• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

the window was pretty long. I guess if you missed out, major bummer.

only in comparison to recent windows. I recall casually looking at my phone and preordering shulk and dedede in december. A sudden 10 minute window at random times of the workday is still bad.

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from an order placed After 11am? I must have gotten in right at the end, so every second it stays at "processing" is another nervous second...

Jeff-DSA

Wow, I missed it because of a co-worker who came to sit at my desk while she was waiting for someone else to get out of a meeting. That's how stupidly small these windows are. It's not fun anymore.

Have Target's Jigglypuff listing opened for nearly a week. Take 20 minutes to drive to work. Finally get to work and check out Gaf just for kicks. Misses Jigglypuff preorder... Again! Ugh.

Total amount of Wave 4 preorders: 0. No luck for me in Wave 4.

rjinaz

It's another option in the app. I just remember it's an obtuse option, both in location and name. I tried looking for it but couldn't even find where it was again...

What's weird is nobody seems to get these notification anymore yet nobody can remember how to turn them off. It doesn't matter I decided to just turn down the volume at night and be done with it. Thanks for your help though.

Costia

Is there any place where i can preorder a yarn yoshi? (i am not from the US, so international shipping is required)
The only place i saw so far was GAME UK

ash321

The time window is actually really big this time.
Let's see, I was in class when I got the instock alert, try around with my phone for 2-3 mins , no deal, i got out of class right away, walked upstairs, got in one of the computer class room. Log in, open chrome and i can still pre-order it.
@Spartan: If you want, at the released day, pm me, I can send it to you with the same price + shipping cost.

AdanVC

Congrats to everyone who got a Jiggly! Now... I have a serious question. Is there a way to preorder an amiibo from Australia or those countries wich will be getting wave 4 a month earlier and import them? (I'm in Mexico) I want Ness and Pac-Man so bad that I'm willing to pay for 3 day shipping express turbo-whatever for it. Because the panorama of wave 4 in the Americas, especially for us who live in Latin America is just disastrous.

Somnid

And here I had stopped checking this thread obsessively. Whatever, it's going to be months later when restocks happen before I can complete this wave anyway.

I'm thinking the window was so long this time because it caught a lot of people by suprise. The first time it went up was the same day Gamestop opened pre-orders and the same day Best Buy's went live, so everyone was at the ready.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Guys. Let's not kid ourselves. This is still bullshit. Until a preorder listing stays up for 24 hours or more I won't be happy about any of this.

I think that will only happen if the amiibo crazy comes to a sudden stop and everyone stops buying them. Until then these sites will keep crashing or only putting limited number of preorders in the system at a time.

archieg2034

Neo Member
Going with fake!

“We decided placing new Amiibos in happy meals would be a great distribution method to let consumers get their favorite toys, but still maintain the sense of rarity that makes people want Amiibos. You can buy a happy meal, but you aren’t guaranteed to get the exact Amiibo that you are trying to collect. It’s just like the system we have created with retail chains, but instead of us limiting the stock to increase demand, the consumer is in control. Or, rather, McDonalds to be exact.”

Just by reading this paragraph you know it's fake.

chidrock

Had the same issue... Were you on mobile? Never got a confirmation from PayPal that it went through

Yeah, I'm on mobile and had to get to a desktop to be able to sign onto the website. The order is there, but I don't know how to see if the payment went through.

Of course I missed Jigglypuff on Target because I had to step away from the site for a bit. I knew I want to refresh it to see if anyone wrote back to me...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nobody should be calling a 20 minute window "long". That's still the kind of window where it would be super easy to miss if you didn't plan every minute of the day around amiibos.

Anybody who thinks that this means the situation is improving at all has seriously warped expectations. Just because you may have gotten one doesn't make this any better for those who hadn't.

I got a Jigglypuff but honestly, I don't NEED a Jigglypuff.

If your interested in one and don't manage to pre-order one before release and have a Greninja or Lucina, (and I don't manage to pre-order before launch either) I would much rather have either of those. PM me if interested.

If this isn't the right place to post this...apologies!

feels so bad.. Just want 1 Jiggly.

I got a Jigglypuff but honestly, I don't NEED a Jigglypuff.

If your interested in one and don't manage to pre-order one before release and have a Greninja or Lucina, (and I don't manage to pre-order before launch either) I would much rather have either of those. PM me if interested.

If this isn't the right place to post this...apologies!

Sent you a message!

Sealtest

Just cancelled my order for 2 because the shipping system is old as hell and wouldn't let me use my PO Box street address.

ZeroCDR

Missed it at lunch, got an alert e-mail but no text, thanks NowInStock lol. The one day I go early!

Compared to every other Wave 4 online pre-order so far, 20 minutes is pretty good. Wish they would ditch the 2 per order limit, but Target is probably getting a lot, she doesn't seem very complex, so I imagine we'll have more opportunities especially on release day.

God, as soon as I refreshed the thread and saw so many new pages I knew I missed something ;_;

I'm just having awful, awful luck with this wave. I missed out on all the non-exclusives at Bestbuy because they went up as soon as I left to go get lunch.

ash321

Missed it at lunch, got an alert e-mail but no text, thanks NowInStock lol. The one day I go early!

Compared to every other Wave 4 online pre-order so far, 20 minutes is pretty good. Wish they would ditch the 2 per order limit, but Target is probably getting a lot, she doesn't seem very complex, so I imagine we'll have more opportunities especially on release day.

Target and Walmart surprisingly handling the Amiibo situation very good. Can't say the same for GS and TRU though.

rjinaz

Nobody should be calling a 20 minute window "long". That's still the kind of window where it would be super easy to miss if you didn't plan every minute of the day around amiibos.

Anybody who thinks that this means the situation is improving at all has seriously warped expectations. Just because you may have gotten one doesn't make this any better for those who hadn't.

It happens every time. I've already seen the word common used. Once people get the amiibo it becomes common to their perception. Two brief windows is anything but common and there is no doubt in my mind it will be a rare.

Replace Jigglypuff with any other amiibo and you're probably describing most of amiibogaf.

True :p Its pretty much the reason why I'm deciding early I don't need it, before I actually have it and then convince myself I need hahah

Now some of the other ones I really DO think I NEED...

Vidiot

Got my Target email. I actually got my order in on the mobile site. I couldn't add to cart but for some reason clicking on express checkout worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom