interest to publishers so they know how many or how many more to make... Preorders really should never sell out. As long as people are willing to buy them, you should be willing to make them. If 1000 resellers want to buy 1000 lucinas, go ahead and make 1 million lucinas, and then make a million more for good measure to make up for all the people who don't believe in preorders, those who don't know, and those who haven't decided yet.

I'm just saiyan, I thought the reason you take preorders well before the item comes out is so you can make sure you have more than enough made (unless something is truly limited with a print number)

This applies more towards Disc based games, which have a much smaller turnaround time. Most games are pressed and in stores within a few weeks. Something like Amiibo have a turnaround time measured in months, not weeks. Its also a matter of securing the manufacturing. its not like the plants that make these sit around empty waiting for orders. Typically a compnay puts an order in months in advance to secure a slot on the schedule for manufacturing.

That said, your idea is a valid one. It would ensure that everyone gets a figure that they want. The downside would be that you would have to preorder something you may not have for a year.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn. that Greninja looks awesome. If I get lucky and get to grab a Ness here in Costa Rica whenever our local distributor decides to enable preorders, I might as well keep my Greninja TRU preorder...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

If Nintendo ran this through their own retail website, they could easily have done this.

RootCause

i think you'd be first tbh, depends on the amiibo community in your area.
most people wont go until like 8-9 am to line up.

people lined up at 2 pm for ness at my gamestop
I'd say it's okay. Around 10 peeps showed up for ness. Would be sweet if 1 or 3 showed up. Maybe get lucky, with Robin, and Lucina if I don't manage to get them on Amazon.

A friend sent me this

ntTUP7z.jpg

My feels

no way greninja looks that good. an amiibo that looks better than DDD? like i thought DDD would be the peak of amiibos, that no one would top the quality of DDD but looks like Greninja is going to make a splash!

get it?

make a splash?

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom