• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

That isn't a bad price if you're an OoB collector. That is just $10 above the regular price.

Heck I'm paying something like $18 for Shulk from gamestop after taxes and shipping. If you order 2 amiibo you get free shipping on yesasia I do believe and it comes to something like $20 per amiibo. That's a $2 premium for something I couldn't get here. Well worth it.

G0523

I could get a Rosalina and Shulk for $20 a pop with free shipping from YesAsia? That's about what I'd spend on any given Amiibo after tax & shipping anyways.

Not worried about getting scammed as I'd just charge back the credit card.

Only worried because it says Available on 2015-07-31...

rjinaz

I could get a Rosalina and Shulk for $20 a pop with free shipping from YesAsia? That's about what I'd spend on any given Amiibo after tax & shipping anyways.

Yeah I noticed that. I'm prepared to wait. Better than not getting Ness at all imo.

For those curious. If you use a credit card they will place an immediate hold, which will be released after about a week or so.

Yeah I noticed that. I'm prepared to wait. Better than not getting Ness at all imo.

For those curious. If you use a credit card they will place an immediate hold, which will be released after about a week or so.

Yeah, preauthorizations are common but are rarely detailed in retailer FAQs as it is a common practice to ensure you have the credit.

I am fairly certain Amazon (any of them) is the only online retailer that does NOT do preauthorizations, no card activity at all when pre-ordering.

LiK

i'm not worried about the dates. they're not accurate for preorders most of the time

It is a July restock happening in Japan that was announced, so it is far away but not backordered or something.

Fox Mulder

I'm in for Ness. Already have Little Mac on order from last month

If Gamestop doesn't want my online money, then screw em. Hopefully yesasia comes through.

Gamestop is only guilty of requiring in store preorders for their limited stock to sell you other stuff while you're there.

Preorders are still fucked everywhere because of Nintendo.

DarkWish

No, just the pages went up, target didn't put up any preorders.

I THINK they put up the Splatoon 3-pack but i'm not sure
Target put up most of them last night, not just placeholders. I pre-ordered Robin, Pac-Man, Wario, Charizard, and the Splatoon 3 pack. Lucina's page never loaded for me.

But keep checking, they could make them available again soon.

Target put up most of them last night, not just placeholders. I pre-ordered Robin, Pac-Man, Wario, Charizard, and the Splatoon 3 pack. Lucina's page never loaded for me.

But keep checking, they could make them available again soon.
Bullshit. I checked all of those almost as soon as they went up and none of them worked for me. I wanna see the receipt.

rjinaz

Gamestop is only guilty of requiring in store preorders for their limited stock to sell you other stuff while you're there.

Preorders are still fucked everywhere because of Nintendo.

They are also guilty of saying they would have online orders, and then not having them at all.

But yes, the supply from Nintendo is ultimately the problem. Ness will be the only amiibo to date not available online. At least so far assuming it doesn't pop up.

What?! I thought Target just put up placeholders... agggggg

They are just placeholders. I'm pretty sure anyone saying they got some in are just lying. Until I see hard proof, anyway. Law of averages suggests I would've at least got one of the characters I was trying at if they actually were live. I was on it the moment I received my LINE alert and nothing worked for me at all.

DarkWish

Bullshit. I checked all of those almost as soon as they went up and none of them worked for me. I wanna see the receipt.
Then you didn't check early enough. Got them between 1 am and 1:30 am eastern. Here's a screenshot of my order history:

vmi4P8T.jpg

Alright I ordered a Rosalina and Shulk from YesAsia, used a coupon code and total came to $37.

$18.50 a piece shipped, for two of the rarer Amiibos isn't too bad if you ask me. If they cancel on me they cancel on me and I get my money back.

Then you didn't check early enough. Got them between 1 am and 1:30 am eastern. Here's a screenshot of my order history:

vmi4P8T.jpg

God damn it all if that's true! That means my LINE alert was too fucking late. Seems strange yours is the only case I've heard of actual success though. Did you get a confirmation e-mail too?

DarkWish

God damn it all if that's true! That means my LINE alert was too fucking late. Seems strange yours is the only case I've heard of actual success though. Did you get a confirmation e-mail too?
Yes, confirmation emails for all of them. Still process so who knows if they cancel anything. But I was able to pre-order.

rjinaz

They are just placeholders. I'm pretty sure anyone saying they got some in are just lying. Until I see hard proof, anyway. Law of averages suggests I would've at least got one of the characters I was trying at if they actually were live. I was on it the moment I received my LINE alert and nothing worked for me at all.

Yeah there is a huge megathread on reddit with over 700 comments and none of them are claiming they got anything. So not sure how anybody managed. Must have done the equivalent of having won the lottery.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Does Yesasia charge PAypal immediately, or only once they ship?
They charged my card right away but I think it's just authorization charge and it'll go away in a couple days. The site said they only charge once the items have been shipped.

AdanVC

I've never heard of YesAsia before and this one looks super tempting to preorder Ness even tho until 31 of July... my god why is going to take that long?? Anyway. Is YesAsia reliable? It seems like it but just to make sure. God damn this anxiety of importing things because of the incompetence of NoA/retails/whatever.

rjinaz

Does Yesasia charge PAypal immediately, or only once they ship?

My understanding for paypal on their website is they charge immediately and you DO NOT get it back. If wrong somebody can correct me. I have just used credit cards.

I've never heard of YesAsia before and this one looks super tempting to preorder Ness even tho until 31 of July... my god why is going to take that long?? Anyway. Is YesAsia reliable? It seems like it but just to make sure. God damn this anxiety of importing things because of the incompetence of NoA/retails/whatever.

Yes they are reliable. I have ordered other things and got them from there just fine. Japan is getting restock in July.

Will they be able to come through on all these amiibo preorders? I have my doubts but we will see.

How reliable has YesAsia been for Amiibo preorders? I could reorder everything I grabbed from PlayAsia and save $80 (!) on shipping, which would be fantastic. But I'm scared of screwing myself in case YesAsia takes too many orders or something.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So a buddy ordered Lucario from GAME back in January and after waiting for a couple months, emailed GAME to try to find out what happened to his order.

In early March GAME said it was lost in the mail, and refunded his purchase. However, he was still without a Lucario.

So imagine his surprise when this arrived in the mail today:

GeekComplex

Neo Member
How reliable has YesAsia been for Amiibo preorders? I could reorder everything I grabbed from PlayAsia and save $80 (!) on shipping, which would be fantastic. But I'm scared of screwing myself in case YesAsia takes too many orders or something.
How does one cancel a play Asia order? I can't seem to figure it out. Haha.

atomsk

Party Pooper

I've ordered cds and video games from them before, but never anything I had to preorder.

I sent out that alert and at the time I was able to add Lucina to cart but then it got removed and I could still use the button after that but wouldn't add. Also many reported getting the Splatoon Boy and Girl in but nothing else.

1:30am EST?? Nothing was up then, you must be mistaken DarkWish...

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I was also up with Byron last night and nothing was up on the website at 1-1:30am EST. Pages only started going live at around 2:40-2:55am EST

Good on you however you got them, Darkwish

lumber

Went ahead and preordered Lucina and Robin from YesAsia as backups (mainly because I think they will be impossible to find in the U.S.).

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Almost pulled the trigger for Robin and Lucina on YesAsia, but I don't trust site 100%. I understand why I can't cancel, but I'm just worried about their quantities. Gonna hope for Amazon or any stock I get in at work.

I sent out that alert and at the time I was able to add Lucina to cart but then it got removed and I could still use the button after that but wouldn't add. Also many reported getting the Splatoon Boy and Girl in but nothing else.

1:30am EST?? Nothing was up then, you must be mistaken DarkWish...

Yeah, I was able to add Lucina AND Robin to my cart, but couldn't get much further than that. I heard people were successful with the Splatoon characters, but DarkWish is the only one I've heard being able to get Smash characters. Something doesn't add up here. Not that I wouldn't be happy for him if he actually is telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom