• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

What's up with Palutena's hand... It looks like she is wearing a Mickey Mouse glove. Dat plastic can't get thiner for dem finger details :c Most of the amiibo female characters have that issue... uh.

-Horizon-

But, but, maybe they rilly rilly will fix the supply problem! The delay is so they have time to manufacture more for the States, right?

EWKolwT.gif

"Please Nintendo, I want some more"

38b.gif

Still waiting for someone to photoshop "tears" onto the syrup can.

Oh phew. I was scared cause I went to Tauranga for 3 days and didn't have internet that I missed out on her pre-order window.

Gonna have to run tomorrow to secure her.

Heh. "I've been gone for three days, is ZSS still available to pre-order? Okay I'll grab her tomorrow." Words you'll never hear in America. Reading this post makes me laugh and also incredibly sad about this whole situation.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Didn't see it mentioned here so thought I'd pass it along.

Allegedly, some folks have talked to their local Toys R Us stores asking them the exact details on the Greninja In-Store Pre-Order and they have been told dates completely different from those previously reported.
Just a reminder that given the examples we have to point to, there is LITERALLY no single source that you should trust on this information, and while that's completely insane, it's just how things are at the moment.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So with all of the pre-order talk going on, has anyone actually trained amiibos lately in smash?

I actually just got into them in March with no WiiU or N3DS to speak of.
Intended to have a WiiU by now, but given the rate the last couple waves disappeared, I figured the smaller investments that I can't just get later should take priority over the console itself.
Yes, we've established the level of my insanity, but really what does it say about Nintendo that I'm better off buying amiibo now and their compatible hardware later?

Peagles

Heh. "I've been gone for three days, is ZSS still available to pre-order? Okay I'll grab her tomorrow." Words you'll never hear in America. Reading this post makes me laugh and also incredibly sad about this whole situation.

This is basically the result of only a small number of stores stocking them (two brick and mortar and one online store I believe), and two of those charging a preorder deposit and imposing a limit on purchasing. Some people scalp but there's only a handful up for online auction at any given time, it's not big business like it is in the US.

Plus you know, they cost a lot here. That's the downside I guess.

Didn't see it mentioned here so thought I'd pass it along.

Allegedly, some folks have talked to their local Toys R Us stores asking them the exact details on the Greninja In-Store Pre-Order and they have been told dates completely different from those previously reported.
Just a reminder that given the examples we have to point to, there is LITERALLY no single source that you should trust on this information, and while that's completely insane, it's just how things are at the moment.

Yup.

The only thing we know for sure regarding amiibos is that literally no one knows anything for sure.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Does anyone know what happened to Dark Pit's wings? One seems much smaller than the other one.

Could be wrong, but it looks like one is angled, so from the picture it may look that way, but they're the same size. It looks as if his right wing is bent at an angle and backward due to his pose. Here he is from another angle.
1419624401-visuels-amiibo-mars-2015.jpg

Ryfferr

No yarn Yoshi that I can see though. Still have to go instore for them for now I guess.

Idk if I'm gonna get one. They're cute but I've never really been into plushies.

Now I'm catching up on all the amiibo news I missed out on because of uni and easter, can we preorder Lucas and Mewtwo now in store at our EB games yet or nah?

Could be wrong, but it looks like one is angled, so from the picture it may look that way, but they're the same size. It looks as if his right wing is bent at an angle and backward due to his pose. Here he is from another angle.
1419624401-visuels-amiibo-mars-2015.jpg

Praise my Three Sacred treasures will be amazing.

edit: wait where did that photo come from?

Maengun1

I passed on getting a Pit amiibo (really -- I was refreshing Amazon one day in December looking for Captain Falcon and I happened to see Pit come in stock for like 10 minutes, but didn't buy) but now I find myself thinking Dark Pit and Palutena look so great. But it would be weird to have them and not regular Pit, and I'm not paying scalper prices for regular Pit.

Nintendo pls

Got a US Fox Amiibo in its box.

Best Buy? That's what people here suggested but I checked three in my area this past weekend with no luck.

Everyone here is going crazy over Ness and Lucina, meanwhile I just want a damn Fox. I would have probably jumped off a bridge by now if I was looking for ones that are actually rare.

On a positive note, I did manage to find all four series 1-2 World of Nintendo 4" figures so I'm pretty satisfied overall.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I passed on getting a Pit amiibo (really -- I was refreshing Amazon one day in December looking for Captain Falcon and I happened to see Pit come in stock for like 10 minutes, but didn't buy) but now I find myself thinking Dark Pit and Palutena look so great. But it would be weird to have them and not regular Pit, and I'm not paying scalper prices for regular Pit.

Nintendo pls

I hope I can just get Dark Pit and Palutena for non-scalper prices.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Given how small the Dark Pit / Palutena wave is, I have to think there will be reprints included in that wave, right?

Right???

AdanVC

Mr. Game & Watch amiibo should be cheaper because seriously, he will be just a thin piece of plastic almost like those plain silhouette keychains, haha.

Hatchtag

Banned
Given how small the Dark Pit / Palutena wave is, I have to think there will be reprints included in that wave, right?

Right???

I'm guessing it'll be delayed, others will be moved up, or new announcements will join it. Or its being released on its own to celebrate an E3 announcement of Kid Icarus Uprising HD.

Ryfferr

So the limit of 2 per customer for EBNZ preorders... that's just new right?

I preordered 2 Robins and 2 Lucinas cause I want to compare/contrast to get the "better" ones and return the others and I'm thinking of doing the same with the wave 5 ones.

I don't want EB to suddenly cancel my preorders cause I had more than one per character.

Maitiú

Mr. Game & Watch amiibo should be cheaper because seriously, he will be just a thin piece of plastic almost like those plain silhouette keychains, haha.

That's how I felt about Kirby, but then my wallet showed Nintendo that they would be fools to lower the price.

Peagles

Can't be much worse than paying a scalper, can it? Least we'd know the money went to paying a shipping company instead of lining the fat and greasy pockets of the scum of the earth

I'm not familiar with how much scalpers charge over there, but it would cost over $40 USD for one Amiibo shipped. I do agree with you though, much better than paying a scalper! Of course if there is still profit to be made for scalpers they could just start ordering from here, creating the same problems, which would be awful.

I've sent out a few Amiibo to members here but most have balked at the price.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's probably cheaper for NZers to import from Australia with how the dollar is. NZ pricing for gaming stuff - electronics of all kind really - is hilariously awful.

Except for this which I found funny.

EB Australia
20150102_banner_1percustomer.jpg

EB New Zealand
2percustomer.jpg

Ryfferr

It's probably cheaper for NZers to import from Australia with how the dollar is. NZ pricing for gaming stuff - electronics of all kind really - is hilariously awful.

Except for this which I found funny.

EB Australia
20150102_banner_1percustomer.jpg

EB New Zealand
2percustomer.jpg

I would but waiting for them to arrive will kill me. Plus I'd rather see them firsthand for any defects.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Time for my shift. So now is Amazon's chance to truly fuck me over, I guess.

Amazon is too good a business to pull a Toys R Us. People still complain about them going up in the afternoon, but that's the time the MAJORITY of customers are usually on the site, so it's the logical move. It could happen in theory, but there's a VERY good chance you won't miss Amazon.
Target and Walmart on the other hand, I would not place any bets. Jiggly was an unwelcome wake up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom