• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

To be fair, Nintendo was so late to the game/toy thing....I mean, they're conservative enough as it is, but there was just no way they weren't going to err on the side of caution, especially for characters that aren't "iconic" or "mainstream" to the Nintendo brand.

Doesn't take much of the sting away, but there's that. :p

That's fine until they started adding features into games requiring amiibos you can't buy.

Anytime you buy from an international Amazon, you always buy a bunch of things because shipping is usually a flat rate fee. If you're only buying 1 thing of course it's going to feel expensive.

^^^^^
The shipping fee should be as is. UK to Aus is like 10pounds.

Toki767

I just want to understand how it works with the amiibos..in the US they come out on May 29th, in the UK its April 24th..they are region free right? Because obviously I wouldn't want them if I Cant even use them here..not sure what game Wario amiibo is even used for

NICE..just chatted with a really nice guy from amazon UK he is waiving the shipping charges :)

Yes they're region free. Europe and Japan are getting each wave a month earlier than the US for some reason.

Yes they're region free. Europe and Japan are getting each wave a month earlier than the US for some reason.

Great thanks..the guy was SO nice he waved the shipping charges so now Im paying exactly like if I were purchasing them here in the US..so now I have my very first wave 4 amiibo :) I guess I will have to find out what I can do with Wario..or would I have to wait til its officially released here in the US to use it

Jawmuncher

Made a really bad visual representation of what we have left.
Left open the unreleased and/or unseen amiibos. Forgot about mii fighters and wasn't going to do it again thus my remark.
untitled8jlqck.png

Oh I see..and these amiibos are region free right? I sorta feel silly spending 20 bucks on an amiibo I could probably get here in the states on release day..should I cancel it?

I can't and shouldn't tell you what to do with your money. I speculate that Wario will be among the commons that you will be able to find on shelves if not right at launch then soon after here in the states. But that is just my speculation and not a given fact.

Toki767

I feel like half the reason Nintendo is making a vote for characters to add to Smash is secretly to disguise a "Who should we make an amiibo for?" survey.

I can't and shouldn't tell you what to do with your money. I speculate that Wario will be among the commons that you will be able to find on shelves if not right at launch then soon after here in the states. But that is just my speculation and not a given fact.

Its cool I already got refunded the shipping charges so Im keeping the order :)..but since the amiibos are NOT available here til May 29th but in the UK they ship out on April 24th..when I do receive it, do I have to wait til its released here to use it or does it not matter since its region free

Toki767

Its cool I already got refunded the shipping charges so Im keeping the order :)..but since the amiibos are NOT available here til May 29th but in the UK they ship out on April 24th..when I do receive it, do I have to wait til its released here to use it or does it not matter since its region free

Unless the game requires an update, you shouldn't have to wait to use it. Guessing he's usable in Smash and Mario Party 10. Potentially also Mario Kart 8 I guess.

They are region free so it should work right away. I don't think they have patched in each new wave when the figures have come out, it is just built in functionality. I may be wrong on that though. This is the first time we have had such a large gap in the release dates so it is new to everyone.

Unless the game requires an update, you shouldn't have to wait to use it. Guessing he's usable in Smash and Mario Party 10. Potentially also Mario Kart 8 I guess.

COOL I have both games. I dont mind waiting to use it just wanted to be sure that I can..so excited that I finally got an amiibo just don't want to receive it and find out that without a game update(Which might not come out here in the states) that I cant use it

They are region free so it should work right away. I don't think they have patched in each new wave when the figures have come out, it is just built in functionality. I may be wrong on that though. This is the first time we have had such a large gap in the release dates so it is new to everyone.

Yeah its important I will need to know if these amiibos will work here in the US otherwise there is no point in me keeping the order its a difference of a little over a month so not sure why they get theirs earlier than we do

Pyrokai

So I want in on this LINE thing.....is this it?

Is there a group or something I have to join or someone I need to contact? I NEED IN!

PM me if necessary. I'm desperate.... (but aren't we all!)

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
I can't believe I was IN GAMESTOP in line when Lucina and Robin sold out. Those mofos sold out faster than Pac and Ness, its so unreal. I WILL get them though, Amazon open ya'lls preorders!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Brian★;159239896 said:
Well, we're screwed. PygeHD leaked out to Reddit.

Wow, I wonder how that happened? Maybe it was the THOUSANDS OF POSTS SAYING YOU'D HAVE A MILLION PREORDERS TOMORROW.

Made a really bad visual representation of what we have left.
Left open the unreleased and/or unseen amiibos. Forgot about mii fighters and wasn't going to do it again thus my remark.
I just realize whatever characters get added as DLC will get Amiibos. The Smash line never ends!

NateDrake

Wow, I wonder how that happened? Maybe it was the THOUSANDS OF POSTS SAYING YOU'D HAVE A MILLION PREORDERS TOMORROW.

Don't talk nonsense. Why would constant advertising on NeoGAF bring about attention? No one visits this site. Who even reads the amiibo thread? /s

Crumbtiny

Did anything ever come of shopto for people in the US? I tried to create an account, but just kept getting errors. If i try to create one it says my email already has an account associated with it and logging in doesn't work.

Busy day at work, so i didn't have much time to mess with it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Brian, why don't you password protect amiibo orders on PygeHD and only distribute the PW via the Line group or something? e: at least for the first few hours or something

Did anything ever come of shopto for people in the US? I tried to create an account, but just kept getting errors. If i try to create one it says my email already has an account associated with it and logging in doesn't work.

Busy day at work, so i didn't have much time to mess with it.

I ran into the same issue but then I was able to set up an account with another address. The problem after that though was they refused to take my dirty American money (Visa).

Probably best that they saved me from myself though, after all the freaking out I did initially over securing wave 3 and preordering overseas in the end I could have easily gotten the entire wave domestically had I just chilled out and waited for the stores to get their stock. Rosalina was up on Target for like 4 hours the day wave 3 launched.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibo Thread 7 | Mr. Fraporium's PygeHD Emporium (Closed)

ZeroX03

Banned
Australia and NZ pre-orders still live. Interested to see what sells out first as an indicator of rarity and or stock.

I got my pre-orders in but a Dark Pit and Palutena is mighty tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom