• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
White and gold

image.php

If I understand correctly, pygehd is taking orders for Amiibos starting 4/8 at 9PM CDT, right?

Anything that should be done in advance to ensure smooth sailing when it comes to ordering? I am kinda desperate to at least get Villager (as a huge AC fan), but there's a bunch I missed out on l want to try and get without paying scalper markup.

Considering pre-ordering a couple on shopto, do they charge for shipping? They have Palutena and I really want to get her I made an account but haven't put in the order.

If I understand correctly, pygehd is taking orders for Amiibos starting 4/8 at 9PM CDT, right?

Anything that should be done in advance to ensure smooth sailing when it comes to ordering? I am kinda desperate to at least get Villager (as a huge AC fan), but there's a bunch I missed out on l want to try and get without paying scalper markup.

Yes, we are taking preorders of
  • Inkling Boy
  • Jigglypuff
  • Greninja
  • Inkling Girl
  • Squid (which is Japan Packaging)
  • Shulk

Tomorrow at
- 9th of April: 12PM (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- 8th of April: 10PM (Eastern Time)
- 8th of April: 7PM (Pacific Time)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

GmX5Ap4.png

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Got me a Mario and Luigi at Toys'R'Us hooray. The girl at checkout was hassling me about if I'd seen any Ikes anywhere. Can't imagine she'll ever find one of those.

Brian★;159253303 said:
  • Inkling Boy
  • Jigglypuff
  • Greninja
  • Inkling Girl
  • Shulk

Tomorrow at

Are the splatoon boy and girl amiibos euro or JP packaging?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Got me a Mario and Luigi at Toys'R'Us hooray. The girl at checkout was hassling me about if I'd seen any Ikes anywhere. Can't imagine she'll ever find one of those.

I dunno, while the current situation can only be described as abysmal, they will at the very least by years end have to lay out a plan for reprints or they're missing out on another wave of income from what I'm reading is one of their most profitable products of all time.
It's a hopeful mentality, but if the release of gamecube styled controllers along side smash, it's hard to argue Nintendo don't see the value in re-releasing a product there's enough demand for.
I'm fairly sure she was hitting on you.

Also, this. When securing my Ness pre-order, I was getting one for my buddy who was at work all day, and the cute guy at checkout said he wished he had friends like that. If I had balls, I'd have bought him one and asked him out, but I'm dumb.

Brian★;159253303 said:
  • Inkling Boy
  • Jigglypuff
  • Greninja
  • Inkling Girl
  • Shulk

Tomorrow at
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Greninja and Jugglypuff shall hopefully be mine after missing out when they went live. And Shulk too -- O missed all the exclusives except Lucario that I got by chance.

So is my wallet tbh

Jawmuncher

I dunno, while the current situation can only be described as abysmal, they will at the very least by years end have to lay out a plan for reprints or they're missing out on another wave of income from what I'm reading is one of their most profitable products of all time.
It's a hopeful mentality, but if the release of gamecube styled controllers along side smash, it's hard to argue Nintendo don't see the value in re-releasing a product there's enough demand for.

But those GC adapters though. My gamestop has like 12 of the smash controllers with no one to buy because of the damn adapters. Though thankfully there are third party equivalents now, which seem to be why nintendo just gave up. Too bad we can't have third party made amiibos.

RootCause

But what is pygeotto? How does one get in? Huh! ;x

GeekComplex

Neo Member
But those GC adapters though. My gamestop has like 12 of the smash controllers with no one to buy because of the damn adapters. Though thankfully there are third party equivalents now, which seem to be why nintendo just gave up. Too bad we can't have third party made amiibos.

It was a poor implementation because they rushed the WiiU overall, but the amiibo reproduction wouldn't require anything else beyond the choice to actually do it. As for third party amiibo, I'd argue the community have taken that spot in some equally cool and horrifying ways.

Einbroch

Banned
I saw the edit.

I'm gonna nendo nothing but stalk this thread and occasionally drive-by-troll. But then I'll preorder those string cuties and that'll be that.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the edit.

I'm gonna nendo nothing but stalk this thread and occasionally drive-by-troll. But then I'll preorder those string cuties and that'll be that.

I figured "whatcha gonna Nendo about it" was a dumb joke.

To answer your question, we do not have they new amiibo. If you had read Best OT, you would've seen the FAQ with the image. ;)

Brian★;159253303 said:
  • Inkling Boy
  • Jigglypuff
  • Greninja
  • Inkling Girl
  • Shulk

Tomorrow at

How hard will it be to get a Jigglypuff and Greninja from your store?

Gonzon06

Brian★;159256114 said:
Very hard for preorders, we'll be getting 10 - 15 in preorders but 30 - 40 overall.

And how would that work? do those who preorder after the 10-15 get it at a later date or do they have to be there when they release?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
PygeHD PygeHD PygeHD PygeHD PygeHD PygeHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom