• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Ness in the cart, ready to order and...couldn't justify doing it with MightyApe's shipping price. I hope I can get a Ness (International or otherwise) for cheaper or for Greninja trade later on.

I found out...getting multiples of a single one makes the price MUCH more reasonable (it only adds a couple bucks per duplicate added. So if you have friends, or people to trade with...might be worth it...

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Sorry for the insane shipping price tho.

Are you seriously apologizing for the conversion rate and international shipping just because you're from Aus.? That's really considerate of you, but it's hardly anything you control. Haha.

I found out...getting multiples of a single one makes the price MUCH more reasonable (it only adds a couple bucks per duplicate added. So if you have friends, or people to trade with...might be worth it...
This. That's why I got 2, one to trade and it meant I wasn't paying 50 bucks for an amiibo.

Megatron

I missed a chance at Villager? Am i hearing this right?

Amiibo_Villager%20birda_zps5e6szw26.jpg

Regards, Nintendo.

Ryfferr

Are you seriously apologizing for the conversion rate and international shipping just because you're from Aus.? That's really considerate of you, but it's hardly anything you control. Haha.

This. That's why I got 2, one to trade and it meant I wasn't paying 50 bucks for an amiibo.

Nah I live in NZ.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member

...I just had an idea. Maybe have someone buy a wanted Amiibo in bulk, and have other members that wanted one chip in to get one? Cause paying $32 for a Ness sure as hell beats paying $50.

Megatron

...I just had an idea. Maybe have someone buy a wanted Amiibo in bulk, and have other members that wanted one chip in to get one? Cause paying $32 for a Ness sure as hell beats paying $50.

That only works if you all live close to each other. Otherwise you're paying to ship the Amiibos to the other Gaffers.

Popnbake

Olimar, bowser jr and dr mario for a july release.

In Australia wave 5 is greninja and jigglypuff. (may)

Wave 6 is dark pitt, paultena, zero suit and gannondorf (june)

wave 7 oilmar, dr mario and bowser jr (july)

ZSS, the only amiibo I want, is coming out soon?...

Have I missed the pre-orders? When does it start for NA?? D:

I may have an extra Ness...if someone in MN got an extra Jigglypuff...I'd LOVE to make a deal....can't seem to get a Jiggly :(

goldenpp72

Tried to order through game UK, my order is not going through. It looks like something on their end, not even PayPal is being accepted.

If you're from outside the UK, it won't work anymore. If you are in the UK though.. Not sure why that would be happening.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I may have an extra Ness...if someone in MN got an extra Jigglypuff...I'd LOVE to make a deal....can't seem to get a Jiggly :(

You in the MN amiibo hunter Facebook group too? Haha.

Unrelated: MightyApe seems to have charged me immediately. If it's cancelled, that's refunded right?

starmud

well... if nothing else this wave... i have a gold mario and ness to try and trade for robin and jigglypuff @___@ pissed i missed all three jigglypuff openings by minutes.

Totally random fact of the day:

EB Games AU's 'hot right now' section for 3DS shows:

1. Ganondorf amiibo
2. Zero Suit Samus amiibo
3. Dark Pit amiibo
4. Greninja amiibo
5. Palutena amiibo

Dark Pit's position in that list is surprising to say the least.

You in the MN amiibo hunter Facebook group too? Haha.

Unrelated: MightyApe seems to have charged me immediately. If it's cancelled, that's refunded right?

Didn't realize there was one?
As for charging...I would assume...companies can't just take money and not give you what you paid for...they seem super legit, so I wouldn't worry.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Totally random fact of the day:

EB Games AU's 'hot right now' section for 3DS shows:

1. Ganondorf amiibo
2. Zero Suit Samus amiibo
3. Dark Pit amiibo
4. Greninja amiibo
5. Palutena amiibo

Dark Pit's position in that list is surprising to say the least.

I don't think it is. People like me who missed vanilla Pit want that guy more than most others in that wave. Ganondorf is confirming my fears however...

CKD5989

Didn't realize there was one?
As for charging...I would assume...companies can't just take money and not give you what you paid for...they seem super legit, so I wouldn't worry.

Nice. Glad to hear they come recommended. Will keep on eye out for a cheaper Ness but at least I don't have to stress about it.

Alright I got serious about getting a Luigi and Diddy.

Got Diddy from Ozgameshop easy.

Found a Luigi from a Japanese eBay seller.

Both were ~$24 and both had free shipping so I am happy.

That makes my Smash Bros set complete (including preorders for all announced ones). Feels good to be worry free about these things.

Now I wait for them to arrive.

AdanVC

So tempting to preorder wave 4 from Mighty Ape... I'm in Mexico. But dat shippin' price... Fuuuuuuuuuuuu what should I do

I personally think Splatoon amiibos will be pretty common. Of course this means nothing lol

If Nintendo were smart they'd massively over-produce the Splatoon amiibos. Would definitely help drive awareness of the game amongst multiple sub-markets. But it's Nintendo so they'll make 4 of each.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Alright. Braving sleep, hoping Amazon preorders don't go up before I wake up. The fate of my future as an Amiibo collector rests on my ability to nab these preorders. o/ May lady luck smile upon me.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Alright I got serious about getting a Luigi and Diddy.

Got Diddy from Ozgameshop easy.

Found a Luigi from a Japanese eBay seller.

Both were ~$24 and both had free shipping so I am happy.

That makes my Smash Bros set complete (including preorders for all announced ones). Feels good to be worry free about these things.

Where on earth do you live that Luigi and Diddy are not in piles at your local store?

So tempting to preorder wave 4 from Mighty Ape... I'm in Mexico. But dat shippin' price... Fuuuuuuuuuuuu what should I do

mutiple amiibo make it more reasonable, but only so much.

Ryfferr

Where on earth do you live that Luigi and Diddy are not in piles at your local store?

mutiple amiibo make it more reasonable, but only so much.

Ozgameshop is an Australian site.

Please Understand. Oceania's stock situation is real crappy that NintendoAUNZ resorted to importing amiibo from Japan and Europe.

Feels good don't it?

Australia.

They announced restocks for us but after a couple months it's pretty much just been Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Link, Peach, and most recently, Zelda.

My patience ran out.

Question, have you preordered Lucas and Mewtwo yet?

Of course!

I love how simple it is for us to get preorders. Catching up on wave 1 and 2 was very painful though. Thankfully I got Marth and Pit the like from Germany while they were still easy enough to find.

D-Stubbs

Did Jigglypuff go up multiple times today? I know it went up around 11am CT, has it popped up at other times too? Just curious to know, been at work all day and every once in a while when I checked the thread I thought I saw people talking about it coming back up online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom