• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

Been super busy recently, so haven't been able to post much, but I did get a new addition to my collection this week!

CIzKVHn.jpg

Finally, a Marth! I was super lucky to be able to find him for cost+shipping (thanks again!), so now I don't have to deal with the reprint madness. I've finished waves 1-3 now and have all of 4 preordered- getting close to the finish! I'd post a picture of my updated collection, but they don't all fit on the shelf I have them on right now, so I gotta figure out a new home for my amiibos.

CorvoSol

Been super busy recently, so haven't been able to post much, but I did get a new addition to my collection this week!

Finally, a Marth! I was super lucky to be able to find him for cost+shipping (thanks again!), so now I don't have to deal with the reprint madness. I've finished waves 1-3 now and have all of 4 preordered- getting close to the finish! I'd post a picture of my updated collection, but they don't all fit on the shelf I have them on right now, so I gotta figure out a new home for my amiibos.

How's his face, though?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got Toad today! My friend kept it for me so he wasn't hard to get. He'll do the same when Wave 4 arrives. His store has lots of Amiibos around lol.

That's just a tiny bit.

Lots of Amiibo = Yoshi and Luigi :p All commons for the rest, I'm guessing?

Joei

Lots of Amiibo = Yoshi and Luigi :p All commons for the rest, I'm guessing?

What's funny is I go to TRU and they are packed to the gills with Amiibo, so much so I'm not sure if anyone is actually buying any. Of course no Ike's or D3 or any "rare" ones, but still a fairly wide variety of Amiibo. I wonder, had, for example D3 been supplied in same numbers as Mega Man, and MM same as D3, then we'd have the same issue as we do now but with Mega Man. And of course everyone would ask, how is this King guy so mass produced, but MM, an iconic figure, has such limited numbers? I think Nintendo's biggest problem is solely on sheer volume of characters they released in such a short amount of time. Hopefully this is resolved after the Smash line.

Josephl64

Guessing I missed all of Wave 4 and the Splatoon amiibo?

Anyways out of curiousity I have a Pikachu registered with my friend as the owner...anyway to change its owner?

HUELEN10

Ugh, anyone wish Amiibo packaging was a little more compactable?

bwDA9f5.jpg

This is a 13 gallon bag filled with (compacted as best as I could) packaging (finally opened some of my newer ones up!). No way 13 Amiibo boxes should be topping the bag off.

Sad part is, we're it like Funko packaging, I would keep every box.

Kilau

This is a 13 gallon bag filled with (compacted as best as I could) packaging (finally opened some of my newer ones up!). No way 13 Amiibo boxes should be topping the bag off.

Recyclable maybe? I would think the outer plastic shells would fit into each other somewhat and the separated cardboard backs should be easy to deal with

Cappa

Banned

bwDA9f5.jpg

but you're not supposed to throw out cardboard with plastic :(

HUELEN10

Recyclable maybe? I would think the outer plastic shells would fit into each other somewhat and the separated cardboard backs should be easy to deal with
After 2 layers, it gets too tight, and then even if stepped on, it comes back to mostly its shape.

I mean, the inner plastic in Funko boxes makes them removable and reusable, why not ship the toys in that with a security sticker on the back?
but you're not supposed to throw out cardboard with plastic :(
Sure you are. I am trashing, not recycling.

jon_dojah

Banned

The stack has grown since I took this picture but it doesnt take up all that much room but I dumped the inner plastic parts.

16315730098_8a845b1014_n.jpg

HUELEN10

The stack has grown since I took this picture but it doesnt take up all that much room but I dumped the inner plastic parts.

16315730098_8a845b1014_n.jpg
Oh... didn't think of doing it that way. Yeah, usually I just compact, not stack. Roughly make about 2-3 bags of trash a day, so I do my best to get it all in as few bags as possible.

Armaly

bwDA9f5.jpg

Have you tried stomping on it?

Edit: What we usually do is grab a brown paper bag from the grocers and stomp them into place. Then neatly arrange them so when they try to get back into shape it can't.

HardRojo

Like the way the OP is designed. If I had a suggestion it would be to have a little more info on what they do in the games (I'm still not 100% sure on what Shulk does in Xenonlade) though I fully understand that is rarely the topic of any convo here and that they tend to lean more on acquiring the Amiibos.

You get the Amiibo first and find out what it does later :p

Richie

Saw this on Reddit, had to share.

KMC9e5U.jpg

This is seriously amazing. Would buy Lincoln Man on the spot.

Say, from the amiibo not yet released, which ones are you guys gonna get for personal use? I'm eyeing the retro trio of Duck Hunt, R.O.B. and Mr. G & W (pretty curious about how they'll go for it!), my main Dr. Mario, good 'ole videogame man Pac-Man, and mah bad boys Wario and Ganondorf.

So what do you guys think the odds are of Falco, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt all being retailer exclusives in North America? Because I'm betting on them being pretty damn high.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So what do you guys think the odds are of Falco, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt all being retailer exclusives in North America? Because I'm betting on them being pretty damn high.

If anything...

ROB - Best Buy
Game and Watch - Target
Mewtwo - Toys R Us
Lucas - GameStop

Falco and Duck Hunt not exclusive.

If anything...

ROB - Best Buy
Game and Watch - Target
Mewtwo - Toys R Us
Lucas - GameStop

Falco and Duck Hunt not exclusive.

I really don't see Lucas or Mewtwo being exclusives. In fact, I'd be willing to be both get decent-sized production runs, probably bundled with download codes.

ZeroX03

Banned
None of wave 5 or 6 pre-orders have sold out in Australia or New Zealand. Is the amiibo craze over? Did they finally fix stock issues? Or is it a computer glitch and they're overselling like crazy?

probably the latter let's be honest

Peagles

None of wave 5 or 6 pre-orders have sold out in Australia or New Zealand. Is the amiibo craze over? Did they finally fix stock issues? Or is it a computer glitch and they're overselling like crazy?

probably the latter let's be honest

Aussie initially sold out, but got put back up right?

I don't think we have a history of overselling, and Nintendo seems impressed with our sell through rates, so I'd like to think it's accurate.

ZeroX03

Banned
Aussie initially sold out, but got put back up right?

I don't think we have a history of overselling, and Nintendo seems impressed with our sell through rates, so I'd like to think it's accurate.

Yeah but I think Australian EB just put up the first wave with conservative numbers without getting proper shipment details from Nintendo. Sales were only down for a day and remained constant down then.

I'm just being overly pessimistic. I would still be surprised to see most of the rares in store.

Peagles

Yeah but I think Australian EB just put up the first wave with conservative numbers without getting proper shipment details from Nintendo. Sales were only down for a day and remained constant down then.

I'm just being overly pessimistic. I would still be surprised to see most of the rares in store.

I think it's really a preorder or lose situation here. EB told me they only get 1-2 of each Amiibo over and above preorders, aside from the super commons like Bowser, Mario etc of whom they get a few more. So the in store rares are gone on day one every time. I haven't had any preorders unfulfilled but I would never risk trying to buy in store. I'm guessing they are willing to send out enough to cover preorders and then some but not much more than preorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom