• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've all snapped.

We've snapped a long time ago.

HRlSvr2.gif

DNAbro

So my Mario amiibo came in! I would say that this will be a start to a collection but only other ones I currently plan to get is the Splatoon ones. I was thinking of getting Jigglypuff cause I had an opportunity to preorder but I didn't want to go down that dark path.

Adamantum

Neo Member
So my Mario amiibo came in! I would say that this will be a start to a collection but only other ones I currently plan to get is the Splatoon ones. I was thinking of getting Jigglypuff cause I had an opportunity to preorder but I didn't want to go down that dark path.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies... And (maybe) some rare Amiibos...

Parshias7

One of us. One of us. ONE OF US.

Shauni

Zavvi had $1 international shipping? Is that right? Damn, I would've probably grabbed a Dark Pit and Bowser Jr then to get them out of the way (I want Ganon, but I know he's not going to be hard to find in the end).

The new Super Mario series amiibos are great and look really good together out of the packaging.

Jswanko

You chose wisely

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

alice-alice-in-wonderland-curiosity-trouble-favim-com-369708_large.gif

Well, I'll have my Zavvi account if the ever get restocks but now that the word is out that they're legit it'll be a race like every other site. At least it was able to handle the volume and update OoS quickly.

DNAbro

The new Super Mario series amiibos are great and look really good together out of the packaging.

*immediately goes to amazon and orders the rest*

but nah, I know I shouldn't be spending too much money on these things especially with all the game I'll buy this year.

I disagree on the Super Mario series. The quality doesn't seem as high as the Smash Bros. series and for the most part, the paint jobs are just second rate. I regret buying them all, even Gold Mario, which I thought would be good trade bait for future Smash waves. It doesn't seem to be worth much in those terms at all. If anyone is interested in buying these from me for what I paid, I'd be down for selling them for sure. Yes, even Gold Mario. As a set only though, not individually.

I was able to grab ZS Samus, Dark Pit, and Palutena from Zavvi. Wanted them all but didnt know if legit. Regret not getting Olimar and Doc Mario. Email says preorder. I still have doubts with .99 shipping but its a CC so I can always dispute it if it goes bad

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Fqf8pdR.png

Draxal

I disagree on the Super Mario series. The quality doesn't seem as high as the Smash Bros. series and for the most part, the paint jobs are just second rate. I regret buying them all, even Gold Mario, which I thought would be good trade bait for future Smash waves. It doesn't seem to be worth much in those terms at all. If anyone is interested in buying these from me for what I paid, I'd be down for selling them for sure. Yes, even Gold Mario. As a set only though, not individually.

I prefer the Mario series myself.

1. No Stands
2. They're pretty hefty
3. They're less detailed but the renders they're based are less detailed so it's a wash for me.

Mario/Yoshi is a wash. I much prefer Mario Princess/Luigi over Smash Princess/Luigi. I prefer Smash Bowser over Mario Bowser, but barely as Smash Bowser is one the best Amiibo there is.

I more or less meant the sculpts / poses. I think the Super Mario series is a truer representation of the characters, in my opinion. There will always be variation in pain quality for a mass market, $13 toy. However, when looking at them from a normal distance on my desk, i think they look great together.

The fact that they unlocked stuff for me in Mario Kart was just a nice bonus :)

Cappa

Banned
Zavvi had $1 international shipping? Is that right? Damn, I would've probably grabbed a Dark Pit and Bowser Jr then to get them out of the way (I want Ganon, but I know he's not going to be hard to find in the end).

Yes, if you spend a certain amount shipping is either FREE or cheap.

AdanVC

I just like the SM line amiibo more because they are more colorful than their Smash comrades. Especially Bowser wich looks rad.

lumber

I was able to grab ZS Samus, Dark Pit, and Palutena from Zavvi. Wanted them all but didnt know if legit. Regret not getting Olimar and Doc Mario. Email says preorder. I still have doubts with .99 shipping but its a CC so I can always dispute it if it goes bad
Hmm. My email says "Sold Out Now" but it appears in the Order History section on the site with a status saying "Awaiting Stock Pick". Gonna be hopeful in the meantime...

Welcome
to hell
!

Vidiot

Can't wait until the smash wave is over and I can wash my hands of this dirty business. It's become such a chore to get these things.

It will happen eventually, but I don't think it'll be today at noon. Of course I've lost all control of my life, so I'll be checking anyway.

I have gotten to the point where I have to be at my computer at the top of each hour to make sure Amazon doesnt go live. Not that they necessarily go live at the top of the hour. But you know I am crazy

Ive chatted with two amazon reps and they have not heard of this.

too be honest why would they hear of it or not hear of it. amazon has millions of products. do you think its worthy of workers being informed? serious question ha like why does esteban know it is 3pm today. or are they just like go away

Adamantum

Neo Member
Thanks. I appreciate those quick add links, especially the Robin/Lucina only one as I already have the other three pre-ordered at Amazon.ca.

Seth

too be honest why would they hear of it or not hear of it. amazon has millions of products. do you think its worthy of workers being informed? serious question ha like why does esteban know it is 3pm today. or are they just like go away

There should be internal communication on high profile products, especially ones that tend to break websites. My point is that its very unlikley to happen today. Either not happening or they have been told to keep quiet i guess.

NateDrake

Ive chatted with two amazon reps and they have not heard of this.

Amazon reps don't know much. They told me on the day of the PS4 launch that no one who ordered from Amazon would get their PS4 until Monday because they don't ship until release day. Another rep told me, on launch day, that my unshipped PS4 would arrive later that afternoon. Both were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom