• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Dark

If they're telling the truth, why do they owe you more than what has already been provided? Do you want DarkWish' login credentials to Target.com???

If they're not telling the truth...
who cares.

Because you have to either be part of team fake or team real. That way at midnight tonight, Target will be able to deem those that guessed correctly as those that are worthy of pre-ordering wave 4 amiibos.

Seriously though, who knows. It's kind of why I just took a few looks at it and then went to do homework instead. Not like calling it right will get me anything.

Oops. Sorry. Reuploaded to Imgur.

No problem. Guess Target really does use horrible thumbnails.

DarkWish

Wow, really? I'm not lying. You all are examining my screenshots? lol. It's an iPhone 6 Plus if that helps your examinations.

I was given the direct links from a friend. I happened to check last night and not only were the pages up, but it let me check out. So I did this one by one for each Amriend.This was between 1 am and 1:30 am eastern. I had just finished watching more Daredevil episodes and I happened to check before I went to bed. And then a few hours later, I saw people find the links and post them publicly.

Here is a screenshot of my order for Robin (cut off the bottom because of an annoying watermark from an app I used to black things out):
sPhFfk8.jpg

And here's my email confirmations (I cut out the bottom rather than blacking out a lot of personal info):
63lmgCq.jpg

As of now, my orders are all still processing. It's very possible I got them early and they may be cancelled, but they haven't been yet.

If they're telling the truth, why do they owe you more than what has already been provided? Do you want DarkWish' login credentials to Target.com???

who cares.

I guess people want to know if orders were actually made. But if only 1 person claims it in all gaf and reddit, then either it's fake of he got lucky and either way it's obviously not available yet to the "masses" so we all still have a chance! Valid Point Pete :p

Wow, really? I'm not lying. You all are examining my screenshots? lol. It's an iPhone 6 Plus if that helps your examinations.

I was given the direct links from a friend. I happened to check last night and not only were the pages up, but it let me check out. So I did this one by one for each Amriend.This was between 1 am and 1:30 am eastern. I had just finished watching more Daredevil episodes and I happened to check before I went to bed. And then a few hours later, I saw people find the links and post them publicly.

Here is a screenshot of my order for Robin (cut off the bottom because of an annoying watermark from an app I used to black things out):
sPhFfk8.jpg

And here's my email confirmations (I cut out the bottom rather than blacking out a lot of personal info):
63lmgCq.jpg

As of now, my orders are all still processing. It's very possible I got them early and they may be cancelled, but they haven't been yet.

A lot of work to prove people wrong but hats off to you!

Edit, why all single orders though? Haha

LiK

sPhFfk8.jpg

63lmgCq.jpg

haha, good. Reddit mods know nothing. Stay in GAF bro

who cares.

This is more clarification for my amiibo alert addiction

Need to know!!!!!!

NICE!

I am gonna go make those Reddit mods eat crow

Fox Mulder

Do any of you think that Wave 2 and 3 Amiibos will be reprinted for the North American marketing or will it stay a Japanese exclusive? I am debating on biting on YesAsia.

who knows, NoA never says shit about any of this horrible mess besides announcing new amiibo. We'll have to see how shitty the Marth reprint is.

LegendX48

Random thing on the BestBuy page for Lucina

16950054530_94bbfd3f62_o.jpg

I don't know which person is weirder....

anywho, Amazon pre-orders still haven't gone live? This constant wait/fear is beyond irritating for a god damn toy :\

sPhFfk8.jpg

63lmgCq.jpg

xZzPpM3.gif

Baliis

Wait, if they went up between 1-130 in the morning, why does it say order placed 4/12?

His time versus target time plus the delay in the emails I assume. The first two say 12, but the rest say 13, he placed the first couple before 1am his time, the rest after probably

//ARCANUM

oh man this is funny. everybody wanting to jump all over the guy who got lucky enough to place an order.

edit - woah, top of page. did not intend to carry over this nonsense to the next page lol

oh man this is funny. everybody wanting to jump all over the guy who got lucky enough to place an order.

edit - woah, top of page. did not intend to carry over this nonsense to the next page lol

Just to be clear, I am doing this for my AAA (amiibo alert addiction). I am not salty or anything about DarkWish's order.

D-Stubbs

The only explanation for this is Target had one Amiibo each and DarkWish got them all. Makes sense to me.

I do believe Darkwish's order is legit.

rjinaz

Lol for something like this it really doesn't matter if somebody fakes it or not. Either way, you're not getting a proeorder and the only time being wasted is the alleged faker's own.

I suppose people don't like thinking that somebody got luckier than they did. Guess what, happens all the time when it comes to amiibo.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I just find it kind of hilarious that we're all so quick to call bullshit, but would never dare give out our order numbers ourselves, so what DO they really want from him? I get the worry that we all missed it, but the fact is if we did, we're only wasting MORE time sitting around a website with nothing more to offer.

rjinaz

I just find it kind of hilarious that we're all so quick to call bullshit, but would never dare give out our order numbers ourselves, so what DO they really want from him? I get the worry that we all missed it, but the fact is if we did, we're only wasting MORE time sitting around a website with nothing more to offer.

Pretty much. But I have a hard time believing they were up for more than a minute or two. Did we really miss anything? Not unless you spend all your free time refreshing target pages.

Hahaha those posters are so funny. "never believe anything you see on the interwebz!" then why are you browsing reddit and such?

Anyways, this is a lot more entertaining than I imagined. It's like it's Monday or something

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Pretty much. But I have a hard time believing they were up for more than a minute or two. Did we really miss anything? Not unless you spend all your free time refreshing target pages.

Again, I don't know if it's real or not, but It's up to us to actually figure that out, not call knee-jerk bullshit and never find out of we're all wasting our time.

Crom

People are just jealous.

Good for him. I have mine preordered through Best Buy so really just need the 3 store exclusives (Jigglypuff, Ness, Greninja) from Wave 4.

Missed all of the overseas Wave 5 and beyond though (Dark Pit, Yoshi Yarn etc) so getting nervous. Been missing out on a lot lately.

rjinaz

Again, I don't know if it's real or not, but It's up to us to actually figure that out, not call knee-jerk bullshit and never find out of we're all wasting our time.

You may have misunderstood me. What I meant was, I don't think anybody should feel like they missed out even if it is real, with the short amount of time they would have been up with everybody else missing out on them.

Either way, I agree.

RootCause

People are just jealous.

Good for him. I have mine preordered through Best Buy so really just need the 3 store exclusives (Jigglypuff, Ness, Greninja) from Wave 4.

Missed all of the overseas Wave 5 and beyond though so getting nervous.
Missing three myself . Need Greninja, and the FE chars.

shanafan

Target has supposedly not gone live yet with the other amiibo but somebody here says they got them all last night. It was probably a glitch since virtually nobody else managed to do it.

Ah. Well, I would say that back before the PS4 launched, I somehow managed to preorder one on Target's website on my computer, not mobile. After I snagged the preorder, I noticed the same URL that was linked to the PS4 suddenly became like women's clothes or something, and there were no more PS4 preorders.

Toki767

I guess all those people pointing out the date don't seem to realize Target is on Pacific time. So 1AM EDT on 4/13/15 is still 4/12/15 on Target servers.

RootCause

Greninja and Ness only allude me. Though I might have a trade set up for Greninja and I have ness preorders at yesasia.
I'm feeling very positive about finding a Greninja in store, Lucina, and Robin on the other hand... Might have to import those if I can't get them online, or if I miss them at TRU on 5/29.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Been in the amiibo game about 5 weeks...
It seems the more amiibo I get, the more amiibo I want...
There's a guy in town, says he's got the good stuff...
We all wanted the good stuff...

haha, good. Reddit mods know nothing. Stay in GAF bro

sPhFfk8.jpg

63lmgCq.jpg

Looks like you are telling the truth. My apologies man. And yes I am willing to admit that I am salty as hell and wish I could have been that lucky. Still you aren't a scalper, so I'm happy for you anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom