• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Between all of the madness, it's easy to forget what these figures mean to kids who love the characters. Mod of a Facebook Amiibo group just posted this:

"We finally have the "birdie" my baby wanted so much"

The feels, man...
I want a full set, but if it came down to it I don't think there are many among us who wouldn't hand over any single amiibo to a kid who just wants their favorite one.
Gotta remember the path that led us here, and all the joy those moments can bring at that age.

BooJoh

Don't if it's been known previously, but it seems to be confirmed only the yarn yoshi amiibo will have compatibility with yarn yoshi game.
http://www.nintendo.be/nl/Divers/amiibo/Figurenoverzicht/Figurenoverzicht-932319.html

It does confirm the yarn yoshi amiibo will be treated as a normal yoshi in other games though, but just not the other way round. Isn't that nice.

Really hope it's a trend that doesn't continue, otherwise the appeal for amiibo for me will be dropping.

Does it actually say somewhere on there that the other Yoshis don't work? I'm thinking they just haven't updated the other Yoshi pages to reflect Wooly World compatibility.

Otherwise it would make no sense, because for the Yarn Yoshis to be backward compatible with the other games, they'd need the same character ID as the other Yoshis, but that would automatically make the other Yoshis work with Wooly World unless they deliberately inserted extra data that goes unseen by older games and tells Wooly World it's a Yarn Yoshi.

For now I'm assuming that by showing that Yarn Yoshi works with older games, this actually goes farther to confirm that SSB Yoshi, SMB Yoshi, and Yarn Yoshi are all fully cross-compatible rather than the opposite.

Fox Mulder

Between all of the madness, it's easy to forget what these figures mean to kids who love the characters. Mod of a Facebook Amiibo group just posted this:

She likes the best amiibo.

That's adorable. Looking at this makes you want to detest scalpers even more for robbing kids like her from getting the amiibo they want.

I blame Nintendo more than scalpers for something like dedede. They just released a Kirby game and even if you had never played one before, kids would probably snap dedede up since he's so colorful and cute as hell.

When does wave 5 release in non-us countries, anyone order from pygehd, have you gotten your stuff or at least a tracking and how long do you have to dispute a PayPal transaction?

I looked it up and you have 180 days to dispute.

Dispute Filing Window

We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

I talked to the owner and he told me the 12th for orders outside of aus. We'll see what happens...

MisterHero

Landed a Toad today. The figure wasn't packed in quite right and there was gunk from a sticker on the plastic. It'll be okay though because I'll open it sometime... right?

The packaging doesn't matter... or does it? ;_;

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Landed a Toad today. The figure wasn't packed in quite right and there was gunk from a sticker on the plastic. It'll be okay though because I'll open it sometime... right?

You need to open everyone!

4BYWIpi.jpg

Joei

My Toad looks great standing on my Wii U.

Gottaopenthem

Vylash

wtf, since when were kids able to get amiibos?

Anime

Neo Member

This is pretty nice to see, I appluad you for this.

shanafan

Finally opened all my remaining amiibo left. Figured it was time for them to breathe. Gold Mario, Shulk, Meta Knight and Rosalina can now live happily!

Sillution

I looked it up and you have 180 days to dispute.

Dispute Filing Window

We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

I talked to the owner and he told me the 12th for orders outside of aus. We'll see what happens...

Seems like the date he is going to ship keep changing... Been waiting here since the 31st.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Which will happen first: Wave 4 pre-orders open on Amazon for USA or people will stop making "What's the appeal of amiibo" threads?

Now that we're in Community there will be at least 5 "why do you like amiibos" amiibo threads.

I completely forgot my Dedede is still preordered at Gamestop. Last they told me was it's delayed until summer or something. Any update on that?

Morning Amiibros. Another weekend and no wave 4 preorders from Amazon here in the US. and wow this thread has slowed now that it is in community. 2 hrs without a comment. Line seems active though. Well let's hope we get some news soon. My mind is still blown that wave 5 and 6 has went up internationally and we are still waiting on 4. On a personal note I think I secured a Ness for a Jigglypuff from a Gaffer which was my only shortcoming. I also panicked and grabbed Palutena ZSS and Dark Pit from Zavvi. Good luck to all out there and stay salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom