• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

I'm still extremely sad that I wasn't able to get a Ness amiibo. Earthbound is in my top 5 games of all time, and he sold out as I walked into the store to preorder him. Guys, it hurts even a week later :(

georly

Thanks to jiggly and ness (if they actually send them to me), I'll be complete on original 12, and I think that's a perfectly acceptable victory condition for smash amiibo.

MicH

Just finished pre-ordering the rest of the currently announced Smash Amiibo which means I have everything pre-ordered (Smash wave 4 to 6, Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi Amiibo). I am so happy that the situation where I live is nowhere near US level of craziness

Target is trolling me. They just sent me an e-mail titled "Clearance for the win!"
Was hoping for some amiibo thing for some reason haha just false hope

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At least greninja went up around midnight for you guys, vs the 3 am for east coast.

Yeah I actually WAS around for that. Win one, lose one :/

I am sad to see comments on here like "got a SECOND one" or "I don't even want one" -_-

LAA

Feel bad for the US when it comes to ordering them, even worse with retailer exclusives.

I managed to pre-order the amiibo's I wanted for the next wave(s), Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit. I wasnt even sure about splatoon, but I saw there was a bundle for it with the green squid amiibo for £33, so seemed a decent price. Might be interested in the Yarn Yoshi amiibo bundle too, but depends if the normal yoshi amiibo is compatible (Betting it won't be, but still).

All thats left for the SSB range that I'll be interested in is Falco, Mewtwo and possibly ROB... depends on the later dlc characters if they'll be amiibos for them too. (Rayman!)

Pizza

A friend and I already have a "get up hella early" game plan for jigglypuff. I sucked it up and got on line early for rosalina, maybe I can do it again.

ZeroCDR

Target and Walmart surprisingly handling the Amiibo situation very good. Can't say the same for GS and TRU though.

Couldn't believe TRU just dumped them out like that in the early AM. At least they've announced an official in-store pre-order gig but "extremely limited" sounds like "don't even bother, we only have enough for the two guys camping out" to me, so I probably won't waste the gas.

GS might have worked out if they didn't advertise online pre-orders at the same time, which never even went up!

I called customer support and the dude said I should keep my second order, he said they're only canceling ones that are ordering A LOT.

Should I trust him and try to keep both to trade one here (for Ike or Pit, haha)?

RootCause

A friend and I already have a "get up hella early" game plan for jigglypuff. I sucked it up and got on line early for rosalina, maybe I can do it again.
you'll get a great shot at it if you go very early. I have no target so I can't do the same.

Nintendo Direct - Post Amiipocalpyse Day 7

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past week since that Direct aired and it isn't over yet for many!

My Battle Report

Amazon Canada
-SSB Wave 4 (minus exclusives)
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack)

EB Games Canada
-Ness - Online
-SSB Wave 4 + Ness (minus other exclusives) - In Store
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack) - In Store

Amazon Germany
-Pink Wool Yoshi

Amazon France
-Greninja

Target
-Jigglypuff

I'm in very good shape!

I was second in line at my EB this past Saturday, so unless they only get one of a certain Amiibo I am good to go. Highly unlikely to happen. So for now my Amazon Canada order is my back up and I will likely keep the online EB Ness to sell to a Gafer at cost (no PMs now).

Just need that NA Greninja!!! I will give my French one to a Gafer at cost (will be more since it is an import) if I can secure an NA one.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Was gonna grab one for a friend. Sold out.

That's what you get for messin' with my crew, Ein!

Here are some neat Amiibo.
9028318042_80c230feee_z.jpg
poop_by_62nights-d34f8oj.jpg

Ein pls :( I'm glad Drago got his!

Colors

Neo Member

I did that for Rosalina and it turned out none of the Targets in the area got any in. I decided not to do that again, felt kinda stupid waiting in the cold for nothing.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
“We decided placing new Amiibos in happy meals would be a great distribution method to let consumers get their favorite toys, but still maintain the sense of rarity that makes people want Amiibos. You can buy a happy meal, but you aren’t guaranteed to get the exact Amiibo that you are trying to collect. It’s just like the system we have created with retail chains, but instead of us limiting the stock to increase demand, the consumer is in control. Or, rather, McDonalds to be exact.”

Just by reading this paragraph you know it's fake.

LOL, I didn't even make it that far in the article. I read, like the first paragraph, and looked around the site for a bit to come to that conclusion.

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past week since that Direct aired and it isn't over yet for many!

/QUOTE]

Ness, Lucina, Robin and Splatoon 3 Pack at Gamestop. Jiggly at Target. Just need Greninja and I can easily grab preorders for the other guys somewhere else.

Peltz

So if I ordered jigga-poo via credit card and didn't get a confirmation from target, is it going to get cancelled? It's been a half hour now.

Son of a

I get up from checking the thread/other sites to go to the bathroom and get some lunch and come back to see I had just left before they came up and got back right after they were gone.

I guess the only thing I can hope is that Jiggly will be like the Rosalina situation at the store and online on release day. Damn it, I didn't want to have to go to the store that day.

May 29th is going to be hell

ash321

Rosalina is hard to say. I got one through the preorder on Target.
But my friend and niece want one. So i camp outside of Target, but apparently all Target around don't receive any.
But after 1 week. I was in Target do some shopping, the guy was put stuff back to the shelf have 2 Rosalina on the cart. So in total i have 3 Rosalina.

Damn, missed Jiggly again. I swear Nowinstock is completely worthless at this point. I haven't got a text or an email notification from them for the past few restocks.

G0523

I got the 5 non-exclusive amiibo for preorder on Best Buy. But I'm still gonna try for Amazon whenever that goes up. (It's technically less on Amazon because no tax.) But Best Buy is there as a backup. I haven't been able to preorder anything else.

Drago

I'm gonna have to use Amazon UK for Ness, Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario, and Pac Man. What was originally a backup plan has ended up the only way I'll be able to get these guys. Not complaining though.

Got a Jigglypuff back on Thurs and a Greninja that night, and the Splatoon 3pack from Best Buy the next day. I'm in pretty good shape.

Just bought a second Jigglypuff today for a friend too using a guest account. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled.

So if I ordered jigga-poo via credit card and didn't get a confirmation from target, is it going to get cancelled? It's been a half hour now.

Takes a little time. I just got my email confirmation saying success! Give it a little more time, you should get something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom