• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKD5989

Is anyone having problems with GAME.co.uk with trying to pay with PayPal? Every time I click PayPal, it shows a bunch of errors...

Yeah man. I tried a credit card, debit card and PayPal, all of which were rejected. I'm crossing my fingers they opens things up but making other plans is probably the best option.

-Horizon-

Yes, amiibo colonialism is only going to harm things and make things worse.

In order to succeed in amiibonomics, you need to understand the value of prior investment. By investing time and dedicating yourself, you'll be able to get the amiibo you want. However with so many people investing time, you will temporarily crash the market and buying up all the stock. However with this system, stock can be replenished in-store later down the line after online stock is fulfilled as a means of gauging interest. The delays are an indication of that and so are the later waves.

If we were to allow international shipping and allow North American customers to perform to heinous act of amiibo colonialism, we would inevitably flood the market with people using the law of prior investment and these North American investors will eventually buy up the international stock. Once that stock is breached, there will be such a large differential that it will be impossible to Nintendo LTD to meet demand on time through their factories in China. We call this phenomenon of stock drought, amiibo Black Monday.

In order to prevent a global amiibo Black Monday and contain within North America, retailers are forced to deny international orders. Once amiibo Black Monday is reached, we may see stock plummet and supply will never meet demand ever again. The winners are those of amiibo Wall Street whom resell stock at higher prices and we see an amiibo depression region wide which hurts the average consumer.
This is why I didn't major in amiibology.

saturnine

Hello, please pardon me to intrude in this den of madness, but I am here to hear the wisdom of its insightful denizens :

(euro here) on a scale of 1 to 10, how much am I fucked about getting my hands on these splatoon amiibos ?

Hello, please pardon me to intrude in this den of madness, but I am here to hear the wisdom of its insightful denizens :

(euro here) on a scale of 1 to 10, how much am I fucked about getting my hands on these splatoon amiibos ?

We don't know how rare they're going to be yet... we keep seeing them pop up. At the moment I'd say 5?

CorvoSol

Yes, amiibo colonialism is only going to harm things and make things worse.

In order to succeed in amiibonomics, you need to understand the value of prior investment. By investing time and dedicating yourself, you'll be able to get the amiibo you want. However with so many people investing time, you will temporarily crash the market and buying up all the stock. However with this system, stock can be replenished in-store later down the line after online stock is fulfilled as a means of gauging interest. The delays are an indication of that and so are the later waves.

If we were to allow international shipping and allow North American customers to perform to heinous act of amiibo colonialism, we would inevitably flood the market with people using the law of prior investment and these North American investors will eventually buy up the international stock. Once that stock is breached, there will be such a large differential that it will be impossible to Nintendo LTD to meet demand on time through their factories in China. We call this phenomenon of stock drought, amiibo Black Monday.

In order to prevent a global amiibo Black Monday and contain within North America, retailers are forced to deny international orders. Once amiibo Black Monday is reached, we may see stock plummet and supply will never meet demand ever again. The winners are those of amiibo Wall Street whom resell stock at higher prices and we see an amiibo depression region wide which hurts the average consumer.

Eagerly awaiting to see how people reconcile The Great Amiibwar and the ensuing Cold Amiibwar in which people sit in front of the screen but nobody is ready to scalp all of the world's stock of Diddy Kong.

This is why I didn't major in amiibology.

You need to understand Amiibolitical Science more than you do Amiibiology.

HardRojo

I'd say your chances go from 2 Marth to 4 Villager.
I have no idea what I'm saying.

Koppai

Where is the billing to though? If it's billing outside of the UK the order will not go through...many have tried...all have failed...

Mine worked, it shows the Paypal address as the same address that I put for the order. But it doesn't matter. I think my order is safe :)

-Horizon-

Eagerly awaiting to see how people reconcile The Great Amiibwar and the ensuing Cold Amiibwar in which people sit in front of the screen but nobody is ready to scalp all of the world's stock of Diddy Kong.

You need to understand Amiibolitical Science more than you do Amiibiology.
A degree in amiibolitical science doesn't get you a job :/

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Tempting but dangerous...those shipping prices...you realllllly have to order in bulk to get the price even close to not insane...

As it stands I'd be paying 30 per Ness x2 to pay 60...it's a lot, but then I could rest knowing I have trade fodder to give up on the rest of this pre-order stuff.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
kq4lygi.png

There is no way this can be my only option. :/ Maybe I should just hold my breath and hope for the best...

Koppai

I dunno I just checked it. When I look at the order and billing address it just put whatever I wanted for the order. Paypal asked me if this was the address I wanted to use because it is different from my home address and I clicked yes. (I am using a forwarding service ofcourse...)

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So hey, anyone who got an order through with TRU, can you STILL only view your order via the tracking number, and not directly in your account? This is freaking me out, as it's my Greninja order...

MicH

I'm happy that GAME UK shut off international orders and I don't even live in the UK. They always get their stock taken by foreigners - just look at Amazon UK!

It probably helps that I have all amiibo pre-ordered so far - wave 4 through 6, Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi :p

Koppai

I'm happy that GAME UK shut off international orders and I don't even live in the UK. They always get their stock taken by foreigners - just look at Amazon UK!

It probably helps that I have all amiibo pre-ordered so far - wave 4 through 6, Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi :p

Yeah you aren't sounding like an "amiibro" right now though. I have Yarn Yoshi ordered from Amazon Germany, and Greninja from Game.

Meatwad

So hey, anyone who got an order through with TRU, can you STILL only view your order via the tracking number, and not directly in your account? This is freaking me out, as it's my Greninja order...

It was like this with my Lucario order in December and that shipped fine. I wouldn't worry

ZeroX03

Banned
Yes Mighty Ape is reliable but you might as well pay scalpers at that pricing. Also the Australian website will probably be cheaper than .co.nz.

I think international shipping used to be more reasonable but Mighty Ape got hammered by Europeans importing N3DSes so they switched to international priority. They also started charging shipping per item instead of flat rate last year which further hurt amiibo.

Busaiku

Eh forget it, not worth it to play Codename S.T.E.A.M. earlier.
I figure I'll try my chances on Target with Jigglypuff, but if not, I'll wait for prices to collapse.

Just hope this Amazon seller does let me cancel as well...

MicH

Yeah you aren't sounding like an "amiibro" right now though. I have Yarn Yoshi ordered from Amazon Germany, and Greninja from Game.
After having read posts by UKers saying they missed Amazon UK, ShopTo and (previously) GAME pre-orders because of international buyers made me sad. Same goes for everywhere else so I'm glad for them

It doesn't help that MANY order two "just in case" or for reading purposes.

Fox Mulder

I can live with it for things like this, but I love amazon UK for region free blurays and would hate to get cut off. I imported Disney movies in the vault bullshit here, paid less, and they've also had Aladdin forever.

Nintendo isnt the only company that shits on the US.

Maitiú

If 10 is uberfucked, then I'd say somewhere around 1. More than likely, splatoon amiibo are being produced in the second plant (the same one that did the mario series amiibo). That plant isn't on a crazy schedule of producing 50+ characters within a year, so Nintendo has time to produce larger volumes.

MicH

I can live with it for things like this, but I love amazon UK for region free blurays. I imported Disney movies in the vault bullshit here, plus they've also had Aladdin forever.

Nintendo isnt the only company that shits on the US.
Oh yeah, I order a ton of stuff from Amazon UK too (especially Studio Ghibli blu rays as they aren't getting released here), but I think they're just stopping international shipping of amiibo (in the case of the other EU Amazons) - likely because a lot of them are going overseas

ZeroX03

Banned
FYI Mighty Ape is super reliable and you're paying for high quality shipping however they are known to oversell pre orders a little bit. As they don't charge a deposit they often get a big amount of cancellations the day before. So just a word of warning. It's first come first served afaik

CKD5989

Oh yeah, I order a ton of stuff from Amazon UK too (especially Studio Ghibli blu rays as they aren't getting released here), but I think they're just stopping international shipping of amiibo (in the case of the other EU Amazons) - likely because a lot of them are going overseas

Would they cancel international orders already made?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
FYI Mighty Ape is super reliable and you're paying for high quality shipping however they are known to oversell pre orders a little bit. As they don't charge a deposit they often get a big amount of cancellations the day before. So just a word of warning. It's first come first served afaik

When would they charge me? It seems any Paypal pre-orders I have placed are all held funds...

Ultimadrago

I had Ness in the cart, ready to order and...couldn't justify doing it with MightyApe's shipping price. I hope I can get a Ness (International or otherwise) for cheaper or for Greninja trade later on.

GAME has Jigglypuff and Greninja and even though I think it can be delivered to the US for the price they are offering it for with shipping its just not worth it

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Day before release and shipment like Amazon. Could be different for international orders. Your money is safe either way.

Placed order then saw they ship April 25. Forgot they get them that much earlier. Gotta jot that down to ensure Paypal has the money in it that week. THANKS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom