• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to take a risk and get them on amazon later today. To get both Robin and Lucina from play Asia its about $50, which is kinda steep for me, especially for only two amiibo.

MADGAME

Well that's not all bad then, at least they will be online the day of release anyway. Which means we actually have a date instead of having to try and get lucky. I'll assume that goes for all of wave 4.
Not sure about the rest of Wave 4 but the FE characters look like they will be low stock, at least initially. Most of us already assumed that though.

That can't be good. Will Robin go up online? ��
No idea, but Target's Twitter seems to be open about the situation. Someone should ask. I would but I'm not on Twitter.

Oh, man... Amazon, please save us all.
And Walmart

Found this just now on the order details:

"We may have obtained authorization from your bank to collect funds on shipping date. Some banks list this as a deduction in your balance however it is not. Please make sure enough funds are available to ensure smooth shipping in any case."

So...

robot

Good news is I was able to get most of my older missing guys through Play Asia - Lucario, Shulk, Pit, Meta Knight. Even got a Wario & Robin in there.

Bad news is Lucina got dropped when I modified my order. Womp wahhhhhhh.

Crumbtiny

I got an e-mail from Paypal that the payment was made right after I made the order, so I think its right when your order it.

For those of you wanting to use Paypal to pay: it seems like there's an extra step you need to do. When I was checking out, it offered me the chance to use Paypal and put in my information before I selected my shipping cost. This doesn't actually count as payment. Once your order's in, play-asia will send you an e-mail about confirming payment. Follow the link they give you to your order, and select the link under the "confirm payment" option, the one to make a payment. Pick Paypal there, sign in, fill in your info, (and double check your shipping address, mine got changed to my street address with Hong Kong instead of my city, so change it back to the right one) and then you should get an e-mail from Paypal about your payment, and an e-mail form play-asia that it has been confirmed and your order is complete.

So if I don't click the link and confirm, will they just cancel my order eventually? I impulse bought a Meta Knight, but now I'm wondering if I really even want him.

Parshias7

So if I don't click the link and confirm, will they just cancel my order eventually? I impulse bought a Meta Knight, but now I'm wondering if I really even want him.

No idea. I know in Paypal's case it doesn't seem like they get any payment at all unless you go into your order history and add it there. I haven't left an order sitting around to see what happens.

I will say that I ordered Marth and Dedede from them a couple of days ago when their links were posted in this thread, and only put the Paypal info in today and nothing bad happened to my order, so there is some leeway, but I doubt you could sit on it for a month or anything.

Jawmuncher

I really want the next 2 waves to hurry up and come up as preorders so I can get them out of the way. I'll import those things so I don't have to worry about the headache of getting them later.

Just pulled the trigger on Ness from play-asia not too long ago. I also followed up on my gamecube adaptor from gamestop and they said it will ship on the first of next month. After four months, I'll finally be able to play smash brothers :).

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
9rz4xRl.jpg

This was the goal...what happened to just having 12? WHAT HAPPENED?!

Lum1n3s

Whoa, woke up not too long ago to the Play Asia restock and I am one happy camper now. Got my order in for Lucina, Robin, Ness and Rosalina whoooo. That peace of mind in not having to worry about Wave 4 anymore T___T.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I don't wanna ask but I've not missed anything big have I? I was up last night to get play Asia ordered and fall asleep happy at least.

Game will be canceling any international orders made using a forwarding service now too...just a heads up since I know a few people did that last night.

jason00

Neo Member
I want those cases from Play Asia, but I am having a real hard time justifying buying a plastic case that costs more than the Amiibo I am putting into it. I would only need a few since I have only opened three of them (Toad to use in Captain Toad, Mega Man and Sonic because they are amazing looking) but that seems like a slippery slope.

RootCause

I want those cases from Play Asia, but I am having a real hard time justifying buying a plastic case that costs more than the Amiibo I am putting into it. I would only need a few since I have only opened three of them (Toad to use in Captain Toad, Mega Man and Sonic because they are amazing looking) but that seems like a slippery slope.
More like a cliff. :p
I think I'm going with the bat display I've seen posted. Looks really nice, and you have quick access to the Amiibo.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up and did Playasia Ness. I had to before with Marth before so I trust them. Now it's just Jiggly and Luigi (who has mountains of stock left everywhere) and the originals are mine.

Parshias7

9rz4xRl.jpg

This was the goal...what happened to just having 12? WHAT HAPPENED?!

The usual process for amiiboGAF:

*amiibos are announced*
"Nintendo figurines? Those are cool, I'll probably just buy a couple, only the characters I really like."
*24 hours later, the GAFer awakes amid a pile of dozens of Jigglypuff boxes*
"Oh God, what happened to me."

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
The usual process for amiiboGAF:

*amiibos are announced*
"Nintendo figurines? Those are cool, I'll probably just buy a couple, only the characters I really like."
*24 hours later, the GAFer awakes amid a pile of dozens of Jigglypuff boxes*
"Oh God, what happened to me."

Then you find yourself waiting outside hours before preorders go up in store...

Effect

Nintendo needs to get it's act together and fast. :( Lego is getting in on the action with a even more fully realized product and I have no doubt they won't be experiencing supply problems.

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day

EB Games
-Possibly more online preorders
-In store on launch day for commons (maybe)

Amazon Canada
-Splatoon and Pac Man still available for preorder
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Please quote and add more! For hope!

-Horizon-

You can pay a little extra to make sure you get it or have another Gamestop scenario where it's gone in seconds. The choice is yours.

Ughhhhhh. That just makes me start thinking if I should get Pit now as well or not. Or Meta Knight.

Do you know something I don't? Wave 4 is going up on Amazon today?

Apparently some people talked with some amazon customer service reps and they said that they would go up sometime today.

So, now that the dust has sort of settled, are any of the Mario Party amiibos released so far rare? I remember thinking that Toad would be the rare one and he comes in and out of stock every other day online.

Nintendo needs to get it's act together and fast. :( Lego is getting in on the action with a even more fully realized product and I have no doubt they won't be experiencing supply problems.

I don't think it is really going to affect Amiibo. Nintendo's act from the start was not really together and they had to go up against Skylanders and DI already established in the market.

So, now that the dust has sort of settled, are any of the Mario Party amiibos released so far rare? I remember thinking that Toad would be the rare one and he comes in and out of stock every other day online.

AFAIK the rarity goes like this:

Rare:
- Gold Mario

Difficult to find in stores, not easy to get online, but possible (might be getting more common)
- Toad

Just coming into stock now, rarity TBD
- Mario

Commons
- Peach
- Luigi
- Yoshi
- Bowser

I think when they say "3 pm" it actually means "I don't know, why won't these people stop bugging me about some stupid plastic toys??" lol

As a GameStop employee I understand, but I'm just as bad. Been refreshing Amazon for days now. Hopefully it appears around 3, so I can have a life again.

AFAIK the rarity goes like this:

Rare:
- Gold Mario

Difficult to find in stores, not easy to get online, but possible (might be getting more common)
- Toad

Just coming into stock now, rarity TBD
- Mario

Commons
- Peach
- Luigi
- Yoshi
- Bowser

Yeah, I figured this would be the case. I actually forgot that the Mario (regular) amiibos would be sold separately later after Mario Party's release.

I should have went for a Gold Mario when I had the chance, haha. I won't let the Silver one slip by, that's for sure. I'm not interested in getting a regular Mario amiibo but a special kind like those sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom