• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Placeholder pages should all be up now.

Jigglypuff was updated around this time but wasn't made available until 8 hours later the day of.

In other words, keep trying throughout the night.

jls

Neo Member
Lucina not coming up at all, just a page saying That item is no longer available.

Should be working now, according to a lot of other posts, but it was definitely loading Lucina for me. Grey button, although some people have been reporting sporadic success. Good luck to people trying to get on Target!

Rocky

Banned
Should be working now, according to a lot of other posts, but it was definitely loading Lucina for me. Grey button, although some people have been reporting sporadic success. Good luck to people trying to get on Target!

Got it, thanks.

Shun

This shit sells out faster than NBA Playoff tickets...

Btw. Site apparently usually updates according to Target Central Time.

In PST, site updates at 00:00, 03:00, and between 07:00 to 12:00?

Maengun1

Wait, what?
Disregarding the obvious stock issues it'd have, why would this be an issue?

Well, say you can purchase Lucas in-game for $5...or buying the $13 Lucas amiibo also includes unlocking him in-game. People who manage to obtain the amiibo right away are happy, but say someone can't find one, buys the character, then obtains the amiibo later. They essentially paid for the game character twice.

This scenario takes place in a fantasy world where someone can find an amiibo after the release date though.

Salamando

Vy9lagU.png

Believe this accurately describes tonight...

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I'll be here, but quiet.
Much as I enjoy the hunt, this "Sometime in the morning" bullshit takes all the fun out of it.
Gonna hope to god I don't miss it while checking it intermittently.

ExVicis

Oh boy. I accidentally ordered Shulk from YesAsia and PlayAsia in my Amiibo ordering haze and I'm starting to regret the PlayAsia one since it's a lot more on shipping, so is there anyway to cancel this or should I just swallow it and just count the two Shulk orders as insurance in case one gets canceled?

Quoting for a possible answer on if or whether it's even worth the effort to see if I can cancel something from either PlayAsia and Yes Asia, especially since now there's the possibility of Target.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Quoting for a possible answer on if or whether it's even worth the effort to see if I can cancel something from either PlayAsia and Yes Asia, especially since now there's the possibility of Target.

I emailed them before and was able to cancel an order.

Dominator

I know I haven't posted her regularly but I'm still in the hunt (only figure I don't have out of every single one is Gold Mario). I just want to ask anyone if Target puts up Jigglypuff again by some grace of God, that someone order an extra for me. I'll pay cost and shipping of course, and a little extra for taking up anyones time. I'm sure they probably won't go up again but the only pre-orders I don't have are the two exclusives and the Splatoon 3-pack. Thanks.

EDIT: Of course this is top of the page lol

McBryBry

Hey guys, have a Gold Mario for trade if anyone's interested. New in box, NA. Looking for whatever he's worth really. Most interested in D3, Falcon, Ness and Mac.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
May knock out now and wake up in a few hours hoping they don't pull some bullshit.
It says a lot that the situation is such that there are NO guarantees.
Fair chance I will regret this, but I'll see you folks later in the AM.

Maitiú

So if I don't have a jiggly, my only hope is camping at the store?

Target stated that there will be no more preorders but that jiggly would be available both in stores and online on launch day. With Rosalina it was I believe somewhere around 10am central time that she was made available online.

SaviourMK2

Maitiú;159908227 said:
Target stated that there will be no more preorders but that jiggly would be available both in stores and online on launch day. With Rosalina it was I believe somewhere around 10am central time that she was made available online.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they;re the only ones who didn't make blatant promises only to backstab the rest of us with early postings/no postings.

But I'll believe it when I see it

Neo Dark

Oh what? Target went up tonight? Lame. Missed my chance to get Lucina again...

Well on the plus side, I learned how to rupee glitch in Hyrule warriors

Did it twice 40 minutes apart from each other. Also my Rosalina amiibo gave me some materials so that's a plus too. Beats getting that 1 rupee >.>

The Finest Brew

Neo Member

Did it twice 40 minutes apart from each other. Also my Rosalina amiibo gave me some materials so that's a plus too. Beats getting that 1 rupee >.>

I remember trying super hard to get that glitch, but to no avail. :/

Also, Target hasn't been put up yet, but it's likely to go up soon/this morning

shandy706

Have to get ready for work. I really hope I can catch this Target sale.

I have Jigglypuff for anyone that manages an extra Lucina and/or Ness if I end up with neither.

Neo Dark

I remember trying super hard to get that glitch, but to no avail. :/

Also, Target hasn't been put up yet, but it's likely to go up soon/this morning

Lol. I spent a few hours trying with Cia today on http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-war...eat_all_Giant_Bosses_within_the_time_limit.21

Couldn't get it to work and was a bit disappointed since Cia is my favorite character in the game (if my avatar didn't make it obvious). So I decided to give the Lana way a shot since it looked pretty easy and fun (learned how to use her summoning gate properly today too) and managed to get it to work. I found the trick was to over kill the Gohma just a little bit before turning and hitting some minions. Otherwise they die too fast and won't trigger the glitch.

And oh really it hasn't? Yes there's hope! How does purchasing stuff on Target work? Is there guest check out? I'm guessing saving your details down on an account is the more efficient method?

Neo Dark

It also says "Not Sold Online"

Ugh... this predicament... to sleep or not to sleep... That is the question!

Seriously though, didn't they say that last time too?

Edit: For fun... I tested Lucina's current quantity limit on Target's website... 99. Sigh... are we really going to have this 99 crap again or are they going to actually lower it before it gets put up.

RootCause

Edit: For fun... I tested Lucina's current quantity limit on Target's website... 99. Sigh... are we really going to have this 99 crap again or are they going to actually lower it before it gets put up.
Don't give em any ideas! D:

Rocky

Banned

I don't even have the quantity thing on mine.

MADGAME

So if I don't have a jiggly, my only hope is camping at the store?

I'd say there's a good chance they will put Jiggly up online again on release day. Not only did @AskTarget say so in a tweet, they also did it with Rosie. So you have 2 chances, really.

Lum1n3s

I'd say there's a good chance they will put Jiggly up online again on release day. Not only did @AskTarget say so in a tweet, they also did it with Rosie. So you have 2 chances, really.
Does anyone know what time they went up the actual day of release?

georly

Off topic, I guess, but have you found a way to do it consistently? Randomly getting it once an hour isn't worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom