• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
I kick myself for not buying the other two WFT that I found at Target that first day everyone was going on about them being discontinued.

Also had a little mac that I cancelled from Best Buy when I found it in store at TRU

Fuck I could have traded them for store exclusives I miss :(

When the rumors were going around, I had an interview in an area of town with very little traffic. On my way home there was a Walmart and I thought "Why not? I'll just walk around and see what they have."

They had like 6-10 of them alone on a random end cap in electronics. I only bought the one I have.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Take this the the LARGEST of salt grains, I'm talking Diggeh brand salt grains.
Store manager reporting to a friend of mine that their store (Best Buy) will be getting a solid stock of Wave 4 amiibo, similar in stock to the SMB series, of which the only one I can't find is Toad.

RootCause

Store manager reporting to a friend of mine that their store (Best Buy) will be getting a solid stock of Wave 4 amiibo, similar in stock to the SMB series, of which the only one I can't find is Toad.
That would be so swell. Especially for Robin, and Lucina. Let it be true.

goldenpp72

I think most stores will have good stock for ones like Charizard or Wario, did he specificlaly mention any of the less likely ones?

Nori Chan

i feel like diggeh has like 5 different posts in his repertoire

gifs, check out best ot, some picture of him, and links to the sites

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I think most stores will have good stock for ones like Charizard or Wario, did he specificlaly mention any of the less likely ones?

He made it sound like it was a pretty regulated number of each, but I'd assume there will still be a couple more common than others. The direct comparison to the SMB series wave leads me to believe it's the same all around roughly, but I heard it second hand so hard to say just what he meant exactly.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
i feel like diggeh has like 5 different posts in his repertoire

gifs, check out best ot, some picture of him, and links to the sites

3FlQpZT.png

Check out Best OT!

Ls0QFOr.gif

It's almost 12, time to give myself a break from all this site refreshing and watch a tv show.

20 minutes later.

well, it's just after 12 and... I missed Jigglypuff, again. I don't even have an excuse this time since I am home and the tab was open! Sigh...

Real life has too many variables. I wish life was as simple as a children's book.

ChaosXVI

Damn! Missed Jigglypuff again! By a good hour this time so it's not so bad...earlier today it was by like 2 minutes, that was way worse.

It's too bad these companies don't want even more money and just ship anywhere in the world. /sigh :(

It's worse that they dont realize that the people buying internationally are the ones that are the fans that are dedicated enough to pay more for the product, rather than the scalpers who wont take that kind of hit.

CorvoSol

It's too bad these companies don't want even more money and just ship anywhere in the world. /sigh :(

Much as I hate getting cockblocked by it, I think it's the only fair move to make, really. Sure confining Merica to its chances sucks, but it keeps America from going berserk across the global market.

So it makes America's sitch worse, but it keeps the global one from getting worse.

Much as I hate getting cockblocked by it, I think it's the only fair move to make, really. Sure confining Merica to its chances sucks, but it keeps America from going berserk across the global market.

So it makes America's sitch worse, but it keeps the global one from getting worse.

So the largest market for these things by far.

This is eventually going to explode.

CorvoSol

So the largest market for these things by far.

This is eventually going to explode.

Of course it is. One way or another, Nintendo is eventually going to stop supporting Amiibos and I just hope the scalpers are still holding the bag and left with storehouses of tulip bulbs when the bubble bursts.

I got an extra Toad that I was going to return. Let me know if you're interested, cost +shipping.

Shun

Yes, amiibo colonialism is only going to harm things and make things worse.

In order to succeed in amiibonomics, you need to understand the value of prior investment. By investing time and dedicating yourself, you'll be able to get the amiibo you want. However with so many people investing time, you will temporarily crash the market and buying up all the stock. However with this system, stock can be replenished in-store later down the line after online stock is fulfilled as a means of gauging interest. The delays are an indication of that and so are the later waves.

If we were to allow international shipping and allow North American customers to perform to heinous act of amiibo colonialism, we would inevitably flood the market with people using the law of prior investment and these North American investors will eventually buy up the international stock. Once that stock is breached, there will be such a large differential that it will be impossible to Nintendo LTD to meet demand on time through their factories in China. We call this phenomenon of stock drought, amiibo Black Monday.

In order to prevent a global amiibo Black Monday and contain within North America, retailers are forced to deny international orders. Once amiibo Black Monday is reached, we may see stock plummet and supply will never meet demand ever again. The winners are those of amiibo Wall Street whom resell stock at higher prices and we see an amiibo depression region wide which hurts the average consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom