• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this from Gamestop today...but it totally looks like a scam email:

Dear Edag,

Because of an error in our ordering system, your recent Amiibo order is not paid for, and your payment method was never charged. We would like to resolve this issue with you to ensure you get your Amiibo order. At your earliest convenience, please call 1-877-442-6302 so that we may assist you with your order. A team of agents is standing by to assist you. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this issue may cause, and we appreciate your patience.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com

Maitiú

America is dead last on Nintendo's priority list. We're like some unwanted child that they feel stuck having to care for, so they just give us enough to not completely starve. Their expectations of us are pretty low so it doesn't matter to them either way.

The math doesn't add up with your argument. Most amiibo they produce are sent to NA. The problem is that they have one manufacturer to produce 50+ Smash amiibo within a year. They can double the efforts with another plant which will reduce profit margins (potentially annihilate them) or delay the releases to where it would take two years to get the entire Smash set. It's just economics, no need to take it so personally.

Shauni

Even if newegg is the shits with amiibos and such, I think it's a good sign in the sense that maybe we won't have to wait forever to get preorders for Wave 5/6. The wait between Wave 3 and 4 for preorders to come up in North America was just flat out ridiculous.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Will GameStop have Ness at launch too?

YWlvQCU.gif

Almost certainly no.

Even easy to get merchandise they only get in enough to cover pre orders. When majoras mask came out, even though I pre ordered it, they didn't have a copy for me because it was "an online pre order only a few days before launch". And yet, target best buy and probably toys r us(i didn't actually check them) had plenty of stock.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31wbif/email_from_gamestop_everyone_is_talking_about/

It is real, deal with it ASAP

Confirmed by Gamestop reddit verified employees in that reddit link

Blaynevin said:
hello basically what happened is you placed your main order that you paid for but because of the slow computer system your order was placed twice but you only paid for your one order. so you are calling so they can confirm that you want the extra cancelled. i would def do this call just to make sure your main order is ok.
That actually does not seem that bad...
It seems the system ordered it twice and you can not pay the second one or pay for the second one.
What a mess, no wonder it went OOS that quickly.

//ARCANUM

I got this from Gamestop today...but it totally looks like a scam email:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31wbif/email_from_gamestop_everyone_is_talking_about/

It is real, deal with it ASAP

Confirmed by Gamestop reddit verified employees in that reddit link

Wow, it sounds like you might have lucked into an extra order... care to sell that to a fellow gaffer? (me lol)

edit - couldn't the reddit thread also be part of a potential scam? would be a pretty brilliant scam really.

Wow, it sounds like you might have lucked into an extra order... care to sell that to a fellow gaffer? (me lol)

edit - couldn't the reddit thread also be part of a potential scam? would be a pretty brilliant scam really.
Possibly, but a Mod did sticky it so I bet the guy had to prove he was a GS employee.
Worst case is don't respond and they will cancel the second order. That is what happened with Dying Light season pass.

Im pretty sure they would just cancel the second order as the rules were one per customer.

The thread is posted by a Mod and is stickied at the top of the page. Doubtful.

Oh child.

Likely what will happen:
- Gamestop will have just enough for preorders. Stores may not even get any in since this time they're all shipping to homes and not the store.
-TRU could have them out on Thursday
-Target will probably have some in store on launch on Friday, likely anywhere from 6-20. Stores may vary, and I hope someone will be able to check the stock for us on here.

Shauni

Yeah, if I recall, I think Gamestop did a pretty strict "only for pre-orders" amount for most stores for Shulk. But pre-orders did go up several times in-between announce and release, though, so you had plenty of time to get him if you really wanted him (at least, in my experience). Don't know if that'll happen for Ness or not.

Yeah, if I recall, I think Gamestop did a pretty strict "only for pre-orders" amount for most stores for Shulk. But pre-orders did go up several times in-between announce and release, though, so you had plenty of time to get him if you really wanted him (at least, in my experience). Don't know if that'll happen for Ness or not.

We are in a completely different realm here, so we can't use previous Waves to compare.

They have never done these Web in Store pre-orders before as the only way to pre-order a Wave, let alone never put them up on their website.

I honestly think the stock is all gone (if not oversold) and we should be lucky if they don't cancel on anyone.

Finally got it! Thank you!

I originally had one preordered from GameStop but didn't get a chance to go there in time to pick it up. Glad I didn't pay anything for it. But someone got lucky I'm sure. Well now I got it and this time didn't have to pay tax! Woo!

I love when I get these replies when I post new pre-orders and amiibo available.

Makes me happy!

You're very welcome!

I've been on Toad patrol all week lol

Shauni

We are in a completely different realm here, so we can't use previous Waves to compare.

They have never done these Web in Store pre-orders before, let alone never put them up on their website.

I honestly think the stock is all gone (if not oversold) and we should be lucky if they don't cancel on anyone.

Yes, they have. That's how I got several amiibos from them in the past (Little Mac and Toad, and I feel like maybe one more). Web in-store has actually been a thing for little while now.

And it's true, this wave seems to be different, but what else is there to compare it to? In the end, it's all we have.

Also, has anyone actually had their main order canceled? I thought it was only the accidental second orders. Where is that coming from?

Yes, they have. That's how I got several amiibos from them in the past (Little Mac and Toad, and I feel like maybe one more). Web in-store has actually been a thing for little while now.

And it's true, this wave seems to be different, but what else is there to compare it to? In the end, it's all we have.

Also, has anyone actually had their main order canceled? I thought it was only the accidental second orders. Where is that coming from?

Sorry, I should have clarified that they have never done Web in Store as the SOLE WAY to pre-order a Wave.

kirby_fox

Banned
Oh child.

Likely what will happen:
- Gamestop will have just enough for preorders. Stores may not even get any in since this time they're all shipping to homes and not the store.
-TRU could have them out on Thursday
-Target will probably have some in store on launch on Friday, likely anywhere from 6-20. Stores may vary, and I hope someone will be able to check the stock for us on here.

Actually, they could potentially have some. Ness doesn't seem to be a very difficult looking amiibo to make, nothing extra complex on it like Meta Knight. The whole purpose of WIS orders were so that people would walk into the store and they could try to get them to purchase something else while they were there. "Oh hey, this game I wanted to try out is only $5 used. I'll pick it up while I'm here!"

It's kind of the whole point of having an exclusive, and they missed the boat on that with Wave 3.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
It sounds nuts but missing Jiggly twice is near enough to make me sit this shit out for a while.
It's fun sometimes, but then this shit happens and it's...well, just disheartening.

It sounds nuts but missing Jiggly twice is near enough to make me sit this shit out for a while.
It's fun sometimes, but then this shit happens and it's...well, just disheartening.

I know how you feel. I can't sit in front of a computer day and night refreshing firefox every five seconds in hopes of getting one of these things. I had to get Wario and Charizard yesterday from Amazon UK because I couldn't get them at gamestop or anywhere else for that matter. So at least I got something in the meantime, would prefer US releases but oh well

I got a Toad for a friend but don't know if he needed it.

In the rare case he doesn't reply before it ships, I can offer it here for cost plus shipping.

Live your life man, they're just plastic figures. If Nintendo wants us to have them they'll be on shelves like normal products.

... If I don't get my Pacman costume in MK8 though I'll be in the streets flipping cars >:O

Live your life man, they're just plastic figures. If Nintendo wants us to have them they'll be on shelves like normal products.

... If I don't get my Pacman costume in MK8 though I'll be in the streets flipping cars >:O
I will definitely see how Wave 4 does retail. Selling out of pre-orders doesn't mean anything if Rosalina is a hint.

Shauni

Yeah, admittedly, I have been quite lucky in getting the amiibos I want (and a large part of that is due to this thread and LINE, which I'm grateful for), and while the amiibo stuff can get really frustrating sometimes, I just never really let it make me all that mad. I got kind of mad about the Ness stuff mainly because I thought having to stand in line for like an hour is utterly dumb, but eh, I just don't let the collecting of this stuff get to me. Even the fact that I never managed to get a Captain Falcon, which I did really want, isn't that big of a deal to me.

Samaritan

I was out of the house when Jiggly went up this morning, so I still haven't been able to snag her. If anyone managed to get an extra and would like to do a trade for a new in box Little Mac, I'd be so down for that.

EDIT: Spoken for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom