• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mob

Thought so.

Target, Walmart, and Amazon had yet to go up.
Allegedly Target came and went but I still don't wanna believe it.

You can cancel a Playasia order by emailing their customer service email as long as the item has not started dispatching.

I've cancelled 2 Playasia preorders in the last 3 weeks.

AdanVC

My understanding for paypal on their website is they charge immediately and you DO NOT get it back. If wrong somebody can correct me. I have just used credit cards.

Yes they are reliable. I have ordered other things and got them from there just fine. Japan is getting restock in July.

Will they be able to come through on all these amiibo preorders? I have my doubts but we will see.

I've ordered cds and video games from them before, but never anything I had to preorder.

Cool thanks for answer. I think I'm gonna preorder from them. But omg until july 31 and excluding the shipping... They will be arriving until mid august probably :(

Boogiepop

Hope Yesasia is legit because I pre-ordered FE if and Zelda Majora's Mask faceplate.
We shall see in June...

Yesasia is absolutely a legitimate website, I've used it in the past for CDs and stuff plenty of times. As to whether or not they'll come through for amiibo, that I can't say.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So I impulsively grabbed a stand from Amazon for my amiibo and thought I'd share the results.
I'm a cheap ass, so I wasn't about to buy an actual item intended for this use, but instead grabbed a Spice Stand/Rack that just so happens to be bigger than needed to display my amiibo!
Stand was 7.99 and can be grabbed here
OLm6gEC.jpg

Yesasia is absolutely a legitimate website, I've used it in the past for CDs and stuff plenty of times. As to whether or not they'll come through for amiibo, that I can't say.
Cool, I posted it to the Customization thread then.
Nice that people that missed out on cover plates get another chance as well.
So I impulsively grabbed a stand from Amazon for my amiibo and thought I'd share the results.
I'm a cheap ass, so I wasn't about to buy an actual item intended for this use, but instead grabbed a Spice Stand/Rack that just so happens to be bigger than needed to display my amiibo!
OLm6gEC.jpg
I would enjoy something like that, but need something else to cover for the dust.

I got the EB call...

This is in regards to the EB Games Canada overselling Wave 4 pre-orders.

Looks like all my Wave 4+Splatoon amiibo are safe...except for Robin and Lucina. I was second in line and they are asking us to CHOOSE either Robin or Lucina.

Really annoying because they are getting 4 of each, so they could easily supply the first 4 in line (my good friend and I were 1st and 2nd) but would rather us share....

I told them I didn't have an answer yet and would let them know. Part of me wants to fight this BS....I didn't get there at 7am and wait 2.5 hours to share with the people that got there later. Ugh.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So a buddy ordered Lucario from GAME back in January and after waiting for a couple months, emailed GAME to try to find out what happened to his order.

In early March GAME said it was lost in the mail, and refunded his purchase. However, he was still without a Lucario.

So imagine his surprise when this arrived in the mail today:

OUCH! DX

//ARCANUM

OLm6gEC.jpg

that's not bad at all... I might need to grab one of those

//ARCANUM

I'm thinking about making a $100 order on Yes-asia and putting it on my credit card... but I'm in the process of moving and my credit card billing address will probably change by the time these ship.... advice on what to do?

LiK

I'm thinking about making a $100 order on Yes-asia and putting it on my credit card... but I'm in the process of moving and my credit card billing address will probably change by the time these ship.... advice on what to do?

you can change the info in your account at anytime. do it before it ships.

RootCause

I got the EB call...

Looks like all my Wave 4+Splatoon amiibo are safe...except for Robin and Lucina. I was second in line and they are asking us to CHOOSE either Robin or Lucina.

Really annoying because they are getting 4 of each, so they could easily supply the first 4 in line (my good friend and I were 1st and 2nd) but would rather us share....

I told them I didn't have an answer yet and would let them know. Part of me wants to fight this BS....I didn't get there at 7am and wait 2.5 hours to share with the people that got there later. Ugh.
That sucks. Really hard to choose. Can't you ask them to sacrifice Wario or Charizard in exchange?

Fox Mulder

OLm6gEC.jpg

Nice, I only have 10 amiibos, and don't really need a stand that big to encourage me to buy more.

crimnos

I got the EB call...

Ugh that is such bullshit. Also, four?? I see the stock issues are still strong...

DarkWish

I was also up with Byron last night and nothing was up on the website at 1-1:30am EST. Pages only started going live at around 2:40-2:55am EST

Good on you however you got them, Darkwish
I had the links to the pages from a friend and I happened to check and they were up. They didn't come up via a search on the website or anything, I just had the direct links.

//ARCANUM

you can change the info in your account at anytime. do it before it ships.

ok cool thank you! any idea how they handle that with pre-orders though? I've heard horror stories about changing billing/shipping info on an Amazon order and then you get knocked to the back of the line and sometimes lose your pre-order...

I got the EB call...

After all the stories I heard, I kind of figured that was going to happen to you too. You should fight it though if you can. At the very least, maybe you'll get some kind of consolation or something for your trouble. It's the least they could do. Don't worry about me if it makes it easier on you. I know you helping me out was contingent on these pre-orders, so no worries if you can't. I actually found someone to trade a Lucina for my extra Jigglypuff, and I have a friend on the east coast who managed to get an extra Wario he's willing to sell me at cost. I still need to find a Robin though, so if you can help me out there, that would be great, but no pressure of course. I seriously thought GameStop in the US handled these preorders badly, but this sounds so much worse. Hope it all works out for you.

I just went and bought a Mario Series Mario because my Mario Party 10 bundle looked stupid with nothing in it (I opened the original one). It was either throw away the outer Mario Party 10 box or go buy a Mario amiibo. I chose amiibo.

Toki767

Someone from the last page that said he was able to preorder. The thing that raises a flag for me is the icon quality. Even on the official site, the quality isn't that bad.

Nah. I tried going on my phone to the mobile site, going to my Jigglypuff order page, taking a screenshot, and then uploading the screenshot. The thumbnail quality is basically the same. It's that bad.

-Horizon-

Someone from the last page that said he was able to preorder. The thing that raises a flag for me is the icon quality. Even on the official site, the quality isn't that bad.

Ohhh I feel stupid now lol > <

I don't recognize them though, either I don't see them post much or I just don't pay enough attention.

Neo Dark

Nah. I tried going on my phone to the mobile site, going to my Jigglypuff order page, taking a screenshot, and then uploading the screenshot. The thumbnail quality is basically the same. It's that bad.

Really? Let me see!

But yeah that's amazing how bad it looks like on mobile if true. I mean here's the shrunk icon on the main site http://scene7.targetimg1.com/is/image/Target/17318494?wid=60&hei=60 and the mobile one looks worst. Maybe the mobile one is a bit zoomed.

Ohhh I feel stupid now lol > <

I don't recognize them though, either I don't see them post much or I just don't pay enough attention.

Based on his post history, I'll go with... doesn't post much

Toki767

Do any of you think that Wave 2 and 3 Amiibos will be reprinted for the North American marketing or will it stay a Japanese exclusive? I am debating on biting on YesAsia.

Mods on Reddit removed the post as they classified it as fake.

Paging DarkWish!!! Come clean or give us more shots of your order!

If they're telling the truth, why do they owe you more than what has already been provided? Do you want DarkWish' login credentials to Target.com???

If they're not telling the truth...
who cares.

Has anyone else who complained in the GameStop survey hear back from them yet? I know some folks got a second chance to buy the six pack and yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd do the same from me since I kind of got screwed out of three of the characters despite my efforts to be there early and ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom