• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauni

Kk. Thanks. I wonder what day they will actually show up in stores. I might be able to get one at my Walmart then.

May 29th is the release date in NA, but I don't know what kind of odds you're facing seeing them in the wild. I know I have never once seen one of the genuinely rare figures in stores myself.

Vuapol

Nintendo Direct - Post Amiipocalpyse Day 7

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past week since that Direct aired and it isn't over yet for many!

1/2. I managed to snag Ness in-store during the GameStop implosion with little issue. No luck with Greninja at Toys R Us. I'm hoping I can get an in-store preorder on the 27th.

Still no word on the Yarn Yoshi amiibos for North America?

weevles

My tally this wave is 2 so far: Greninja and Charizard. I'm 0 for everything else. :(

If Amazon, Walmart, and Target are busts, then I will try in-store.

Wonder if Ness is going to go up on GameStop.com proper. And Greninja was actually available through TRU's website at some point?

Sigh. The thirst. She is real. Just when I thought I was out I done got jiggy with it.

My Wave 4 Update:

Target: 2 Jigglypuffs (one of which is going to be used for trade on here).

GameStop: Ness, Charizard, Pac-Man.

Toysrus: Greninja

As for the three I'm missing, I have multiple potential deals going on to get them. My friend on the east coast has an extra Wario coming, on GAF I have a potential Lucina trade for my second Puff, and I also have a potential deal with another GAF member to get some of their extra pre-orders for all of the ones that I need. I'm still refreshing Amazon all the while, of course, but I should be okay for finishing Wave 4. Not as neat and easy as I'd have liked, but it's better than giving in to scalpers. In the off chance I have anymore extras by the end of this, I will of course be letting GAF know first. We gotta stick together in these troubling times.

kirby_fox

Banned
Wonder if Ness is going to go up on GameStop.com proper. And Greninja was actually available through TRU's website at some point?

Sigh. The thirst. She is real. Just when I thought I was out I done got jiggy with it.

Nah nah nah nah nah-nah.

I was gonna clean my place today, and instead I applied for a Target redcard and put the GC I had from Amazon on my account while refreshing this thread over and over again.

weevles

Sucks that I want Palutena and Dark Pit. :( I also want Zero Suit Samus as I play her a lot in Smash. Gannondorf and Bowser Jr are also on my want lists. This is sooooo painful. Why am I into these things?? :(

RootCause

Sucks that I want Palutena and Dark Pit. :( I also want Zero Suit Samus as I play her a lot in Smash. Gannondorf and Bowser Jr are also on my want lists. This is sooooo painful. Why am I into these things?? :(
ZSS is my main. It's the one I can't afford to miss out on. Hope it ain't hard to get.

weevles

Getting Zero Suit will be a bloodbath lol. Sorry, I'm not selling/trading any of the amiibo I'm able to obtain since I actually want to use them in the games. :p

I'm really hoping to all hopes TRU throws more greninja online or has more than they are leading on about for in store preorder.

If anybody has an extra greninja for trade, let me know what you want for it, I think i'd rather just trade something rather than try my luck at getting a preorder.

ZeroCDR

I've only gotten Ness pre-ordered so far, just waiting for Amazon for the rest of the non-exclusives.

Not going to lose sleep over Greninja or Jigglypuff, but I'll grab a Jigglypuff if I can catch another shot online or if it's plentiful in store.

RootCause

I was away from the computer and Target puts up Jigglypuff.
I hate everything!
Feel free to use it.
475509.gif

I can't imagine Amazon going down to Amiibo. I mean not even BF can take it down.

AdanVC

Seriously, it's sad to see too much pessimism in this thread about getting upcoming amiibo while NoA keeps doing literally zero to improve and create more figures to meet demand... I was hopeful that wave 4 was taking this long because NoA was hard at work to improve the stock issue but since the Ness apocalypse with Gamestop last week, this just proves that wave 4 will be even harder to get than wave 3. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Woooo, I've got an extra Robin, Lucina, and Jigglypuff preordered. If that doesn't score me a Ness, nothing will.

But still, fuck GameStop for lying about online preorders. I'm still upset at that awful company.

weevles

America is dead last on Nintendo's priority list. We're like some unwanted child that they feel stuck having to care for, so they just give us enough to not completely starve. Their expectations of us are pretty low so it doesn't matter to them either way.

Damn this wave is proving to be a pain. I might actually have to pay above msrp. The only pre-order I didn't get in previous waves was Rosalina but I was able to get her at launch.

izakq

So far for Wave 4, it's only Jigglypuff (x2) from Target and Pac-Man, Ness, and Robin from Amazon.uk. Not too worried about getting Wario and Charzard, but Lucina and especially Greninja are going to be a pain.

Welp I slept through jiggly. This sucks

i was on the site with a greyed out preorder button that apparently worked. i was there, man. i was there.

has brian(with a star) said exactly how the order (preorders?) for later tonight are going to happen? i think he said the links would be hidden, but how do we get the links? or has he decided to do it some other way?

or did the thread drive him away?

It's funny that adult emotions are so fierce over a pink toy of something called "jiggily puff" haha

(I'm not laughing at you guys, I'm laughing with you guys)

weevles

So my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS shipped. Is the only thing Shulk amiibo good for the play coins? I might be able to live with 3 less PC per day, assuming I'm assed out on the restock. :p

Fox Mulder

Seriously, it's sad to see too much pessimism in this thread about getting upcoming amiibo while NoA keeps doing literally zero to improve and create more figures to meet demand... I was hopeful that wave 4 was taking this long because NoA was hard at work to improve the stock issue but since the Ness apocalypse with Gamestop last week, this just proves that wave 4 will be even harder to get than wave 3. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Too much about Nintendo is bullshit these days.

The jakks pacific toys, game cube adapters, 3ds releases, amiibos, even out of print games. This is all after the Wii where Nintendo was so smug that hardcore fans had to internet petition beg for games like xenoblade.

NoA is just a brutally conservative cheap ass company, it's going to cost them their hardcore audience.

weevles

The jakks pacific toys, game cube adapters, 3ds releases, amiibos, even out of print games. This is all after the Wii where Nintendo was so smug that hardcore fans had to internet petition beg for games like xenoblade.

NoA is just a brutally conservative cheap ass company, it's going to cost them their hardcore audience.

Well, they will always have the hardcore audience. It's everyone else that's going to walk away. In the US at least. :p

RootCause

They lose the hardcore audience, and it's over for them in NA. Do we have a breakdown of nintendo's software/hardware sales by regions? Would like to know if they're allocating based on their best markets.

Truth. Although I'm not sure NoA is to blame for that stuff. I think the main office are the ones making all the decisions, good and bad.

America is dead last on Nintendo's priority list. We're like some unwanted child that they feel stuck having to care for, so they just give us enough to not completely starve. Their expectations of us are pretty low so it doesn't matter to them either way.

Which is hilarious when you look at the sales of these things. 63 percent sold solely in the US? Kind of a big market.

Only thing thats going to save that company is the higher ups moving on and being replaced with people who run a proper business before letting bias motivate their decisions.

LiK

pretty much. after Iwata took over the NA side, it's been gone to shit for us.

Will target still have jiggly in store at launch?

Most likely if they handle it like the Rosalina launch, though the amount will vary.

I got my Rosalina in store as I didn't bother pre-ordering her. Main thing to note was that she was posted in their store ad (which mentioned the date as well) so it's safe to assume that they were gonna get her in store aside from online.

Shauni

Dark Pit and Paultena are going to be a bitch, I don't think there's much around that honestly. Ganondorf and Bowser Jr, though, I expect will end up being common/uncommon. ZSS is up in the air to me. A lot of people seem to think she'll be super rare, but I could see her being uncommon like regular Samus was (that figures seems to have been phased out now, but there was a generous period of time where she was relatively easy to find). Barring those three don't get caught in the retailer exclusive bullshit, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom