• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

It's funny that adult emotions are so fierce over a pink toy of something called "jiggily puff" haha

(I'm not laughing at you guys, I'm laughing with you guys)

I'm laughing at myself. I've never typed "puff"so many times consecutively than when I first missed the Jigglypoo pre-orders a few days back.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh what a terrible day already... Worst part is that Jiggypuff was just the beginning of things to come :/

Shauni

I will definitely see how Wave 4 does retail. Selling out of pre-orders doesn't mean anything if Rosalina is a hint.

Well, I think in the end Wave 3 and Super Mario sold out of preorders, too. Not nearly as fast, obviously, but I'm pretty sure they all did before release date. It really doesn't mean anything, like all waves before it, 4 will have some common/uncommon

Ugh what a terrible day already... Worst part is that Jiggypuff was just the beginning of things to come :/

It's starting to get painful. Every time I try to be a responsible adult and step away from the PC I miss out on some toys :'(
Well, I think in the end Wave 3 and Super Mario sold out of preorders, too. Not nearly as fast, obviously, but I'm pretty sure they all did before release date. It really doesn't mean anything, like all waves before it, 4 will have some common/uncommon
As long as I can get the majority of the commons from American retailers I don't mind importing the exclusives/rares from overseas but right now it's looking bad for everything.

kirby_fox

Banned
It's starting to get painful. Every time I try to be a responsible adult and step away from the PC I miss out on some toys :'(

I was supposed to clean this entire day and do productive things. After jiggly happened to show up by chance, I've been sitting in this chair for way longer than I intended to today.

Every time I step away, I eventually get this nudging feeling moving me to check the computer...

ash321

I was supposed to clean this entire day and do productive things. After jiggly happened to show up by chance, I've been sitting in this chair for way longer than I intended to today.

Every time I step away, I eventually get this nudging feeling moving me to check the computer...

You should get in Line
I'll see myself out.

Pompadour

did pygehd go up?

It was supposed to be for 1000pm EST tonight no?

10pm tonight. Which ones will go up again? Like everyone else, I'm eyeing Lucina and Robin.

By the way, did the amiibo Line room stop taking new members? I'm sure it's just the people in charge are getting hammered with invite requests but I was wondering if they were capping it off for tonight.

kirby_fox

Banned
You should get in Line
I'll see myself out.

I wish it was a texting service. Too many apps tend to kill my phone's battery, and I'd just wind up checking Line anyway.

And since Jiggly wasn't working on mobile, I'll just keep my desktop ready to go.

melman101

We haven't missed Robin / Lucina from Amazon yet right? Nor have we seen a run of Ness on Gamestop.com, nor another run of Greninja on TRU correct?

I got the Jiggly, but I'm still missing those.

Cappa

Banned
10pm tonight. Which ones will go up again? Like everyone else, I'm eyeing Lucina and Robin.

By the way, did the amiibo Line room stop taking new members? I'm sure it's just the people in charge are getting hammered with invite requests but I was wondering if they were capping it off for tonight.

CB-I1qgUMAEXeLp.png

//ARCANUM

Originally Posted by King Awesome

yeah i've been trying to get invited to LINE as well, but have gotten no responses from anyone :/

Just FYI from the Canadian thread, but standalone MP Mario seems to have just shipped. First I was aware of that one shipping out apart from inside the MP10 bundle?

Shauni

As long as I can get the majority of the commons from American retailers I don't mind importing the exclusives/rares from overseas but right now it's looking bad for everything.

I really have no doubt that by mid-June or early July we'll see the commons everywhere in NA. The preorder business is bad, but honestly, I don't think it's going to affect that. I mean, I've been wrong before, but I don't buy the "every amiibo from now on will be a unicorn" theory.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah I'd like to know this as well. Do we just go to the pygehd site? Or will it be a link that get's PM'd or only put in the LINE group or something?

From what I saw Brian talking about earlier today they are going to send out links via LINE chat... the unfortunate thing is I've been requesting to join the LINE group for a few days with no luck. :(

G0523

So, looking at the Pygehd website for costs, and it doesn't seem too terrible if you're willing to spend a bit more on each amiibo. The shipping cost becomes more tolerable with more amiibo you put in your cart.

For example, I put 3 amiibo in my cart, looked at the grand total after tax and shipping and it came out to be about $67, or about $22 per amiibo. That's still not nearly as good as the $14-15 we're used to but it's not in scalper territory so I think we should be okay provided you buy more than 1 amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom