• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

I have a feeling I will have to wait til May 29th and hope for the best. Only gotten hold of two wave 4's so far and those are coming from amazon UK, I prefer the US versions but I lucked out and got Charizard and Wario..if Im lucky enough to get the US ones I can always resell the UK ones, or just send them back

It is still showing red for me... but it's not letting me do anything, so it just as well be grey. Sorry to get excited... I'd never seen it red before!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I should have known something was up. It says "add to cart" and not "pre-order".

Im on firefox and I tried it with internet explorer shows it grayed out..if your seeing red its a glitch Ive had it happen to be twice before, had it show up red but wouldnt let me order anything

G0523

I have a feeling I will have to wait til May 29th and hope for the best. Only gotten hold of two wave 4's so far and those are coming from amazon UK, I prefer the US versions but I lucked out and got Charizard and Wario..if Im lucky enough to get the US ones I can always resell the UK ones, or just send them back

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm glad I got the Ness amiibo from YesAsia earlier today since I don't care about region. And the Greninja amiibo I'm going to Toys R Us on April 27th to preorder. So with the Jigglypuff amiibo I should be fine if I go to Target on May 29th. But preordering everything at once would just make it all so much less of a hassle.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm glad I got the Ness amiibo from YesAsia earlier today since I don't care about region. And the Greninja amiibo I'm going to Toys R Us on April 27th to preorder. So with the Jigglypuff amiibo I should be fine if I go to Target on May 29th. But preordering everything at once would just make it all so much less of a hassle.

I dont know if there is any difference between UK release and US one(except the UK one is releasing at the end of the month) does that mean I cant use it here til its actually released here(Like playing a game early you can get banned?) I had no idea these little guys would be so hard to get. Called two gamestops in my area the day they were available for pre order, usually these two particular stores are dead, not a sole in sight, but I Called and was told that there were 20 people in line waiting so I said screw it its not worth it

G0523

I dont know if there is any difference between UK release and US one(except the UK one is releasing at the end of the month) does that mean I cant use it here til its actually released here(Like playing a game early you can get banned?) I had no idea these little guys would be so hard to get. Called two gamestops in my area the day they were available for pre order, usually these two particular stores are dead, not a sole in sight, but I Called and was told that there were 20 people in line waiting so I said screw it its not worth it

There are no differences between the amiibo. They are all region free. You won't be able to unlock anything if you get one early though since Nintendo needs to release an update for the game that the amiibo are compatible with. So it won't ban or lock you out, it'll just give you an error message.

Kind of a shot in the dark here, but is there anyone who managed to secure a Ness preorder from Gamestop who DOESN'T care about the region? Because I've got a Ness coming from the UK, but since he's my favorite character I would really prefer a US box to display. So I'm willing to trade a NIB EU Ness for a NIB US Ness.

He's been my main since the 64 days and it would mean a lot to me!

I hope I didn't miss anything, amiibros! Had a wonderful weekend with the lady and ended up going to Nintendo World store for the first time in my life which is unfortunate since I am a New Yorker.

I finally picked up the Blues Brothers.
EQ2Pxab.jpg

They are my favorite amiibos so far and I'm glad I don't have to pay shipping for them anymore, haha. The store was stocked with the commons, really. They also had a lot of the Mario Party + Mario amiibo bundle if I am not mistaken.

Ii1KKhq.jpg

I also picked this up in Image Anime, a few blocks away from Penn Station. They also had it in stock in Nintendo World for the same price I believe, but I had to pick it after seeing it for a second time, lol.

Zxlzk1L.jpg

Nintendo World also had the Wind Waker Link Nendoroid which also surprised me!

Neo Dark

Congratulations DarkWish. Guess Target has decided to play fair this time and only allow one person to pre-order. WHY YOU NO PRE-ORDER 99?!?! Jkjk

Seriously though, man this whole thing is weird. First I thought I missed out on the pre-order. Then I was told I didn't. Now I think I did. Must be dem rupees I got last night. 9,999,999 rupees will drive a man crazy it seems.

There are no differences between the amiibo. They are all region free. You won't be able to unlock anything if you get one early though since Nintendo needs to release an update for the game that the amiibo are compatible with. So it won't ban or lock you out, it'll just give you an error message.

Good at least I know it will work I just wont use it til its released, or maybe I will be lucky and get the US versions of them on release date, either way I cant use them til May 29th so thats cool I dont mind, was just worried that they would not work at all..I assume even the US release ones need some sort of patch to use them on release day or are the patches only for other region amiibos? I refresh amazon UK's site all the time in hopes of getting a Ness but all they do is keep on having Charizard and Wario for pre order

Toki767

Do people just not know to go to the Nintendo World Store for amiibo compared to other stores or do they just have a literal warehouse full of them at the store?

Fox Mulder

Do people just not know to go to the Nintendo World Store for amiibo compared to other stores or do they just have a literal warehouse full of them at the store?

It's their one flagship retail store. Shouldn't be hard to keep it well stocked at all regardless of what the rest of the country looks like.

G0523

Good at least I know it will work I just wont use it til its released, or maybe I will be lucky and get the US versions of them on release date, either way I cant use them til May 29th so that's cool I don't mind, was just worried that they would not work at all.I assume even the US release ones need some sort of patch to use them on release day or are the patches only for other region amiibos? I refresh amazon UK's site all the time in hopes of getting a Ness but all they do is keep on having Charizard and Wario for preorder.

I think so? I'm not really sure.

most have been on pins and needles since pre-orders started popping up in general >.>
It's been particularly rough for me because I have a lot of anxiety issues as it is, but this Amiibo situation has only made it that much worse. I will complete the Smash series mind you, but I may have reached my breaking point when comes to my refusal to buy from scalpers. I've actually been scoping eBay a lot in the past week for prices I'm willing to pay and I kick that number up a bit every time I look.

Piscus

It's been particularly rough for me because I have a lot of anxiety issues as it is, but this Amiibo situation has only made it that much worse. I will complete the Smash series mind you, but I may have reached my breaking point when comes to my refusal to buy from scalpers. I've actually been scoping eBay a lot in the past week for prices I'm willing to pay and I kick that number up a bit every time I look.

what are you still missing?

Josh5890

Lucina, Robin, and Wario. Though I do have potential means to obtain both, it still hasn't done much to set my mind at ease.

I wouldn't pay scalper prices until they've come out. Give yourself a punchers chance on release day. I understand that you are trying to eliminate stress but maybe you can still get them at retail.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't pay scalper prices until they've come out. Give yourself a punchers chance on release day. I understand that you are trying to eliminate stress but maybe you can still get them at retail.

I second this. Who knows what will happen, and maybe by then things will calm down and even scalper prices will lower, due to the stock being out. It sure happened with Rosalina.

RootCause

I second this. Who knows what will happen, and maybe by then things will calm down and even scalper prices will lower, due to the stock being out. It sure happened with Rosalina.
Yep, Gold Mario was at $100 when it came out, now you can find it for $50.

Joei

Exactly. We're still a month and a half away from release, people are getting incredibly worked up over this. Gold Mario orders went up like 20 different times or something. I'm sure these will be available again. And I'm sure after release they'll hit websites periodically, just like every wave before.

Well yeah, I'll wait till sellers at least have them in hand before I do that. After release though, if I haven't preordered, I'll really have no choice but to get what I need off of eBay because while I don't mind giving up sleep to wait in line for them, I'd have to give up hours at work to do so. So I could either lose a small amount of money to a scalper, or a larger sum of money taking the day off to get these characters. Rosalina was fine because that was a Sunday. At least I was able to get three and half waves without resorting to the aftermarket, and that in and of itself is a pretty big victory I feel.

Anyone want to buy my Gold Mario for $101?

Actually, is there s site that lists mean values for amiibos? Is Rosalina really 40 bucks minimum? Is no one selling open box amiibos yet?

illgrillchill

Neo Member
Hi Amiibros!

I have a dilemma:

So I ordered 3 amiibos from play-asia that were a part of wave 4ths reorder that are due out in July. They're awaiting payment since I haven't sent it yet.

However, YeaAsia has those same amiibos available for pre-order for July as well and I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

Can I cancel my Play-Asia order and order from YeaAsia and save like 20 bucks or should I just keep it?

I never ordered from either so I don't know hwo the policies work.

shandy706

They charge when the item is ready to ship. They are generally ok with canceling of preorders. If you cannot do it online, then you can contact CS and try to work it out with them.

Ok, I'm willing to lock in Lucina and Robin now if I can cancel. If I miss out on it with Amazon then I'll let it ride.

Edit* Nevermind...the Amiibo pages specifically say this on yesasia..

"This product cannot be cancelled or returned after the order has been placed. "

Hey AmiiboGAF! I've been very busy this last week moving and stuff. Please tell me I haven't missed much besides us getting moved over to Community side.

-Horizon-

Hey AmiiboGAF! I've been very busy this last week moving and stuff. Please tell me I haven't missed much besides us getting moved over to Community side.
Apparently some stuff went up on playasia (not sure if they're still available, they were mostly reprints like Marth and Pit and Shulk etc) but yesasia still has them up last I checked a couple minutes ago. Also yesasia still has most of wave 4 up for preorder like Ness and Lucina. Though that may or may not have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom