• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor sure if I should go with
PygeHD
or wait for Amazon to get my Inkling girl. I have her on shopto, but I'm worried about them fulfilling. The struggle.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nor sure if I should go with PygeHD or wait for Amazon to get my Inkling girl. I have her on shopto, but I'm worried about them fulfilling. The struggle.

There is no more discussion about that website allowed in this thread.

Nor sure if I should go with PygeHD or wait for Amazon to get my Inkling girl. I have her on shopto, but I'm worried about them fulfilling. The struggle.

goodone1.gif

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Man GAME is getting hit HARD right now. Just trying to log in and it's already crashing.

Definitely going for Lucas, since at the rate things have been going he'll probably be exclusive to Applebees in the US

EDIT: IS THIS TRUE? :(

dfUiYth.png

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Way I see it, it can't hurt at this point to be on Amazon at that time, as it's reasonable for most (even if you sneak on at work, let's be honest it's better than what we've had) and then if not worry about figuring out the next move. I mean, it's TOMORROW.

RootCause

Exactly. So nobody blame me please if it doesn't happen. Blame amazon reps that say different things.
No one should put the blame on you. You're just relaying the info. It's up to everyone to manage expectations. I'll keep an eye out for it, if it comes great, if it doesn't so be it. Thanks posting it.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Well Gamestop is gonna give up on him soon enough as soon as they fill out the orders. Retailers are regretting getting in on this whole fiasco.

I disagree. It's hurting people on the retail level, sure, but Nintendo and every retailer with an exclusive are making MAD profits from amiibo, whether or not they're meeting demand.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Can it honestly get worse than it already is now? I feel like Mewtwo is going to sell out just as fast as Jigglypuff.... I just feel like the general public has caught on that this is easy $.... I just want the whole collection of Smash :(

Can it honestly get worse than it already is now? I feel like Mewtwo is going to sell out just as fast as Jigglypuff.... I just feel like the general public has caught on that this is easy $.... I just want the whole collection of Smash :(
Yes it can get worse. Do not think otherwise.

If true I will be here, perfect time as a matter of fact, just hope its true.just need splatoon 3 pack and pacman, oh and Ness if its even available

Whoever was talking to that rep is a complete moron. In addition to that crap I have seen in-stores, I've become ashamed to be collecting these things. I was thinking Microsoft had the worst fans but this amiibo clusterfuck has convinced me that some Nintendo fans are the worst in the gaming community.

Geedorah

Whoever was talking to that rep is a complete moron. In addition to that crap I have seen in-stores, I've become ashamed to be collecting these things. I was thinking Microsoft had the worst fans but this amiibo clusterfuck has convinced me that some Nintendo fans are the worst in the gaming community.

People suck. Period. Has nothing to do with the console they enjoy, or the genre they prefer. Everyone can go eat a dick.

That's why I doubt the story, no one in amazon chat said they are ever notified about when items will be available on their site..and that person should never be cussing out the rep, he was only trying to help, he probably just made up a time just to get rid of him

I disagree. It's hurting people on the retail level, sure, but Nintendo and every retailer with an exclusive are making MAD profits from amiibo, whether or not they're meeting demand.

I know Nintendo is, but I doubt retailers are making money off of these products. They dont make a whole lot on new games as is, now they are getting even less of a cut. Retailers are going out of their way to not stock the items and retailers going towards an in store online function just to try and phase them out. Their images are taking a huge hit over this mess and it's only going to get worse. Thousands of people cursing their names over something that they probably are making a minimal profit isn't something they look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom