• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime

Neo Member
None of wave 5 or 6 pre-orders have sold out in Australia or New Zealand. Is the amiibo craze over? Did they finally fix stock issues? Or is it a computer glitch and they're overselling like crazy?

probably the latter let's be honest

lol no where near over, Just wait for the onsluaght in the U.S. once Wave 5 pre orders open, you thought this was bad tune in for the show.

Maengun1

I really don't see Lucas or Mewtwo being exclusives. In fact, I'd be willing to be both get decent-sized production runs, probably bundled with download codes.

This is a great idea in theory (buying the amiibo unlocks the character), but there's no way it works out. Obtaining just the amiibo is impossible enough, if they tie the actual in-game character to the amiibo it will be actual chaos getting them. And selling the character both separately and with the amiibo just means certain people get screwed over by paying more.

Unless Nintendo did something crazy like sell a character + amiibo bundle on the eshop with no limit but I can't see that happening either. Even that would piss off people who want nothing to do with amiibo period.

I agree that the DLC characters probably won't be retailer-exclusive, though.

Salamando

Wait, what?
Disregarding the obvious stock issues it'd have, why would this be an issue?

The stock issues are the big reason it would be an issue. Mewtwo's DLC comes out this month. By the time October (or whenever his amiibo comes out) anyone who wants the DLC will already have it. That places a larger demand on the DLC-less version. Given the way Nintendo's been operating, people will only end up finding the version with the DLC.

I can only see Nintendo doing one of two things...

1) Release it as a normal Amiibo. It won't unlock Mewtwo for play, but you could still train your amiibo. Maybe slap a warning sticker on the box.

2) Throw in the Mewtwo DLC for free. Keeps Amiibo to one price point, and eliminates any possible confusion.

je_ssi e

Throw in the Mewtwo DLC for free. Keeps Amiibo to one price point, and eliminates any possible confusion.
That's the best possible choice imo.
There's no reason when you scan in Mewtwo that he couldn't also unlock the character for play.

I think that's the best way they could handle DLC characters.

-Horizon-

Saw this on Reddit, had to share.

KMC9e5U.jpg

'Murica

Jergingha

Neo Member
More and more I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am probably going to have to pay extra for some of the wave 4 Amiibo.

Oh well. It was bound to happen sometime.

More and more I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am probably going to have to pay extra for some of the wave 4 Amiibo.

Oh well. It was bound to happen sometime.

Eh, there's still plenty of opportunities left, just gotta keep vigilant. I wouldn't worry until the end of the day on May 29th.

RootCause

Wish there were how to guides on how to make custom Amiibo. Sadly no one wants to because of sentimental values, but they'll gladly sell it. Lol

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If anything...

ROB - Best Buy
Game and Watch - Target
Mewtwo - Toys R Us
Lucas - GameStop

Falco and Duck Hunt not exclusive.
I really don't see Lucas or Mewtwo being exclusives. In fact, I'd be willing to be both get decent-sized production runs, probably bundled with download codes.
Lucas will be exclusive to Gamestop. Ness was and so will he. Mewtwo probably too since it's a Pokemon. Mr. Game & Watch could be as well but I don't know if Best Buy fits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will be so mad if Mewtwo is exclusive to Toys R' Us, considering it seems Pokemon have been exclusive there twice now & I don't have any close to me.

...I just don't want retail exclusives period. I'm surprised I got lucky with Rosalina, Shulk, & now Ness. But then I remember I didn't get Meta Knight because I don't have a BB close by & every damn time he went up online, I was busy with class.

I will be so mad if Mewtwo is exclusive to Toys R' Us, considering it seems Pokemon have been exclusive there twice now & I don't have any close to me.

...I just don't want retail exclusives period. I'm surprised I got lucky with Rosalina, Shulk, & now Ness. But then I remember I didn't get Meta Knight because I don't have a BB close by & every damn time he went up online, I was busy with class.

Except Jigglypuff belongs to Target this time 'round.

Agreed though, no more exclusives please.

Anime

Neo Member
That's the best possible choice imo.
There's no reason when you scan in Mewtwo that he couldn't also unlock the character for play.

I think that's the best way they could handle DLC characters.

Agreed, It would also give an incentive to buy his amiibo and also gives a valid reason to collectors whether to they should open him up.

//ARCANUM

Except Jigglypuff belongs to Target this time 'round.

Agreed though, no more exclusives please.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that all deals for the SSB line of Amiibos are already in place and have been since they started the whole thing. I'm sure they've locked in retailer exclusives since the get-go and can't back out now even if they want to.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
YesAsia - Wave 3 Restocks and Wave 4 (Includes Ness, Lucina and Robin)

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search/amiibo/0-0-0-q.amiibo_bpt.48-en/list.html

Ships to NA. $20USD per amiibo Japanese versions, ship in July.

I wouldn't do this guys. YesAsia took preorders on restocks of Little Mac, WiiFit Trainer, Villager, and Captain Falcon and those listings were up for days. I think there's a high probability that they're going to leave listings up for too long and your orders are going to get cancelled, and some folks are saying that YesAsia will only give store credit if they cancel your order.

Xamdou

I wouldn't do this guys. YesAsia took preorders on restocks of Little Mac, WiiFit Trainer, Villager, and Captain Falcon and those listings were up for days. I think there's a high probability that they're going to leave listings up for too long and your orders are going to get cancelled, and some folks are saying that YesAsia will only give store credit if they cancel your order.

Yea I've read about that too, it's why I haven't placed an order from them.

Crom

Even if you used paypal?

skaflone721

Neo Member

I was going to post this. I figured out how to order finally, but these are all uncanelable orders so I'm hesitating now. I only want Pit and Ness. They give store credit for canceled orders.

jon_dojah

Banned

^I went through this with PlayAsia. Since I used PayPal I was able to make a claim and get my money back when they could not fulfill my Rosalina order. Since finding lucina and robin seems hopeless at this point I feel better knowing I have a slight chance they will come through. And I'm digging the free shipping.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I got near the checkout with YesAsia, but didn't' go through with it.

It does say they won't charge you until items ship though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even if you used paypal?

Possibly. I placed in an order for those restocks I mentioned and my PayPal was charged immediately. I figure I have buyer protection if those orders get delayed or they try to force me into store credit.But I don't think it's worth the trouble if you haven't already crossed the point of no return.

CorvoSol

Yeah I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the Play Asia model of making me pay them via paypal blindly and then coming back to them and clicking confirm and then waiting for a few months. That plus their big ol shipping and the whole "If you try to consolidate your shipments and save yourself money we'll probably just fuck you over" has shied me from doing business with them again after this.

ExVicis

Oh boy. I accidentally ordered Shulk from YesAsia and PlayAsia in my Amiibo ordering haze and I'm starting to regret the PlayAsia one since it's a lot more on shipping, so is there anyway to cancel this or should I just swallow it and just count the two Shulk orders as insurance in case one gets canceled?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Got the alert for the YesAsia preorders while I was driving, almost pulled over to get a Ness, glad I didn't after reading the experiences in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom