• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jigglypuff looks neat, but that's to be expected knowing how Kirby turned out to be nice.

The real MVP is Greninja. It looks way too good.

shandy706

no way greninja looks that good. an amiibo that looks better than DDD? like i thought DDD would be the peak of amiibos, that no one would top the quality of DDD but looks like Greninja is going to make a splash!

Well, you can tell I don't care about Pokemon figures. I thought it looked awful. I'm guessing it's accurate?

If it's accurate, I'd see why it's a good one. Looked goofy to me with not being able to relate.

-Horizon-

From what I can see of Lucina and Robin with them being blurry in the background, they look really nice.

No fat fingers at first glance.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Went to the preorder for Ness at my local gamestop and sat on the floor for 2 hours. The dude was telling people walking in that it was 4pm. I then overheard the employees talking about how they wanted Ness...so shady. I waited outside in below zero for Meta Knight so I didnt care waiting inside for a couple hours. Also nabbed a preorder for Robin, Luc. and Jiggly when she went up for 2 seconds on Target.com.

This wave is so gd cutthroat it isnt even funny. It is making people just so tense and its ashame.

This wave is so gd cutthroat it isnt even funny. It is making people just so tense and its ashame.
I was just talking to my girl about how this wave is the most serious that amiibo has ever been. We have two Fire Emblem characters and Ness of all people in the same wave. So far, her and I are coming along nicely in this wave but we're still missing Ness and that kills us lol.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
So far, her and I are coming along nicely in this wave but we're still missing Ness and that kills us lol.

Oh God. Im sorry :( I work hard to get Dan his guys because he is usually super busy at work to get preorders in in time or in store. Ness is going to be a tough one to get...I just wish they would have allowed 2 per person like with Jiggly...could have helped someone like you out with that problem. -_-

Cappa

Banned
I feel like I missed something regarding NA pre-orders....what happened?
Apart from everything selling out within minutes, European amazons for the most part no longer allowing shipping to us,and Amazon US still not going up.

Nothing really just a normal wave preorder scenario in NA

ZgLq66k.jpg

Oh man, the plot-line is close to real life. Who wants to go Donkey Kong on Amiibos?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Boy I'm glad the 'bos I want always seem to be the common ones. All I'm waiting for in this round is Charizard, I gotta believe there'll be a ton of him.

Guys, my friend just told me he saw a Marth amiibo at our local Walmart this weekend. Going to check in just a few to see if it's still there, pray to the RNG amiibo overlords that it is..

kirby_fox

Banned
I realized it's days later and I still have 0/8 of them preordered.

If sites are going down because of this, it's reaching Beanie Baby levels. Hopefully that means prices fall so fast because fans can't get them and the scalpers flood the market.

Because I guarantee it's more and more people seeing this as an "opportunity" to make some cash, coupled with fans buying multiples for trade purposes.

Speaking of trades, I got the Splatoon triple pack preordered from BB and a Lucario still...

JIGGLYPUFF AND GRENINJA ADDED TO AMAZON GERMANY - NO PREORDERS YET

Jiggglypuff
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VK8HT28/

Greninja
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VK5P27U/

Unsure if it will ship to NA, last pre-orders that DE put up were the Wool Yoshi amiibo and only 1 of the 3 (Pink) would ship to NA.

Yesterday only Greninja would ship from Amazon France when both were put up.

Did this change at some point because when I tried yesterday they were shipping neither to the US.

Geedorah

That is really shitty of TRU - why is this allowed? I would feel like they should lose their 'exclusives' privilege for stuff like this - all it does it add extra hoops for the consumer to jump through, and means we can't use TRU Rewards or w/e they want to call them... Feels really shady.

Are they just keeping it up as a placeholder with the intent to launch later?

There were four sold, from Apr-06-15 20:25:36 PDT to Apr-06-15 20:30:11 PDT (5min)

That is really shitty of TRU - why is this allowed? I would feel like they should lose their 'exclusives' privilege for stuff like this - all it does it add extra hoops for the consumer to jump through, and means we can't use TRU Rewards or w/e they want to call them... Feels really shady.

This whole fiasco is really shady.

NateDrake

The shady thing is the age range for that amiibo: Recommended Age Range: 72M - 300M.

Kitoro

Why put it up on eBay instead of your site?

Because their site gets relatively low traffic in general, and is rather archaic and dated, so they're used to resorting to other venues, even though they don't necessarily always have to in cases like these.

MADGAME

Because their site gets relatively low traffic in general, and is rather archaic and dated, so they're used to resorting to other venues, even though they don't necessarily always have to in cases like these.

It promotes their eBay site in general as another TRU outlet to watch. eBay is an immensely lucrative revenue stream, they want people to check TRU when shopping there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom