• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peagles

So Kirby.

He was always one I thought I'd eventually get and I could find him almost everywhere whenever I was out searching.

Decided to finally go ahead and pick him up. Found 1 Gamestop in my area that actually had 1 in stock, the rest seem to be nearly gone from the few stores I found him at.

What happened?

I guess this is just a warning for those who are casual amiibo buyers to get the ones you want now from the early series because the supplies appear to be dwindling.

It might not be the cause of your woes, but Amiibo have such a good sell through rate here in New Zealand (and Australia) that Nintendo has been shipping us imported Amiibo, and I saw several US Kirbys here the other day. Maybe they send your old stock here because they weren't selling?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So you're saying there is a GameStop in the middle of Kansas somewhere with every amiibo still in stock?

Not at all, we live in a world where scalpers exist.
What I'm saying is the graphic on page 1 is accurate, and while there are pockets where Kirby is considered as rare as Rosalina, that's only because of a lack of stock around them, not overall.

Piscus

So, assuming my ToysRUs preorder holds up and I can't get one otherwise, I might love to trade my NA Greninja for a NA Ness by the time launch comes... Anyone interested?

-Horizon-

Not at all, we live in a world where scalpers exist.
What I'm saying is the graphic on page 1 is accurate, and while there are pockets where Kirby is considered as rare as Rosalina, that's only because of a lack of stock around them, not overall.

And here I was getting all excited.

Fox Mulder

Doubtful. People who are satisfied like myself aren't going to buy another except if they wanted to scalp it. But the problem is that an extra influx lowers the value so the scalping value proposition is lessened. It will make a difference in the market especially when most of the Amiibo paranoia is "if I don't get it in the first minute I'll never get it"

Another small run of meta knight wont do much of anything to the value or scalpers if it sells out immediately like everything else has.

Plus I imagine people will keep getting extras as trade bait for others like they do now.

shandy706

First you register, then you go to the page and hit Buy it Now, then it creates a purchase order. Then, from your list of purchase orders you can view it and then you pay with your credit card.

I haven't done it yet, but I think I'm going to roll the dice and see what happens.

Hit View Detail.

Thanks, figured it out. I noticed they have other amiibo on their "market place", but I can't figure out how to get them up on the english version of the site.

NM, figured the second part out...lol. You can buy Lucina and Robin off there too.

Villager is $36 Haha

Well I made a ShopTo account.
It sucks that I cannot order Jiggs or Ninja, but I can get the two KI characters. Too bad they are $30 each.
Choices...

Thanks, figured it out. I noticed they have other amiibo on their "market place", but I can't figure out how to get them up on the english version of the site.

NM, figured the second part out...lol. You can buy Lucina and Robin off there too.

Villager is $35 Haha
how did you get them on the english site?

rjinaz

No I'm not assuming that, I am stating the pool of people wanting will have lessened. Resellers are going to be more careful because it absolutely will lessen the value from what it is now and if people think they can get it without reseller prices then they are going to drive that market down. If this gets confirmed ebay prices will instantly drop.

They will drop sure, but not all that much until they are actually out. Shulk didn't drop. Then once they sellout out, and they will, the price will go up and remain in the $40 range. You can quote me some time after they release and mock me if I'm wrong. When it comes to amiibo I am very rarely wrong.

CorvoSol

Villager is $36 Haha

Have you figured out how shipping works?

can you not order from the us? i dont see us as alisting while registering.

edit: i guess i should choose america. i am assuming america west is the western us?

ZeroCDR

I really want King Dedede, he's stunning and one of my mains in Smash. I promised myself I wouldn't get carried away and pay above MSRP for any of them, so I'll just keep waiting for a restock. *skeletonatpc.jpg*

I swept up a few commons thanks to the Target deal last week, Samus and Kirby are really well done too. Kirby really shines in his beautiful simplicity. I skipped on Diddy Kong, super derp face.. But I'm stuffing him in my Target cart in case Jigglypuff comes back for free shipping since I'm only buying one, a limit Target should have instated in the first place.

HardRojo

And I finally picked up my Gold Mario amiibo pre-order! I didn't pick him up last week when I grabbed Fox but he's here now. For those wondering, this was a pre-order available officially in Peru. The JVL sticker was there, they are the official Nintendo distributor in Peru and Chile as far as I know. Maybe Chile also got the Gold Mario.
sECGf09.jpg

CorvoSol

Figured it out. Over on the right it has the shipping details tab and if what that tab says is true I wanna know if can cancel this order I paid for because hoooooooly shit it looks like it's 18 bucks to ship to the US.

No wait that's 18 RMB which isn't much at all.

shandy706

Figured it out. Over on the right it has the shipping details tab and if what that tab says is true I wanna know if can cancel this order I paid for because hoooooooly shit it looks like it's 18 bucks to ship to the US.

No wait that's 18 RMB which isn't much at all.

Was going to say that's expensive, but I see your edit. 18 RMB....wat is that...$2-$3?

CorvoSol

Was going to say that's expensive, but I see your edit. 18 RMB....wat is that...$2-$3?

Yeah it's about 3 bucks or so. Come to think of it the order has a charge for express which was about a buck or so so maybe it already is in the delivery stage? Can't check now because suddenly the site's giving off virus juju, haha.

Checked and yeah, there's some manner of express fee of 2 USD, which is about the expected shipping price, so I'm still unsure.

Legit don't know yet. I think you have to wait for the system to process it but like, I paid but can't ship for whatever reason.

so from what it looks from the order tutorial is that you pay, they order, when they get the item you pay shipping. i also found a shipping generator $48-ish total for lucina. i want her, but not that bad.

CorvoSol

so from what it looks from the order tutorial is that you pay, they order, when they get the item you pay shipping. i also found a shipping generator $48-ish total for lucina. i want her, but not that bad.

Yeah that's what I figured. Did you see how Lucina wound up costing 48? Cuz like, I wouldn't expect her to break 40 using this site.

Yeah that's what I figured. Did you see how Lucina wound up costing 48? Cuz like, I wouldn't expect her to break 40 using this site.

there is a shipping cost estimator and i just plugged in the weight of the amiibos that i have shipped and changing shipping to sal it showed about $48, give or take a buck or so.

edit: $48.96 it shows me

edit again: http://www.engtaobao.com/tool/cost_calculator.htmli used .28kg for weight

Jawmuncher

"we'll make more if enough people ask for them." That's a nice sentiment, but Nintendo's burning its most loyal fans in the process.

Sums it up nicely there. "Thanks for the restock of the commons while were still fighting for shit that's not even out yet."
Pretty much. Do we really need more reissues of Pikachu?
Nintendo thinks so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom