• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to use Amazon UK for Ness, Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario, and Pac Man. What was originally a backup plan has ended up the only way I'll be able to get these guys. Not complaining though.

Got a Jigglypuff back on Thurs and a Greninja that night, and the Splatoon 3pack from Best Buy the next day. I'm in pretty good shape.

Just bought a second Jigglypuff today for a friend too using a guest account. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled.

Nice! Are you NIB or open collector?

I got the 5 non-exclusive amiibo for preorder on Best Buy. But I'm still gonna try for Amazon whenever that goes up. (It's technically less on Amazon because no tax.) But Best Buy is there as a backup. I haven't been able to preorder anything else.

Those damn exclusives!!!

Nintendo Direct - Post Amiipocalpyse Day 7

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past week since that Direct aired and it isn't over yet for many!

Smash Series

Jigglypuff - Target

Splatoon Series

Splatoon 3-Pack - Best Buy

Got a loooooooooong way to go. Just have had really bad luck so far with being in meetings or unavailable during the time pre-orders go up.

Drago

Nice! Are you NIB or open collector?
Open collector! Even if all my amiibo were from NA I'd still open them. I really like the figures themselves and they look amazing all opened up and displayed next to each other.

Chances are all of my Wave 5/6 amiibo will be from other countries (the goal is to get them all off PygeHD but I'd buy them from anywhere). Those NA delays are depressing.

//ARCANUM

Sigh. Of course when I'm driving to work.

:/

Any angel Gaffers get an extra Jigglypuff they want to sell to another Gaffer for cost + shipping + unlimited karma? :/

kirby_fox

Banned

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past week since that Direct aired and it isn't over yet for many!

1 of 8. With Jigglypuff today I have 1 of the 8. I wound up with that Splatoon 3 pack too since I felt like trades were going to be necessary.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably wind up keeping it and getting the game at some point because of it.

Slowpoke.gif

Was like 15 minutes too late in seeing Jigglypuff went up for preorder.

georly

Yeah I still won't. I'll find a way to get the ones I want without taking one away from someone else.

Well, the plan is to trade for someone's extra greninja, who did the same. I don't feel right about it, but I'll do what I have to do. If I manage to get a greninja through normal means, I'll just sell my jiggly to another gaffer for cost + shipping. I'm not going to scalp it.

Rocky

Banned

Terrible. I haven't been able to get any wave 4 preorders. This is the worst wave yet, and it only keeps getting even worse. I really think I'm almost done with these things, its beyond ridiculous now.

Weevilone

I think that will only happen if the amiibo crazy comes to a sudden stop and everyone stops buying them. Until then these sites will keep crashing or only putting limited number of preorders in the system at a time.

Well, I'm doing my part.. hopefully others will as well.

Nintendo apparently doesn't need our business badly enough to put any effort into making this a reasonable thing. The stuff I did buy has been stuffed into storage until I have time to dump it on Ebay or something.

Terrible. I haven't been able to get any wave 4 preorders. This is the worst wave yet, and it only keeps getting even worse. I really think I'm almost done with these things, its beyond ridiculous now.

At this point I'll consider it a victory to nab Palutena and Zero Suit Samus. Dark Pit, Ganondorf (which I don't anticipate being a tough one to find), Olimar, and Mewtwo are bonuses.

Draxal

Wave 3's only issues were some of the exclusives (shulk's/lucario's instore preorder was up for a while), Wave 4 has been a complete nightmare in the preordering phase.

Well, I just got done chatting with Amazon customer help and they guy had no idea when wave 4 will go up for pre-order. Maybe it varies on the representative, but I didn't get any dates.

Regiruler

What was that rumored Amazon US date?
We're seeing absolutely jackshit so the far-off date is starting to look somewhat likely.

EDIT: Right above me gives evidence against it, but it could still be a ways off.

Here we are over an hour later and my order still says processing. They did charge my card, but I have not seen a confirmation email.

The order is still tied to my account, so there is still hope.

When should I call Target?

RootCause

We're seeing absolutely jackshit so the far-off date is starting to look somewhat likely.

EDIT: Right above me gives evidence against it, but it could still be a ways off.
April 17. Though just keep on checking this thread every now and then.

G0523

April 17th.

I'm finding it weird that Amazon is supposedly planning on putting up preorders that day and Toys R Us will have preorders available in store (only for Greninja and Pac-Man) on April 27.

What's so special about the days ending in 7?

Animekatt

April 17th.

I'm finding it weird that Amazon is supposedly planning on putting up preorders that day and Toys R Us will have preorders available in store (only for Greninja and Pac-Man) on April 27.

What's so special about the days ending in 7?

Lucky 7s.

Why don't amazon just throw the pre-order online already. It's not like their sever can't handle that. zzzz

It seems like Amazon is waiting for their actual allotment numbers so they won't have disappointed customers.

I don't think any retailer has gotten solid numbers yet which is why I'm holding out hope that they're being conservative with their preorder numbers and more will go up everywhere once Nintendo gives retailers the final info.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Damnit. Jiggly is the only wave 4 I don't have preordered. I might as well just get ready to pay scalper prices for that one.

Jobbs

Banned
missed Jiggly again. Having to pay a scalper is looking pretty likely.

I have a couple things on autorefresh/notify continuously, jigglypuff on target was still on there last night -- I saw it, thought "why is this still here? ancient history." and removed it.

Adamantum

Neo Member
IMO, Jiggly wasn't a must have for me this wave, especially because of it's exclusivity.

Ness is my must have, hoping one of the few places I've been able to source one will pan out. If not, I'll be looking to trade for one my MISB Shulks (USA version).

I got my Jiggly order in on the 1st opening of the item. The confirmation email took over a day to get. I submitted my order at 11:24am on April 2nd, didn't get confirmation until shortly after 4pm the next day (April 3rd).

Chairhome

Do you have an account? I never got an email either, but I can view the order, which looks like it's still good, on the website by logging into my account.

I think my wife has an account, so i tried my email and her email to sign in but I must have forgotten the password. I just did it as a guest since I was panicking that it wouldn't go through.

Brian★;159291988 said:
Electronic chains should have it

- Yodobashi Camera
- Yamada Denki
are the two I remember.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the heads up. I'll definitely make a note of heading to those specific stores. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom