• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cider

Ugh I wanna get the FE amiibos because I know Nintendo will pull some asshole moves and make them necessary for the new FE game but 20 plus shipping is so expensive :( I'm just a broke college kid

Ugh I wanna get the FE amiibos because I know Nintendo will pull some asshole moves and make them necessary for the new FE game but 20 plus shipping is so expensive :( I'm just a broke college kid

drop out of college and save some money. then buy your amiibo.

Fushin

I really needed meta and DDD so I ordered. It's over retail but at least it's not to a scalper and now I have all the Amiibo I'll need for Rainbow Curse.

EnemaEms

Banned
Just placed an order for Ness, Lucina and Pit. I paid with Paypal and got confirmation email from them but nothing from Paypal. Anything special you have to do for Paypal orders on Playasia? Or will they charge when the items ship?
Any time I placed a pre-order with Paypal, I got charged at the time of purchase.

Exile20

Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo and Inkling Girl amiibo
£59.99
http://www.game.co.uk/en/splatoon-w...0?pageSize=40&searchTerm=splatoon&catGroupId=

385516_wiu_b.png

amiibo Clear Case
US$ 9.99
amiibo-clear-case-406815.1.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-clear-case-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pwf.html?affiliate_id=134740

amiibo Clear Case (Large Size)
US$ 14.99
amiibo-clear-case-large-size-406817.1.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-clear-case-large-size-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pwh.html?affiliate_id=134740

Busaiku

So is Play Asia usually able to fulfill all its orders? Or are there frequent cancellations?
I figure these prices aren't too bad.

Boogiepop

Wait, so you can't cancel amiibo on Play Asia? This... is a tougher call. Not so sure mow, since there's still a chance of getting them both sooner and cheaper...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wait, so you can't cancel amiibo on Play Asia? This... is a tougher call. Not so sure mow, since there's still a chance of getting them both sooner and cheaper...

I figure I pay for it now and I'll never have to worry about them ever again. You're paying for piece of mind, pretty much.

Yeah I could get bent out of shape about paying less if some of these become common or something, but at least I won't be freaking out about not having preorders for some of these until release date. No standing in line or anything.

Course I usually value my time more than I value my money these days, so do what you need to do, I guess.

CorvoSol

Game keeps giving me "FRAUD FAILURE" codes even though I've put in accurate info every time.

So I assume that's just it's way of saying "but you're in America, nice try getting this far."

Boogiepop

I figure I pay for it now and I'll never have to worry about them ever again. You're paying for piece of mind, pretty much.

Yeah I could get bent out of shape about paying less if some of these become common or something, but at least I won't be freaking out about not having preorders for some of these until release date. No standing in line or anything.

Course I usually value my time more than I value my money these days, so do what you need to do, I guess.
Yeah. And I'm definitely not expecting them to be common. But I still need to get preorders for the other two exclusives and the other three non-exclusives, so it doesn't even free me from having to watch all this stuff. Still a tough call though, for me. Wish they didn't have that rule, even if I totally get why it's there.

Parshias7

Has anyone ordered an amiibo from play-asia before and had problems with their order? I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on this batch to get it out of the way, but I sure hope I'm not gonna get any bad news in a couple months.

georly

Better to pay play-asia than scalpers, honestly. It's a good sign that these are being re-released. They'll hopefully get the same treatment in the US (which will probably all be bought up by scalpers) but the more supply, the lower the price that scalpers can ask for it.... Hopefully we reach the point where it's not worth scalper's time to do it.

shandy706

It really sucks the scalpers took over Amazon Japan. Ugh :(

I got Shulk and Ike that way....and only paid like $24 for them imported. This time figures like Lucina are $30-$40+ before import shipping.

RootCause

Those clear cases are too pricey. Like seriously. I'd rather wait for a generic brand, or get the bat display, which looks amazing.

shandy706

How do I check my order status at Play-Asia if I'm not a member?

Probably an order # through any e-mail you got.

Edit** The joke Ebay auction I put up has given me some hilarious messages from people. People really aren't intelligent....and have horrible reading comprehension. How much more obvious could it be.

Has anyone ordered an amiibo from play-asia before and had problems with their order? I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on this batch to get it out of the way, but I sure hope I'm not gonna get any bad news in a couple months.

Never any issues. Got Rosie and a few others there. Great business

For play asia, you pay when you pre order and you cannot cancel the order correct?

For an extra $16 + ship, I might order Robin and Lucina. I don't mind waiting two more months.

Managed to get Lucina, Robin and Ness, so I guess I can stop worrying for now...or not since I don't have a Jigglypuff :(

Picked up the same three. I'm still going to try and nab the rest of Wave 4, but these were the ones I was most interested in.

Also, for others ordering from Play-Asia, please keep in mind that their economy shipping on Amiibos usually requires a signature, so you'll want to make sure to have someone available when they end up being delivered.

Parshias7

Never any issues. Got Rosie and a few others there. Great business

Good to hear. I had ordered something form them in the past apparently since I was surprised to find I already had an account with them, but with all the order cancellations you see out of Toys R Us or Best Buy in earlier waves I just wanted to make sure. I guess I can rest easy now.

Managing these amiibos is a total mess. I was playing through the last case of Trials and Tribulations earlier this week and stopping every third line to refresh this thread to make sure I didn't miss anything. Now I've got preorders for everything I think will be hard to find in Wave 4, (except Greninja, but I don't mind missing him too much since I have a little figurine of him already) plus some rare stuff I missed in previous waves. Feels good to be able to just work or play a video game without wondering if I'm missing some 5 minute window on preorders.

Kaibutsu

well I feel a lot better after securing Ness and Lucina.

edit: Ended up coming to $26 for each (including shipping) so I'm ok with this
edit2: Just noticed that this is a "re-run" release and won't ship until July... Man, two months late. Oh well

So ordering from play Asia is safe? I have only ordered from them once so I really do not how reliable they are.

Yeah, they seem to be one of the more reliable import websites. Others here seem to have had fairly good experiences, and I've imported Mother 3, Xenosaga DS, a Japanese DS Lite and 2 Amiibos from there previously without issue.

Parshias7

Does Play-Asia charge when the order is made or when shipping?

I got an e-mail from Paypal that the payment was made right after I made the order, so I think its right when your order it.

For those of you wanting to use Paypal to pay: it seems like there's an extra step you need to do. When I was checking out, it offered me the chance to use Paypal and put in my information before I selected my shipping cost. This doesn't actually count as payment. Once your order's in, play-asia will send you an e-mail about confirming payment. Follow the link they give you to your order, and select the link under the "confirm payment" option, the one to make a payment. Pick Paypal there, sign in, fill in your info, (and double check your shipping address, mine got changed to my street address with Hong Kong instead of my city, so change it back to the right one) and then you should get an e-mail from Paypal about your payment, and an e-mail form play-asia that it has been confirmed and your order is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom