• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Meanwhile Amazon continues to look calm and pretty with its updated Amiibo pages....
Wish everything had gone up at the same time. Would've given me the chance to grab something. The scalpers have reloaded. They're just waiting to unleash their next assault. :/

TheGrue

Meanwhile Amazon continues to look calm and pretty with its updated Amiibo pages....

I've gotten the vast majority of Amiibos through Amazon. Often get it later than others, but I've gotten them. Only exceptions were some Wave 2 ones that I was able to see in a store before they ever said they were going to ship.

Yeah, this is getting kind of disgusting. 7 minutes or whatever it was up for. Typical Target bullshit... I'm not too upset. I'm not crazy about Jiggly, and it's for the best I don't blow the little money I have on trying to complete the Smash set (Gamestop never came through w/ my Ike/D3 even w/ 2 separate preorders).

And now with basically every game having amiibo? hahahahaha, oh Nintendo. I'm out.

VICI0US

wow so jigglypuff got

1) announced as a retail exclusive

and

2) put up for pre-order and sold out

while I slept. good times.

Nori Chan

Well...to cheer everybody up ;_;

P9Hcd5c.jpg

So Ness is open at 12 pm PDT... I guess I could go during my lunch hour to pre-order him though it'd be easier to just do it online actually.

Hmm...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If GCU discount works on the set then that will be a pretty great deal. $28 (before tax) for three Amiibos!

Heck yeah.

So let's say your sales tax is 7 percent. Buying three Amiibos at $12.99 would cost a total of $41.70.

But using GCU on the Splatoon three-pack will cost just $29.95! You save almost $12. It's like getting a free Amiibo. So good

Kalyst

Neo Member
What genders would Yoshi be considered? I want the pink one for my fem line of amiibos but isnt yoshis boys? O_O

RootCause

Heck yeah.

So let's say your sales tax is 7 percent. Buying three Amiibos at $12.99 would cost a total of $41.70.

But using GCU on the Splatoon three-pack will cost just $29.95! You save almost $12. It's like getting a free Amiibo. So good
Sweet! That's how much I'd save if I had GCU. I really should get in the program.

Frogstep

Welp, called in sick just so I can go to GameStop and make sure I don't miss Ness and all of the non-exclusives. Too bad Jigglypuff is gone now.

Fuckin amiibo.

Crom

I hate Amiibo today :(

Overreacting Byron is overreacting

I offered a similar deal when I missed out on Gold Mario. No one took me up on it and then a few days later I snagged Gold Mario when he came back up.

Wal-Mart actually handled their exclusive online much better than Target did with Rosalina. They put it up multiple times.

Hopefully Jigglypuff is put up multiple times (unlike Rosalina)

Stay calm until the dust settles and eventually someone will have a fair trade for you on Jigglypuff if you can't get one. Maybe it will take something like Pit to get one instead of a Villager.

I may have to trade for Jigglypuff eventually also if Target doesn't put it back up

fernoca

The post earlier about a bundle at Gamestop.com...any truth?

I might jump into that since I'm planning to get them all anyway.

Halabane

I am willing to trade any one of my Wave 1 or 2 NIB NA Amiibo or Gold Mario or Shulk

FOR

1 Jigglypuff Pre-Order

Don't panic. Stay in the loop. More opportunities for preorders or getting them in the store will probably happen. Retailers want you in the store not just buying one product on line.

Haven't posted in a while since i was letting my Amiibo funds recharge (lol) but quick question for you guys who preordered Toad at Gamestop. Did you guys already get yours?

Well...to cheer everybody up ;_;

P9Hcd5c.jpg

Want these SO hard... I will leave them in the box too. As long as the boxes are not smashed to shit. :/

I get torn because part of me says I need to stop collecting the SSB amiibos for my own sanity. But then they work on other games. Or I genuinely like those characters. And then I'm just like... fuck. Then what's the point of getting rid of the couple of other ones I just care slightly less about? May as well keep them all.

*sigh*

RootCause

Hopefully Amazon will be up today too. With my luck they'll put them up during work and be all gone by the time I can check. :(
I want to get them through Amazon. They aren't perfect, but they haven't flaked on any of my amiibos yet.
BB, and GS have.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I think about it, is there a chance the Yarn Yoshi might be common? My line of thought when it comes to amiibo is "the more popular the character is with the general public, the more common they'll be", & Yoshi is already rather common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom