• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Dark

Off topic, I guess, but have you found a way to do it consistently? Randomly getting it once an hour isn't worth it for me.

Nope since I only started trying with Lana recently and stopped after getting the second time. I think either way there's some luck to it since the deducted rupee needed for the underflow is probably randomized as well. And 10 mill rupee once an hour isn't worth it? Is there some secret I don't know about that gives you the same equivalent in levels or rupees in an hour?

georly

Nope since I only started trying with Lana recently and stopped after getting the second time. I think either way there's some luck to it since the deducted rupee needed for the underflow is probably randomized as well. And 10 mill rupee once an hour isn't worth it? Is there some secret I don't know about that gives you the same equivalent in levels or rupees in an hour?

I just mean isn't worth it in terms of "I'd rather be playing levels and making progress," not that it's not the best way to level.

RootCause

OK then, that helps. I'm not so worried about Jiggly puff anymore.
I honestly think she will be the most common among the exclusives. Followed by Greninja, and then Ness.
I'm confident in walking out of TRU with a Greninja. People don't get up early to get they Amiibo around here. I was first to get the Lucario without the need to camp. I will go to TRU at 6am just to be on the safer side.

Neo Dark

I just mean isn't worth it in terms of "I'd rather be playing levels and making progress," not that it's not the best way to level.
Ahh makes sense. Only reason I'm doing this is for the sake of levels that I need to have a higher level character to clear and require you to use that certain character and I really don't have interest in that character so I just want to get them high level asap so I can face roll the level and be done with it and unlock the stuff I'm actually interested in.

ooh damn target pre orders went up again last night eh? I went to sleep at 2am est too, an hour too early. they should at the very least do em at 3 PM instead of AM est all the god damn time. oh well, i had a good ass sleep which is rare for me since my bed isn't all that comfortable imo so I don't mind.

Neo Dark

ooh damn target pre orders went up again last night eh? I went to sleep at 2am est too, an hour too early. they should at the very least do em at 3 PM instead of AM est all the god damn time. oh well, i had a good ass sleep which is rare for me since my bed isn't all that comfortable imo so I don't mind.
Apparently the page went up but not the actual preorders. At least not for wave 4. Think the splatoon ones actually did go up?

shandy706

I believe they just put up holding pages...no actual sales yet.

gundalf

Well this is funny, German Amiibo fans are buying this "Spice Stadium" thing like crazy:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008FXJRLC/

51b5EwwZ7fL.jpg

Apparently, this makes a perfect Amiibo display.

rjinaz

How rare is Gold Mario? It seems that a lot of people have him and nobody wants him....

It hasn't even been a month since Gold Mario came out. Gold Mario is rare as you can no longer find it in stores, but they produced a lot more of them than the other exclusives.

In other words, a lot of the people that would be interested in trades probably already got it. Also there were a lot, and I mean a lot of gold mario trades when it first came out. I think you missed the prime trading window. Still going for $40 or so on ebay though. Hold on to it for another month and you might have more luck.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So if I pre-order from Target (not sure if I will yet, my budget took a $150 blow from getting the exhaust fixed on my car), will they charge when I place the order, or when it ships?

Amazon needs to hurry up, considering I'd rather order from them with the credit I have/can earn.

RootCause

It hasn't even been a month since Gold Mario came out. Gold Mario is rare as you can no longer find it in stores, but they produced a lot more of them than the other exclusives.

In other words, a lot of the people that would be interested in trades probably already got it. Also there were a lot, and I mean a lot of gold mario trades when it first came out. I think you missed the prime trading window. Still going for $40 or so on ebay though. Hold on to it for another month and you might have more luck.
It's rare for sure, but some stores didn't get their stock until very late. My store got them late(last week), they got 8. I went there at 6 in the morning, and got two. A couple of hours later it was out of stock.

So it now says "not sold online" on the Target wave 4 pages... then why have pages then? Did Jiggly say this before she went live too? Should I bother refreshing?

Apparently the page went up but not the actual preorders. At least not for wave 4. Think the splatoon ones actually did go up?

I believe they just put up holding pages...no actual sales yet.

oh so theres stil a chancefor robin and lucina :) i was originally going to pre order the splatoon 3 pack but now i don't want it anymore, don't think its worth going through all the trouble these pre order issues. maybe, MAYBE I'll still get the girl one since i like the ingame outfit she gets(they squidboy should've gotten a school boy outfit too, the one he got is trash) but i doubt ill get that too. see, nintendo? your incompetence is making me lose interest.

Crom

oh so theres stil a chancefor robin and lucina :) i was originally going to pre order the splatoon 3 pack but now i don't want it anymore, don't think its worth going through all the trouble these pre order issues. maybe, MAYBE I'll still get the girl one since i like the ingame outfit she gets(they squidboy should've gotten a school boy outfit too, the one he got is trash) but i doubt ill get that too. see, nintendo? your incompetence is making me lose interest.

I thought the Splatoon amiibo also unlocked challenges in the game.

So I want Mega Man. He's $19.95 on Amazon US, and the Japanese version is 15.60. Both have Prime shipping so either one would arrive on Wednesday.

Is there any reason to not get the cheaper Japanese one? I realize the box text is the only difference, but like would the Japanese one be more beat up or anything from the shipping?

I know it's a stupid question.

Isotope

So I want Mega Man. He's $19.95 on Amazon US, and the Japanese version is 15.60. Both have Prime shipping so either one would arrive on Wednesday.

Is there any reason to not get the cheaper Japanese one? I realize the box text is the only difference, but like would the Japanese one be more beat up or anything from the shipping?

I know it's a stupid question.

It should arrive fine, so you shouldn't worry.

rjinaz

It's rare for sure, but some stores didn't get their stock until very late. My store got them late(last week), they got 8. I went there at 6 in the morning, and got two. A couple of hours later it was out of stock.

That's definitely the rare exception though. Walmart even changed their listing on the website to "not available at stores". Will there be Walmarts that had some kind of fluke in which their supply was delayed? Sure. But go to 10 walmarts and I'd be surprised if you even found 1 with gold marios at this point. Heck might not even find one going to 100 Walmarts.

At least Target has confirmed they will be stocking these characters in store, unlike half of wave 3 for whatever fucking reason. If I can't get a pre-order in or help from GAF to finish wave 4 I might just wait outside my local Target as an absolute last resort. Now I'm just curious if the three hours I waited last time would be too late this time, considering how bad the Amiibo situation is now. I'm willing to bet people will wait all night now, and I really don't want to do that. Especially if it also means having to miss a day of work. The money I would lose could just go to a scalper at that point.

amiiboCanadaGAF - Daily Update - Monday April 13, 2015

I updated the post from yesterday and added new items. I have added a time and date as to when the websites with pre-orders/sales were last tested to make sure they are not sold out.

Items of note include Pac-Man and the Splatoon 3 Pack now being Sold Out on Amazon Canada and the addition of the YesAsia alerts for Wave 4. I also added the placeholder page for Greninja on TRU Canada. Marth and Shulk are Sold Out on PlayAsia as well.

Link to the single post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159808531&postcount=8257

Isotope

This is Target's plan: convince everyone they go up on the 29th, then put them all up at once at like 2:56 A.M. on a random day.

This is Target's plan: convince everyone they go up on the 29th, then put them all up at once at like 2:56 A.M. on a random day.

Could be, but the fact that the buttons on the pages say "add to cart" and not "pre-order now" leads me to believe they may actually be telling the truth this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom