• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it's almost no use to scalpers, yesasia amiibos just got posted Slickdeals with people actually giving them a chance so heads up that the word is spreading rather rapidly.

Decisions decisions.

Does anyone know what the difference in value should roughly be for opened amiibo vs sealed? I open all of mine anyway so I figure I may as well just buy them loose, especially if they are cheaper. However, that doesn't really seem to be the case. And it doesn't help that 99% of the listings on eBay are for sealed amiibo, so it's hard enough to even find loose ones to get an idea of the going rate.

I just want a loose Rosalina for a decent price. I've given up all hope for a Villager.

RootCause

Does anyone know what the difference in value should roughly be for opened amiibo vs sealed? I open all of mine anyway so I figure I may as well just buy them loose, especially if they are cheaper. However, that doesn't really seem to be the case. And it doesn't help that 99% of the listings on eBay are for sealed amiibo, so it's hard enough to even find loose ones to get an idea of the going rate.

I just want a loose Rosalina for a decent price. I've given up all hope for a Villager.
I haven't opened my Amiibo yet, but if I could find them open for cheap, I'd jump on those I'd like to keep sealed, like Marth, and Villager.

Apparently some stuff went up on playasia (not sure if they're still available, they were mostly reprints like Marth and Pit and Shulk etc) but yesasia still has them up last I checked a couple minutes ago. Also yesasia still has most of wave 4 up for preorder like Ness and Lucina. Though that may or may not have changed.
:O

I must check this out.

Edit: I'm not seeing anything now.

Colors

Neo Member
When did Villager become the rarest/most expensive amiibo? I saw him around in quite a few places at launch, but never once saw Marth in a store. Is it just because of the news of a Marth reprint?

Neo Dark

Target's Lucina page...
hJ1UdAn.png

Very subtle Horizon...

Fox Mulder

Oh, didn't know that was the case. I wonder what criteria they have for which ones they reprint.

The amiibo support for codename steam was announced long after Marth was gone I believe.

There's still hard to get characters, and the other FE characters probably won't be any better, but at least we know what to expect now.

Only five months late to the madness. Who didn't expect the likes of Marth and Villager to be rare?

Maybe it was naive of me, but I personally thought that unless noted as a special edition, all the amiibo would be fairly easy to get. I prioritized some Christmas purchases thinking that this would be the case, and that I could get Marth and Villager in particular afterward Christmas.

My wife still wants a Villager, but she doesn't want JP. I probably should have just bought one when I first realized they'd be rare. Oh well.

Maybe it was naive of me, but I personally thought that unless noted as a special edition, all the amiibo would be fairly easy to get. I prioritized some Christmas purchases thinking that this would be the case, and that I could get Marth and Villager in particular afterward Christmas.

My wife still wants a Villager, but she doesn't want JP. I probably should have just bought one when I first realized they'd be rare. Oh well.

You got the same story that I do. Went though the holiday months thinking that I would be able to find them later so bought things for other people. Didn't even occur to me that they would become rare. Even saw some of the ones that I'm still missing now "cool I can't wait to pick those up after Christmas". Nope.

As someone that used to collect skylanders I learned that u gotta get certain ones fast or there gone forever.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Only five months late to the madness. Who didn't expect the likes of Marth and Villager to be rare?
I bought Villager right away because I love AC, but I honestly didn't expect that one to be rare. New Leaf sold a shitload of copies, I guess I naively assumed Nintendo would make a shitload of Villagers.

Neo Dark

Ok, I'm willing to lock in Lucina and Robin now if I can cancel. If I miss out on it with Amazon then I'll let it ride.

Edit* Nevermind...the Amiibo pages specifically say this on yesasia..

"This product cannot be cancelled or returned after the order has been placed. "
That's just there because they have to get the item you want for you. Say if the item wasn't easy to sell and you don't buy it, then they're eating the costs for it. That goes for any import company but generally they will let you on light cases. They just might flag your account and if it happens again then you'll get banned from using them.

You could have avatar quoted yourself! MISSED OPPORTUNITY! FAIL!

Kenai

To be fair, Villager hails from a very successful mufti-million casual focused franchise that has been around for...how long? At least since the Gamecube if not sooner.

I am still kicking myself for not getting a second one back when there were a few just sitting in a small town Walmart near me.

Fingers crossed I can get Lucina and Robin when I camp out at Target again for Jigglypuff day. Bet there will be a lot more people since it won't be a freezing November day, but I will also be slightly less miserable as a result of warmer weather at least.

Neo Dark

Off topic, I guess, but have you found a way to do it consistently? Randomly getting it once an hour isn't worth it for me.

Off topic but I was busy all day and just caught a break. Managed to rupee glitch the first try. I'm getting the hang of this!
Edit: Yup, I got this. Another 10 mill with only a single proper try (had to restart twice cause I didn't hop on Argorok or wasn't able to pull him out)

Back on topic... so who's not sleeping tonight in hopes of Target pre-orders?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Off topic but I was busy all day and just caught a break. Managed to rupee glitch the first try. I'm getting the hang of this!

Back on topic... so who's not sleeping tonight in hopes of Target pre-orders?

About to knock out again. Was holding out hope, but now worried it's gonna happen in the morning again.
I can't win.

Renewed

Canuck here.... so yeah... Not gonna stress over Jiggs but Xenoblade's been keeping me up.

I imagine Jiggs here will be a similar case as Rosalina: Various retailers receive small amounts so being quick to the draw like before will be important.

Plover

Neo Member
Nintendo Aus still haven't confirmed pricing for Splatoon triple pack and Yarn Yoshi's so I still can't preorder them :(
My friend and I have preordered them and we're in Aus? EB lets you put down a $10 deposit regardless.

Finally get to join the Amiibo party and it's now in Community. Oh well, hello to all anyway.

Edit: That Aladdin Toad is really nice, especially those flames!

Good morning everyone. Shopto and Game have the Yarn Yoshi's up. They have a few different packs, game w/yoshi, just the amiibo, Amiibo 3-pack.

Is anyone willing to do a trade for the three pack(pink,blue & green Yarn Yoshi amiibo)? I don't live in the UK :/ The Yarn Yoshis are the only ones my wife wants. I can trade a Gold Mario, Toon Link & Mega Man

Good morning everyone. Shopto and Game have the Yarn Yoshi's up. They have a few different packs, game w/yoshi, just the amiibo, Amiibo 3-pack.

Is anyone willing to do a trade for the three pack(pink,blue & green Yarn Yoshi amiibo)? I don't live in the UK :/ The Yarn Yoshis are the only ones my wife wants. I can trade a Gold Mario, Toon Link & Mega Man

I'd wait at least until they start popping up for pre-order in the US before jumping the pond to find them. It's still going to be a while until these are released anyway, because they don't come out until the game does sometime in the Fall.

LiK

Currency conversion makes them much more expensive. Sigh

I'd wait at least until they start popping up for pre-order in the US before jumping the pond to find them. It's still going to be a while until these are released anyway, because they don't come out until the game does sometime in the Fall.

I'm temped too but with all the trouble people have been having with pre-orders and such I want to make sure I get these. Also the bundle is appealing, my wife and I both want one and her sister wants the pink one.

-Horizon-

That's just there because they have to get the item you want for you. Say if the item wasn't easy to sell and you don't buy it, then they're eating the costs for it. That goes for any import company but generally they will let you on light cases. They just might flag your account and if it happens again then you'll get banned from using them.

You could have avatar quoted yourself! MISSED OPPORTUNITY! FAIL!

The last time I avatar quoted myself I got chewed out on it. Apparently it isn't something you should do > <

jmizzal

I bought Villager right away because I love AC, but I honestly didn't expect that one to be rare. New Leaf sold a shitload of copies, I guess I naively assumed Nintendo would make a shitload of Villagers.

I think Nintendo is planing a AC amiibo line which is why they didnt do a lot of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom