• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...So much for GAME. Guess the only way its possible to get Jigg or Greninja is to pay a scalper which I refuse to do. It's too bad other people do it.

I'm willing to bet that there's quite a few UK scalpers too for our stuff.

Think about it, when's the last time we actually had an online preorder site that locked it to the US region?

Lunarian

Neo Member
It says no internationl shipping but what if I order it anyways with the shipping address addressed to the US??? It's letting me complete my order...iirc

Velcro Fly

Yeah I don't blame em for locking out international orders. Probably saves the site from going down and saves them from having a ton of pissed off people.

The Jigglypuff Quest continues on though

Ulysses 31

Got a fraud error at payment but paypal did submit an order for payment to game.

Hmmm didn't get no order confirmation and the items are still in my basket. 0o

And I'm not in the UK btw so maybe they do ship to other EU countries.

weevles

Isn't America their biggest market, if we're talking both console and handheld?

Or is the 3DS still putting Japan in the #1 spot?

Based on what I've seen in sales threads, America supports Nintendo as much or more than anyone else. I wonder why we often get the shaft, at least in comparison.

I don't think Nintendo cares if America is the biggest market. They don't do anything in consideration of America. Of course they are going to be Japan-centric, but you'd think a company with global reach would at least try to make sense of what each market wants/needs and allocate resources accordingly.

Damn, 220 pages already and I've barely posted haha. And last topic I was 27th on the wall of shame.

Anyway, has anyone NOT got their Jigglypuff confirmation email yet? I ordered mine this morning (after many issues) and while it shows up in my order history (desktop version only though, not on mobile...) I've yet to get one... Kinda worried. :\

RootCause

Damn, 220 pages already and I've barely posted haha. And last topic I was 27th on the wall of shame.

Anyway, has anyone NOT got their Jigglypuff confirmation email yet? I ordered mine this morning (after many issues) and while it shows up in my order history (desktop version only though, not on mobile...) I've yet to get one... Kinda worried. :
Wouldn't worry too much, but you do have an order number, maybe call support, and have them check up on the status of the order.

I don't think Nintendo cares if America is the biggest market. They don't do anything in consideration of America. Of course they are going to be Japan-centric, but you'd think a company with global reach would at least try to make sense of what each market wants/needs and allocate resources accordingly.

I really enjoyed that Nintendo's reaction to America buying 2/3 of all amiibos (not even including imports) was to ask "how can we sell more in Japan" rather than "hey maybe we should figure out how to come even a little closer to America's demand".

The gulf in sales of amiibos between the US and JP is so huge that even substantially increasing demand in Japan is really not going to do nearly as much as satisfying US's demand, but they don't seem to care.

ash321

I really enjoyed that Nintendo's reaction to America buying 2/3 of all amiibos (not even including imports) was to ask "how can we sell more in Japan" rather than "hey maybe we should figure out how to come even a little closer to America's demand".

The gulf in sales of amiibos between the US and JP is so huge that even substantially increasing demand in Japan is really not going to do nearly as much as satisfying US's demand, but they don't seem to care.
I think it is because a lot of Nintendo investor reside in Japan. Which is why they are fking idiot when it come to globalization.

RootCause

Nintendo wants to sell to those that don't want it. Brilliant idea.

Man, both my credit cards and my PayPal payment were flagged as 'Fraud Failure' on GAME's website. Was trying to see if I'd be able to complete the order despite their message on no international shipping.

Crumbtiny

Anyway, has anyone NOT got their Jigglypuff confirmation email yet? I ordered mine this morning (after many issues) and while it shows up in my order history (desktop version only though, not on mobile...) I've yet to get one... Kinda worried. :

I'm in the same boat. Earlier someone said it took them a day or two to get their confirmation email. So I wouldn't worry yet! And you still have your order number, so I'd just give it a day or two yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom