• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Gamestop be trolling everyone with that one Pit, except for that one friend if that true.

Speaking of which, will Nintendo restock Pit come July to go with Pittoo and Palutena.

Geedorah

Gamestop be trolling everyone with that one Pit, except for that one friend if that true.

Speaking of which, will Nintendo restock Pit come July to go with Pittoo and Palutena.

We have our best mystics reading the tea leaves and sacrificing virgins every Thursday. Good thing is there are still plenty of virgins, so we can keep this train rolling well into July!

Pit is still up. I can add him to cart

Been like that for ~25min now, I seriously doubt it will ever go past to actual checkout - he is removed from cart every time.

NIGHT-

Lol unless he was lying. He sent me a message on Fb at 9:28 am ct

"Pit was on gamestop and I got him! my mind is blown!"

He's not the type that would lie about these type of things

I have

1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Meta Knight) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Rosetta & Chiko) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Shulk) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Pit) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Lucario) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Dedede) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99

in my cart for a total of $157

Is this really the cheapest? Sigh..... that's sooo much.

-Horizon-

50/50. Either it will happen or it won't.
So just another day for amiibogaf ;)

I have

1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Meta Knight) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99
1 amiibo Super Smash Bros. Series Figure (Rosetta & Chiko) (Re-run) (Japan) US$ 19.99

Yeah, I tried adding a few and saw how it just added up way too quickly. Had to turn back and say nope. Too much. Especially with shipping taking a good chunk.

CorvoSol

I have

look on the terrible but possibly bright side

aside from shipping, you're only shelling out 42 bucks more than you normally would! That's the cost of any one of those amiibos on ebay right now!

I have

You including the shipping? Because that's what's killer.

look on the terrible but possibly bright side

aside from shipping, you're only shelling out 42 bucks more than you normally would! That's the cost of any one of those amiibos on ebay right now!

So just another day for amiibogaf ;)

Yeah, I tried adding a few and saw how it just added up way too quickly. Had to turn back and say nope. Too much. Especially with shipping taking a good chunk.

Yea I'm looking at each on ebay too and I noticed that. It is the downside to starting late as I didn't think these figures would be so rare I thought I could just get the ones I wanted based on game content it provides or my favorite characters.

You including the shipping? Because that's what's killer.

Yea shipping is included with that. $120 + $37 shipping.

I have

Rosetta/Chika = Rosalina/Luma???

I think NA got the better end of that stick lol

I have

This is why I'm not going after the ones I missed from the older wave. $157 for those just looks crazy to me. Not bad though in the grand scheme of things since you are getting them for $20 each. I'm assuming you're going to be opening them anyways?

Yea shipping is included with that. $120 + $37 shipping.
You would just be paying double for each Amiibo. Instead of $13, they become $26 a piece.

$26 is well under what almost every single one of those scalp for so depending on how desperate you are that's a good deal.

I'd nab the Rosalina but I have a pending GAF trade for my Charizard.

Ordered pit from playasia. I've lost control of my life.

27 dollars smh

Yeah, Pit is the only one i could justify since i loved the 3DS game. Though about Meta Knight and Rosalina since I like their design, but meh. Too much money for characters i have no affinity for.

If i didnt already have Lucina and Robin on PO, i would have picked up Marth and Ike though.

This is why I'm not going after the ones I missed from the older wave. $157 for those just looks crazy to me. Not bad though in the grand scheme of things since you are getting them for $20 each. I'm assuming you're going to be opening them anyways?

Because they're so rare, I haven't opened most of mine yet. I planned on opening them all originally but then I saw the reality of how hard the new waves are to get. If I did get the imports I'd open them for sure.

A big part of me is hoping for a big re-release for the US from all the buzz this latest wave has generated, but the realist side of me knows that won't happen for most of the rare ones.

I just got off my 9-5 shift, saw the Play Asia amiibo and jumped on it. Yolo.

It's 8AM. I'm dog tired. Do I wait til 12 and see if Amazon comes through or just go to bed?

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I'm at work and actually too busy for once to follow along with amiibo gaf but I do want to add that if lucario went up and someone is hesitating, I do have a spare. I was going to trade it for robin/lucina and have them preordered. Surprised to find it yesterday, actually. Just retail plus shipping. First person to pm me, if there's some interest.

Also have a spare sonic my roomy was going to custom but can't due to personal issues. Doubt anyone cares about that though.

You've all snapped.

851283.gif

Shauni

If the shipping was reduced to like $6-7, I would bite for Pit. But eh, as is, nah. Not a character I need to have, but one I would kind of like.

A big part of me is hoping for a big re-release for the US from all the buzz this latest wave has generated, but the realist side of me knows that won't happen for most of the rare ones.

It will.

Count on Villager, Little Mac, Pit, Captain Falcon, King Dedede, Ike, Shulk making a come back.

Wii Fit Trainer is iffy, since she's not exactly popular. Rosalina will be re-released sooner than later, but in her Super Maria variant. Lucario depends on if there's a new Pokemon amiibo line up or not.

Yeah, i'm going paying markup for the old ones I really want, and hoping Nintendo does one more re-release so I can pick up the rest for the collection.

Etzer

"Please tick this box to confirm that you understand that the order will only be sent out once all products are available. If you wish to receive your order in more than one shipment, you will need to create seperate orders."

Should I bother ordering Shulk and Pit anyway? It says that "one or more" of the items are out of stock, but it'll still let me order...

"Please tick this box to confirm that you understand that the order will only be sent out once all products are available. If you wish to receive your order in more than one shipment, you will need to create seperate orders."

Should I bother ordering Shulk and Pit anyway? It says that "one or more" of the items are out of stock, but it'll still let me order...

right they are out of stock but getting more stock in june/july hence why you can pre-order

AdanVC

Lot's of anxiety right now. I'm about to preorder Ness and Pac-Man from Mighty Ape and I'm going to spend more than 100 bucks on that and I'm actually not sure if I REALLY want them to spend that insane amount for 2 plastic figures that only cost like 5 dollars to produce. I hate NoA amiibo department so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom