• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Jesus. They had FOUR!!??

Nintendo: Well I mean, Pokemon isn't very popular so let's not make very many of that really in demand Pokemon. I mean this series only has like, 7 or 8 reps in Smash total. No big deal.

"Hey boss what do I do with all these Diddy 'miibos?"

"Well DKC2 IS THE BEST DKC SO WE WILL TAKE MORE OF THEM IN AMERICA YES."

"What about that Fire Emblem game that sold-"

*blasts Bramble Scramble*

I might have an extra gold mario I'd be willing to trade for a Greninja. Is anyone interested?

Gonna wait until Greninja is released to see trade values.

Tanukid

How I'm feeling at the moment with getting Amiibos from these stores.

giphy.gif

spookyfish

That is really shitty of TRU - why is this allowed? I would feel like they should lose their 'exclusives' privilege for stuff like this - all it does it add extra hoops for the consumer to jump through, and means we can't use TRU Rewards or w/e they want to call them... Feels really shady.

They pulled this crap before, with Lucario.

Honestly, with all the negative press the "exclusives" got last time, I'm actually surprised NoA did this again.

How I'm feeling at the moment with getting Amiibos from these stores.

giphy.gif

This is hilarious and highly accurate.

Meh, it's too early to really see how Greninja is going to fall. I don't even speculate on trades until after the figure is out. I mean Gold Mario was selling for $100 before he came out.

NateDrake

Meh, it's too early to really see how Greninja is going to fall. I don't even speculate on trades until after the figure is out. I mean Gold Mario was selling for $100 before he came out.

Well said. It's hard to gauge the rarity of an amiibo prior to release. We have a general idea that the FE line will be rare given past experience. Greninja could be a Lucario situation or they may have a bit more stock. Same goes for Ness. A situation similar to Shulk is probable. Hopefully JP isn't a Rosalina ordeal.

Jawmuncher

The handling of this wave just makes me sick. Here I thought my preorder of Wave 4 on Amazon UK would just be a backup. Now it's really the only way I'll get them.

RootCause

The handling of this wave just makes me sick. Here I thought my preorder of Wave 4 on Amazon UK would just be a backup. Now it's really the only way I'll get them.
It's really disheartening. This whole thing has made me turn on nintendo. Buying everything used from them.

Spent the better part of an hour trying to sign up for an account at Shopto and then discovered that they won't accept any of my Visa cards as payment -_-

It's probably for the best, it shouldn't be necessary to import these from a foreign country anyway. When Nintendo feels like selling their products to me in a convenient way I'll be ready but until then I'm out.

So Kirby.

He was always one I thought I'd eventually get and I could find him almost everywhere whenever I was out searching.

Decided to finally go ahead and pick him up. Found 1 Gamestop in my area that actually had 1 in stock, the rest seem to be nearly gone from the few stores I found him at.

What happened?

I guess this is just a warning for those who are casual amiibo buyers to get the ones you want now from the early series because the supplies appear to be dwindling.

-Horizon-

So Kirby.

He was always one I thought I'd eventually get and I could find him almost everywhere whenever I was out searching.

Decided to finally go ahead and pick him up. Found 1 Gamestop in my area that actually had 1 in stock, the rest seem to be nearly gone from the few stores I found him at.

What happened?

I guess this is just a warning for those who are casual amiibo buyers to get the ones you want now from the early series because the supplies appear to be dwindling.

First wave would run out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom